5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quality control at the factory

rgreener77

Reaction score
So, picked up a 2022 Night Edition today with the Eco Diesel. Looks great, very happy. However, one of the things I was looking forward too as it was an upgrade from the 2020 I traded was the heads up display. The factory forgot to put the heads up display in the truck!! Crazy right? Clearly states it on the sticker as part of a package, and all the other package options are there, they just left out the heads up display. How does this happen? The GM is supposed to get up with me tomorrow to figure out how to make it right.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
So, picked up a 2022 Night Edition today with the Eco Diesel. Looks great, very happy. However, one of the things I was looking forward too as it was an upgrade from the 2020 I traded was the heads up display. The factory forgot to put the heads up display in the truck!! Crazy right? Clearly states it on the sticker as part of a package, and all the other package options are there, they just left out the heads up display. How does this happen? The GM is supposed to get up with me tomorrow to figure out how to make it right.
did you look at the build sheet?

rgreener77

Reaction score
Spolier alert, they won't make it right. They will offer to let you return the truck so they can sell it for more than you paid and you can order another one for them to screw you on.

They will make it right one way or another I’ll make sure of that. The Dealership seemed committed to do so as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hahahhahahabababahahbhahaahaahahaa

Edit: Oh wait, this is serious. Ignore this

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is it one of the things they deleted due to chip shortage?

rgreener77

Reaction score
I know that's where it should be but I've been on the website many times and that package is not listed. Is it not on the '22s? Trying to build a limited night edition.
Not sure. I took delivery of my 2022 yesterday and while i didn't build it, it is clearly listed on both the sticker and the build sheet

rgreener77

Reaction score
did you actually build the truck on the website? or just picked the truck out at the dealer?
It was one the dealer had already ordered, but i purchased it about a week before it came in. Around here they have been selling before they hit the lot. I lucked into a decent deal on last day of month

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was one the dealer had already ordered, but i purchased it about a week before it came in. Around here they have been selling before they hit the lot. I lucked into a decent deal on last day of month
So you paid for that item on the truck, it needs to be there.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely interested in seeing how they make this right for you. Does the truck have the digital rear view mirror or LED CHMSL with the camera? Those were part of the package which included the HUD on my 2021 Limited.

I don't see them retrofitting the HUD into that truck, but that's what should happen IMHO. Although I'm not sure it would be worth doing something that invasive on a brand new truck. I really like my HUD, but I probably wouldn't want them swapping in a new dash just to get it.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
doubt the dealer will do much, probably either offer you a refund on the cost of HUD or offer to put you in another truck. Not really the dealers fault, more of a factory issue which happens all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread