5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Putco Blade Tailgate Light-bar Questions

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
I ordered the same day you did. Did you got email saying it is shipped with tracking number yet?
I received an email tonight actually with a fed ex tracking # supposed to be delivered tomorrow :)

ktl5005

Reaction score
I used the Putco one and no sensor issues, install is super easy.
Got it in the mail today. Looks like a quality piece. Question for you, did you mount them with the wire coming from the light bar to the outside of the center or the wires meeting in the middle?

Im assuming it gets mounted with the Putco name facing upright so it can be read.

do you have any daytime pictures I could reference on how you installed it and where you ran the wires and mounted the control box? Thanks.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got it in the mail today. Looks like a quality piece. Question for you, did you mount them with the wire coming from the light bar to the outside of the center or the wires meeting in the middle?

Im assuming it gets mounted with the Putco name facing upright so it can be read.

do you have any daytime pictures I could reference on how you installed it and where you ran the wires and mounted the control box? Thanks.
I mounted mine with the wires running on the outer ends and then tie wrapped the wires and control box up in the frame by the bumper using 12” tie wraps. Sorry no pics.

ktl5005

Reaction score
I mounted mine with the wires running on the outer ends and then tie wrapped the wires and control box up in the frame by the bumper using 12” tie wraps. Sorry no pics.
So the orientation of the bar doesn’t matter? Meaning I don’t want one side with the flasher on the upper portion and the other side with the flasher on the bottom

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the orientation of the bar doesn’t matter? Meaning I don’t want one side with the flasher on the upper portion and the other side with the flasher on the bottom
No it doesn’t matter, when you go to mount it you’ll see why I mounted mine off center of the license plate and not out further as I think you asked about that earlier. Wire it up and test it’s working properly before mounting it.

ktl5005

Reaction score
No it doesn’t matter, when you go to mount it you’ll see why I mounted mine off center of the license plate and not out further as I think you asked about that earlier. Wire it up and test it’s working properly before mounting it.
does your left side one go over the top of that plastic piece for the wiring for the tailgate?
9FB0BC1B-9CE4-4902-B7E4-F0DED653E2B1.jpeg

ktl5005

Reaction score
No I don’t believe so. Did you get it figured out?
Hmmm, I have just been playing around with it. Still waiting on the Curtis adapter. If it doesn't go over the plastic piece with the wire, then the other side hangs off the flat area....Think I am just going to pull my tailgate to make it easy.

ktl5005

Reaction score
38A085E2-D127-4266-A40E-7B63B2FC70EA.jpeg 00B6B318-20F6-4C74-AFB0-CFACAD793CB6.jpeg 63F73B9C-8687-4B1C-B474-6128003D5A7C.jpeg As you can see, I have it as far left as I can but there is this plastic tab and after that is the curved area. Then in the middle there is a plastic piece sticking up again on the second pick bottom middle so by the third picture it’s on the plastic insert for the tailgate wire.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ahh gotcha. So you are mounted over that plastic insert for the wiring and are higher up. Perfect. Thanks for all your help.
No problem, I never removed the tailgate but it is a bit tight but not too bad.

ClayFire2

Reaction score
I have the 60" blade and like it. It's not overly difficult to install, just takes some nylon spacers that you can get from HD for a couple bucks. I also got a CURT 5 pin harness adapter so it was essentially plug and play - just had to use a bullet connector for the reverse light wire.
Can you post a couple pictures of your bar? I want to do the 60 inch as well. What size spacers did you use by chance going to be putting my order in tonight. I'm going to use putco's blade quick connect adapter. I appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

ktl5005

Reaction score
Can you post a couple pictures of your bar? I want to do the 60 inch as well. What size spacers did you use by chance going to be putting my order in tonight. I'm going to use putco's blade quick connect adapter. I appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
Save the 40$ and get the Curtis adapter. Its the same thing as the Putco adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread