5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Putco Blade Tailgate Light-bar Questions

badgett28

Reaction score
Can you post a couple pictures of your bar? I want to do the 60 inch as well. What size spacers did you use by chance going to be putting my order in tonight. I'm going to use putco's blade quick connect adapter. I appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

I did the 60 inch bar as well but didn’t have to use spacers here’s a picture of mine B19075C0-FF20-444E-8ABA-31D37D8C970B.png

badgett28

Reaction score
Good deal how did you get it in there with the backup wiring?

I can double check tomorrow but I believe with the provided clips mine just sits over it the wire to the tailgate doesn’t get in the way.

ClayFire2

Reaction score
I can double check tomorrow but I believe with the provided clips mine just sits over it the wire to the tailgate doesn’t get in the way.
Alright good deal thank you. Did you mount just above the bumper like I've seen other people say for tailgate clearance?

badgett28

Reaction score
Alright good deal thank you. Did you mount just above the bumper like I've seen other people say for tailgate clearance?

Yep! And it’s a really tight fit lol so the closer to the bumper you are, the better

ktl5005

Reaction score
If he didn’t use spacers then the ends on each side are definitely not attached to anything due to the slanted and recessed plastic.

Bigdaveincali

Reaction score
Who in here is using the Putco Blade bar and their wire harness? Is it simple plug and play? How did you attach the bar to clear the harness? How do you like it in general?
Comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
I have it, just put mine in last week. It’s really that’s easy . My issues were getting my hand in the spots to work. So I put the spare tire down. After that no real issues. I used the mounting brackets on mine . The putco harness , is like a 1 min install

ktl5005

Reaction score
Can’t fit under it then it’s below the bumper and you won’t see it. Mine seems to be got to be on top of it

ktl5005

Reaction score
I have it, just put mine in last week. It’s really that’s easy . My issues were getting my hand in the spots to work. So I put the spare tire down. After that no real issues. I used the mounting brackets on mine . The putco harness , is like a 1 min install
Went with the Curtis harness for cheaper. Did yours go over the panel for the wiring for the tailgate lock and camera?

ktl5005

Reaction score
Take a picture if you could and post it on the left side where it mounts on the plastic insert for the tailgate wires. Thanks!

Bigdaveincali

Reaction score
Went with the Curtis harness for cheaper. Did yours go over the panel for the wiring for the tailgate lock and camera?
They literally plug into the factory wiring. Everything plugs right in. The wires from the blade light, everything. Took me more time to figure out where to put the to zip tie them up out of the way.

Bigdaveincali

Reaction score
I put mine right even with it, the wiring for the back up camera comes out to the right if your looking at it. I put mine just right below that across, barely above the bumper.

ktl5005

Reaction score
I put mine right even with it, the wiring for the back up camera comes out to the right if your looking at it. I put mine just right below that across, barely above the bumper.
Got it. I know that insert is slightly raised above the rest of the area and was worried about that throwing off the light when on.

Bigdaveincali

Reaction score
Got it. I know that insert is slightly raised above the rest of the area and was worried about that throwing off the light when on.
Just curious, how much was the Curt? And are you having to splice wires together with that one ?

Bigdaveincali

Reaction score
25$ on Amazon. Not it’s plug and play and just add bullet connector to white wire from light bar and plug in to 5th port on harness.
Yeah, I just wanted to keep things simple and straight forward. I’m not much for messing with electrical, lol. Not my thing. That’s why I went the putco harness, boom boom and it was done

Users who are viewing this thread