5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Putco Blade Tailgate Light-bar Questions

ktl5005

Reaction score
Who in here is using the Putco Blade bar and their wire harness? Is it simple plug and play? How did you attach the bar to clear the harness? How do you like it in general?
Comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unless you go with the Putco Split Blade like I did you’re going to be using spacers/screws due the camera harness and the profile of the plastic where it mounts.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Unless you go with the Putco Split Blade like I did you’re going to be using spacers/screws due the camera harness and the profile of the plastic where it mounts.
Mind posting pics of how it looks installed and how it operates at night?

knightro84

Reaction score
I have the 60" blade and like it. It's not overly difficult to install, just takes some nylon spacers that you can get from HD for a couple bucks. I also got a CURT 5 pin harness adapter so it was essentially plug and play - just had to use a bullet connector for the reverse light wire.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Did the kit come with this harness?

Looks to be on sale here

Also can you move each light out closer to the taillights?

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did the kit come with this harness?

Looks to be on sale here

Also can you move each light out closer to the taillights?
The harness is not included and yes you can move it out further if you want but then you’ll be dealing with the uneven profile of the mounting area and will need to use spacers like with the 60”.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
Looks like the putco adapter does not come with connectors to hook up the reverse lights according to amazon reviews, I'll probably go with the curt then for half the price.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Just ordered one with their discount code came to $131, not bad compared to what the other sites are charging.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered one with their discount code came to $131, not bad compared to what the other sites are charging.
Yeah that’s a great price, hopefully you’ll like it as much as I do. Post up a video of it installed on the outer ends if that’s what you end up doing.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Yeah that’s a great price, hopefully you’ll like it as much as I do. Post up a video of it installed on the outer ends if that’s what you end up doing.
I'll see what I can come up with once I get home to install it.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Well Wife made the final decision. The Putco Blade 18" ones is what she wanted. She said the 60" was "gawdy" and not "subtle." :rolleyes:Just ordered from Morris during their sale. Also order the Curtis 5 pin adapter from amazon since it is cheaper than the Putco one.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Here’s the video right after I installed it
I bought the Curtis 5 pin adapter b/c it was cheaper and basically the same as the Putco one. My assumption is then the white wire coming out of the putco controller, add a bullet connector to the end and place it in the 5th hole of the Curist 5 pin connector?

ktl5005

Reaction score
I bought the Curtis 5 pin adapter b/c it was cheaper and basically the same as the Putco one. My assumption is then the white wire coming out of the putco controller, add a bullet connector to the end and place it in the 5th hole of the Curist 5 pin connector?
91BEAC1F-B007-4A9B-A7D3-A395CC45F10D.png Like that?

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Correct on the bullet connector, btw your wife has good taste.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I forgot to ask, what harness connector did you use and any issue with the blind spot system? Putco mentions that, but I think I read it is related to Ford System
I used the Putco one and no sensor issues, install is super easy.

Users who are viewing this thread