5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PUTCO 60” rear light bar PICTURES

MiamiRebel

Reaction score
Hey everyone, had anyone installed the Putco 60” rear light bar? If so can you post pictures of how it looks at night or link a video? I’m interested in seeing how it looks on 5th gen rams. I’m thinking of getting it for my 2019 Rebel. Thanks

V8Spock

Reaction score
19 pages on the topic here:
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/tailgate-light-bar.3298/page-9

img-0422-jpg.23592

RickWaz

Reaction score
I had mine installed by a local Diode Dynamics authorized dealer/installer. He wired them "directly" to the applicable taillight wires so the Ram's turn-signal lights flashed in sync, w/ the Putco amber LEDs, i.e., no delay. I've read that if you use the included 4-pin wiring harness connection or wire to the truck's 4-pin wires, there will be a slight delay w/ the flashing of the Ram's taillights and the Putco amber LEDs.

Attachments

• RAM_11.jpg
    RAM_11.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 104
  • RAM_08.jpg
    RAM_08.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 96

MiamiRebel

Reaction score
I had mine installed by a local Diode Dynamics authorized dealer/installer. He wired them "directly" to the applicable taillight wires so the Ram's turn-signal lights flashed in sync, w/ the Putco amber LEDs, i.e., no delay. I've read that if you use the included 4-pin wiring harness connection or wire to the truck's 4-pin wires, there will be a slight delay w/ the flashing of the Ram's taillights and the Putco amber LEDs.
Nice set up brother!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Would you mind posting video of that? I don’t think I’ve seen a single install that didn’t have a delay!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
So the key to eliminate delay is to wire it straight into the lights instead of a harness, correct?

RickWaz

Reaction score
That's what he did. Although, he also mentioned something about wiring the brake wires (???) differently, maybe directly to the 4-pin wires (???) because if wired directly like the other lights, an Error Code was being generated. I can contact him to verify.

V8Spock

Reaction score
And sorry for the daylight video!

Rick, does the light bar illuminate with the brakes?

With a Putco Blade and the RAM LED taillights you either get:
1) no turn delay and no Putco brake light
or
2) the turn delay and Putco brake light

Just wondering. Nice truck BTW!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Click here for the YouTube video:

And sorry for the daylight video!
I should have clarified: Previous videos (using a variety of connection methods) have also shown no delay between the flashing of the taillight and light bar. BUT they show a delay on the initial flash, i.e. when you first activate the turn signal, the taillight flashes once before the light bar starts flashing.

See

Your YouTube clip looks great but doesn't show what happens when you first activate the turn signal (you'll need someone else to turn it on while you're filming).

RickWaz

Reaction score
Rick, does the light bar illuminate with the brakes?

With a Putco Blade and the RAM LED taillights you either get:
1) no turn delay and no Putco brake light
or
2) the turn delay and Putco brake light

Just wondering. Nice truck BTW!
Thanks! The color and graphics are appropriate as my Son is a Marine Vet.

And I'll have to check the brake light. My wife followed me home after the install and said the Putco taillight bar worked. I'll have her look again after she's home. Thanks for the heads up!

Users who are viewing this thread