5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchased a Rebel last night

edgarrian

Reaction score
Well guys after talking to about 5 dealers I finally pulled the trigger last night and put down a 500 deposit to take it off the lot. I got the Maximum Steel Metallic, 5.7, crew cab, Level 2 equipment group, 12 inch display, Block heater, 9 speaker system, and the the trailer brake control. I found several Rebels that had the 12 inch screen of course the options were different. I ended up getting the truck for a hair over 50k. They are giving me 22k for my trade in which I have the title so it makes the pill a bit easier to swallow. Im undecided how much Ill put down but most likely more than half. I don't like vehicle payments. Just enough to show up on the report and keep the score up there.

I did have an error on my part. I had a quote from a guy with the same options as i just posted and he was at 46,800. Nobody came close to his price. Well after looking closer his was a quad cab and not the crew cab.

Blee2221

Reaction score
What was the sticker price of your truck and a hair over 50 before or after taxes if you don’t mind me asking? Trying to negotiate on one now and want to see if I’m getting a fair shake. Lol

RAMDJ

Reaction score
What was the sticker price of your truck and a hair over 50 before or after taxes if you don’t mind me asking? Trying to negotiate on one now and want to see if I’m getting a fair shake. Lol

Based on what he posted for options, the MSRP / Sticker should be $56,665.

Normally, what I have seen is in the $8,000 range from MSRP is a good place to be. $10,000 you are golden.

ajosephngs

Reaction score
10k off a rebel would be a steal around here. Sticker was 57 on mine. I think I got maybe 4 or 5k off sticker. 10k off MSRP was possible on lots of other 1500's which had big promotions running at the time but no dealer I spoke with was taking 10k off a Rebel 3 months ago.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Best I could negotiate at beginning of Jan in the northeast was $7200 off msrp + tax/title. The dealer also had a couple other bogus fees like window etching and a doc fee which totaled another $700. I could have argued that but they gave me top dollar in my trade so I knew something was going to have to give. You have to look at the whole deal. But trade aside, most other dealers around here aren’t “starting” at anything more than $3500 off msrp on a rebel

edgarrian

Reaction score

I don't mind at all and i get that nobody wants to feel as if they were taken. I bought mine in Bismarck ND if that helps. MSRP was 57,110. So Ramdj was really close. I still have a bit of negotiations to do when I actually get to the dealer. Try to get a few free oil changes, maybe some inserts and possibly side steps. When I sign paper work and we talk about extended warranty Ill try to bust him up on that and try to get it for a discount otherwise I won't do it. As im not a big extended warranty person. Its a huge money maker for them and they should be willing to deal those.

Any of you know about any knew bumpers or cow catchers for these. I have not really found many options??

Patsy1099

Reaction score
I wouldn’t buy an extended warranty from the dealer. IF you want one, buy online from a place like Ziegler’s

Also, you can prepay for oil changes by purchasing a genuine Mopar Essential Care Plan on their website. You will get 4 oil changes for $115 (you can only buy 2 at a time in CA for some reason). They give you their standard oil and filter which is probably a Penzoil synthetic blend. Still for less than $30 you can’t beat it. You can use at any dealership. When the oil changes run out you can buy more.

edgarrian

Reaction score
I wouldn’t buy an extended warranty from the dealer. IF you want one, buy online from a place like Ziegler’s

Also, you can prepay for oil changes by purchasing a genuine Mopar Essential Care Plan on their website. You will get 4 oil changes for $115 (you can only buy 2 at a time in CA for some reason). They give you their standard oil and filter which is probably a Penzoil synthetic blend. Still for less than $30 you can’t beat it. You can use at any dealership. When the oil changes run out you can buy more.

I have never heard of buying them online. I however do get spam called for warranty on my 07 Mustang. Ill check out Ziegler's. Why would this be any better than what the dealer offers? Is it that much cheaper? Ill check out the Mopar Exxential Care Plan. Thanks for the heads up. Keep the info coming. I like hearing about new stuff.

Thanks

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Any dealer can sell you the FCA warranty. Ziegler happens to be one that sells them for barely over their cost. They make their money on volume. You can buy it online or call them. If you pay it in full you get even more of a discount. I think the code is PAYINFULL but I’m not sure. You can call them and ask. I have used them several times. You choose your number of years, mileage, and deductible and it will show you the price. You can also cancel it within like 30 days (?) if you change your mind.

Blee2221

Reaction score
Appr
I don't mind at all and i get that nobody wants to feel as if they were taken. I bought mine in Bismarck ND if that helps. MSRP was 57,110. So Ramdj was really close. I still have a bit of negotiations to do when I actually get to the dealer. Try to get a few free oil changes, maybe some inserts and possibly side steps. When I sign paper work and we talk about extended warranty Ill try to bust him up on that and try to get it for a discount otherwise I won't do it. As im not a big extended warranty person. Its a huge money maker for them and they should be willing to deal those.

Any of you know about any knew bumpers or cow catchers for these. I have not really found many options??

Appreicate the reply! From NJ and trying to purchase locally. Working with a dealer now on a rebel 12 they located at another dealer and trying to get it for me. Sticker is 61,300. They are giving me about $6500 off sticker with an OTD price of $60,084. $2500 in January rebates. I’m interested to see the new rebates that come out tomorrow. I hope they are better. I feel like I should be getting a little bit better off but they wouldn’t budge anymore so that’s why I’m anxious to see the new rebates/incentives for the new month hopefully it’s another $1k off and I’ll be happy. Tried negotiating the mopar off road running boards or a tonneau cover in the deal but wouldn’t bite.

edgarrian

Reaction score
Appr

Appreicate the reply! From NJ and trying to purchase locally. Working with a dealer now on a rebel 12 they located at another dealer and trying to get it for me. Sticker is 61,300. They are giving me about $6500 off sticker with an OTD price of $60,084. $2500 in January rebates. I’m interested to see the new rebates that come out tomorrow. I hope they are better. I feel like I should be getting a little bit better off but they wouldn’t budge anymore so that’s why I’m anxious to see the new rebates/incentives for the new month hopefully it’s another $1k off and I’ll be happy. Tried negotiating the mopar off road running boards or a tonneau cover in the deal but wouldn’t bite.

Im sure the area makes a difference. I know I talked to the dealerships finance guy the other day and he said they would check out the incentives for this month as well for me. Although im not expecting much if any discount. If there is then ill be surprised. You might try getting a few more dealers involved. That could help you out. Dealers also have quota to get to at the end of the month and at times will have a decent incentive. Its only three weeks away if you can wait that long. To be honest I haven't seen too many or really heard of guys getting 10k off. 6-7500 off seems to be about average. I was surprised they weren't willing to come down more but they know the demand for the rebel.

Blee2221

Reaction score
Im sure the area makes a difference. I know I talked to the dealerships finance guy the other day and he said they would check out the incentives for this month as well for me. Although im not expecting much if any discount. If there is then ill be surprised. You might try getting a few more dealers involved. That could help you out. Dealers also have quota to get to at the end of the month and at times will have a decent incentive. Its only three weeks away if you can wait that long. To be honest I haven't seen too many or really heard of guys getting 10k off. 6-7500 off seems to be about average. I was surprised they weren't willing to come down more but they know the demand for the rebel.

I’m surprised as well that they wouldn’t come down more. Especially after giving me another quote on another rebel 12 that is $1000 more and giving me $7300 off in total that was at another dealership as well but they sold it bwfore we could tade with them.

edgarrian

Reaction score
I’m surprised as well that they wouldn’t come down more. Especially after giving me another quote on another rebel 12 that is $1000 more and giving me $7300 off in total that was at another dealership as well but they sold it bwfore we could tade with them.

Bummer man!! Well keep us posted about your dealings and good luck

Blee2221

Reaction score
Bummer man!! Well keep us posted about your dealings and good luck

Just got back from the dealership. Looks like I’ll be a new owner of a rebel 12 by the end of the week. Msrp of 61,300. Got it for $59,750 OTD. About $4,400 in dealer discount and $2500 in rebates. They are getting it from another dealer.

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^. Great to hear, are you from North or South Jersey ?

PorBoy

Reaction score
Lol that doesn’t exist when you talk with people. Have you seen a lot of 2019 on the road by you ?

Blee2221

Reaction score
Lol that doesn’t exist when you talk with people. Have you seen a lot of 2019 on the road by you ?

Lol. I know.

And not a whole lot. A few here and there. Have not seen a 19 rebel on the road yet by me at all. I previously had a 18 Raptor that was a lemon last May, and now everyone and their mothers has a gen 2 raptor by me.

edgarrian

Reaction score
I just saw a new rebel about 3 or 4 miles down the same road we live on. I was surprised. It was black

Users who are viewing this thread