5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchased a Rebel last night

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s great as now you’ll have someone close to compare notes with. :)

edgarrian

Reaction score
Gang I arrived in bismarck ND yesterday (2/5/19). Story is I live in Indiana but work in North Dakota. I put down 500 over the phone to commit to buying the truck. It was suppose to be ready when I arrived tuesday afternoon. Well it wasn't at the dealer due to bad weather. It was in transit. So I used that to get the extended warranty for 1000 dollars and they threw in molded mud flaps and 4 free oil changes. They were trying to sell me the 3 years for oil changes, and free replacement of key fob for 560 dollars I believe. Not worth it in my mind. I also noticed that when they are talking about extended warranties everything was in a per day charge so the extended warranty was 2.48/day for 48 months or something like that. I said all this needs to show how much total cost is. I told them I understand its much easier to sell when its broke down in dollars and cents like this but the bigger picture needs to be represented for me. He talked to his gm and instead of at first lowering the cost of the warranty he simply came back with a lesser warranty that was obviously cheaper. I said go back to the GM or tell him to come here. The truck is not here and Im not paying that much for extra warranty. So he came in and he was younger. Probably 30 years old. I said look im not upset the truck isn't here. I understand **** happens with weather but Im not here to play games with purchasing an extended warranty. I said either you can sell it for next to nothing or Im not going to get it. So he came down to that price. He again tried to push the oil change agreement and I said its not worth it.

We laughed and I had fun as I enjoy the bantering. Even the fiancee guy would say aww yeah man im ****in with you if can get a better deal then good for you. So it was a relaxed negotiation. My wife hates it and im sure most people pay for those warranties straight up simply bc the see how much it is a day but they don't put that into perspective. I did try to hit him up on some side steps but he wasn't budging on that. I asked how about a 20 percent discount and he just shook his head like what the hell else does this guy want. So they agreed to that as well when ever I get ready to pick them out and get them installed.

Anyway they are suppose to bring my truck to Killdeer ND today or tomorrow to swap trucks. ITs about a 2.5 hour drive for them. I work from 4am to 4pm. I was looking forward to driving it here but that didn't happen. Anyway the experience was a good one. However I do have to fill out a survey for the salesman. I told them that we purchased a new mazda last year and didn't have to do that. And when I purchased my tundra there was no survey so I used that against them as well. Its more work for me. Thats when I got the 4 free oil changes.

Good times

Blee2221

Reaction score
Gang I arrived in bismarck ND yesterday (2/5/19). Story is I live in Indiana but work in North Dakota. I put down 500 over the phone to commit to buying the truck. It was suppose to be ready when I arrived tuesday afternoon. Well it wasn't at the dealer due to bad weather. It was in transit. So I used that to get the extended warranty for 1000 dollars and they threw in molded mud flaps and 4 free oil changes. They were trying to sell me the 3 years for oil changes, and free replacement of key fob for 560 dollars I believe. Not worth it in my mind. I also noticed that when they are talking about extended warranties everything was in a per day charge so the extended warranty was 2.48/day for 48 months or something like that. I said all this needs to show how much total cost is. I told them I understand its much easier to sell when its broke down in dollars and cents like this but the bigger picture needs to be represented for me. He talked to his gm and instead of at first lowering the cost of the warranty he simply came back with a lesser warranty that was obviously cheaper. I said go back to the GM or tell him to come here. The truck is not here and Im not paying that much for extra warranty. So he came in and he was younger. Probably 30 years old. I said look im not upset the truck isn't here. I understand **** happens with weather but Im not here to play games with purchasing an extended warranty. I said either you can sell it for next to nothing or Im not going to get it. So he came down to that price. He again tried to push the oil change agreement and I said its not worth it.

We laughed and I had fun as I enjoy the bantering. Even the fiancee guy would say aww yeah man im ****in with you if can get a better deal then good for you. So it was a relaxed negotiation. My wife hates it and im sure most people pay for those warranties straight up simply bc the see how much it is a day but they don't put that into perspective. I did try to hit him up on some side steps but he wasn't budging on that. I asked how about a 20 percent discount and he just shook his head like what the hell else does this guy want. So they agreed to that as well when ever I get ready to pick them out and get them installed.

Anyway they are suppose to bring my truck to Killdeer ND today or tomorrow to swap trucks. ITs about a 2.5 hour drive for them. I work from 4am to 4pm. I was looking forward to driving it here but that didn't happen. Anyway the experience was a good one. However I do have to fill out a survey for the salesman. I told them that we purchased a new mazda last year and didn't have to do that. And when I purchased my tundra there was no survey so I used that against them as well. Its more work for me. Thats when I got the 4 free oil changes.

Good times

Congrats! What did you end up getting?

edgarrian

Reaction score
Congrats! What did you end up getting?

I ended up getting the Maximum steel, 5.7, Crew Cab, Block Heater, 9 speakers, 12 inch display, trailer brake control, level 2 equipment package

edgarrian

Reaction score
Well guys after a few weeks I finally got it yesterday. They had to drive it 150 miles to me so we could swap trucks. Oddly the salesman forgot to put the paper plate in my truck so I had him email it to me so i had something. Then they forgot to put the molded mud flaps on the truck as that was part of the deal. Ill be making the call today to see about having them getting those installed. Probably have some side steps installed at the time.

The pic with the headlights on was taken at -30. Remote start is nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0620.JPG
    IMG_0620.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2684.JPG
    IMG_2684.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4284.JPG
    IMG_4284.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 38

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any dealer can sell you the FCA warranty. Ziegler happens to be one that sells them for barely over their cost. They make their money on volume. You can buy it online or call them. If you pay it in full you get even more of a discount. I think the code is PAYINFULL but I’m not sure. You can call them and ask. I have used them several times. You choose your number of years, mileage, and deductible and it will show you the price. You can also cancel it within like 30 days (?) if you change your mind.

Users who are viewing this thread