5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar on a 2020+

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does anyone who has the Pulsar also have a Tazer DT installed? I see that they use some of the same buttons for program access, wondering if there are any conflicts

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So is the general census here that this product is a good buy? It seems like a great no hassle tuner for the PCM but the negative stories have me a bit concerned. (For a 2020 eTorque btw)

redneck

Reaction score
yeah i agree these trucks have enough problems with out adding a glitchy aftermarket device

D52670

Reaction score
I just bought one for my 2021 Ram 1500 5.7 e/torque. Install was a breeze. I drove it around the Block a few times and cycled it through the tunes, they all seemed to work great. I went home and parked my truck. About an hour later I went to the store. I made it about 3 blocks before my dash lit up like a Christmas tree and the truck went into a limp in mode. Wouldn’t go over 20. I pulled over, turned it off and on and it set the tune back to stock. It seem to work fine although I have an engine light on now.... not impressed for $500. After reading a lot of reviews here on the forum it seems to be pretty normal. This thing is fickle. I’m going to return it. I was really hoping it would be a clean, no issue addition.
Update... engine light went off after a few miles. I now have 500 miles with the tunner and no issues. Everything works.

DONZILLA

Reaction score
With the pedal Commander I can change how touchy I want it. It seems the pedal Commander has a lot more options. Thank you for giving back to me!!

DONZILLA

Reaction score
yeah i agree these trucks have enough problems with out adding a glitchy aftermarket device
pedal Commander is easy to put on and to take off for service totally change the Dynamics of the truck should have been the first month I made.

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Does anyone who has the Pulsar also have a Tazer DT installed? I see that they use some of the same buttons for program access, wondering if there are any conflicts
I have Tazer DT, pedal commander and pulsar. The button controls are different, I have no issues with using any of them.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Ordered my Pulsar, with any luck I'll be installing in a few days

HemiDude

Reaction score
Installed the Pulsar today, really like it so far. Performance+MDS OFF mode is exactly what I was hoping for, plus a little more: Response and trans shifting at part throttle is vastly improved, and truck gets to 80mph pretty quickly. Also, cruising around in 8th gear no longer bothers me - before the install I felt like the truck in 7th and 8th just lugged unless it was on the freeway, not a concern now.

D52670

Reaction score
Update... engine light went off after a few miles. I now have 500 miles with the tunner and no issues. Everything works.
Update #2

I am now at 2500 miles and haven’t had an issue. I find that tow mode is a happy medium between. Stock and performance. I haven’t driven the last 1k miles in tow mode. Performance mode is cool, but it’s almost to much torque off the line. I’m constantly spinning my tires.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Update #2

I am now at 2500 miles and haven’t had an issue. I find that tow mode is a happy medium between. Stock and performance. I haven’t driven the last 1k miles in tow mode. Performance mode is cool, but it’s almost to much torque off the line. I’m constantly spinning my tires.
I think if I still had my stock tires and wheels on I would be experiencing the same "problem". With the heavier setup, and the fact that the taller tires reduced my gear ratio a little, this Pulsar is just what the doctor ordered

Last edited:

CMil527

Reaction score
HMMM I MAY HAVE TO CONSIDER THIS, SEEMS THE BUGS MAY HAVE BEEN WORKED OUT!

HemiDude

Reaction score
HMMM I MAY HAVE TO CONSIDER THIS, SEEMS THE BUGS MAY HAVE BEEN WORKED OUT!
Hopefully they have. I haven't had any problems, though it has only been installed a short time. I will add: Like any other change to the electronics in these Rams, I approached the install with patience. After I reconnected the battery, I went right into cleaning my tools and putting them away, washed up, etc. I didn't even attempt to start the truck for close to an hour. At startup, no codes, no lights, no waiting for the the other systems to come online. It may or may not have made a difference, but it certainly didn't hurt.

D52670

Reaction score
I think if I still had my stock tires and wheels on I would be experiencing the same "problem". With the heavier setup, and the fact that the taller tires reduced my gear ratio a little, this Pulsar is just what the doctor ordered
I have 35x12.5x22 on my truck. Performance mode will smoke my tires off the line if I am not careful. Lol I love this thing

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
About 1000 miles so far with the pulsar and no issues. Don't get it for economy savings, it doesn't do anything other than lighter throttle response it seems. Performance mode is very nice though.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Pulsar has a canned tune, nothing potent but really makes the truck feel like it should have from the factory. Also gives you the ability to change some settings (tire size, gear ratio, turn off mds, etc).
Does not require anything other than what comes in the package. It piggybacks your pcm, so you can remove it any time and return it to stock.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Anything that levels the playing field, or tilts it our way, is a good thing! My wife drove mine the other day for the first time since I installed the Pulsar. She said it ran "ok", but the big**s grin on her face told a different story 😆

Jeeper

Reaction score
With the pedal Commander I can change how touchy I want it. It seems the pedal Commander has a lot more options. Thank you for giving back to me!!
what is the part number for the PC for 2021 Rams with 5.7?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread