5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pros and Cons of e-tourque?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No different than buying a truck with the led package. If those lights go out it’s thousands to replace them with Oem units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Replacement costs similar but LEDS have aesthetics, visibility and safety particularly for older drivers.

Jprec8it

Reaction score
Etorque main focus is not mileage. Take away idle time, extend eco mode, push off stop and help push rpms to efficient lvl. Seamless start stop. Sure some savings in fuel. Time will tell. It is also to hype/pump the new model year and add manufacture points for cafe/epa.

It is to extend the life of the power train and truck around it. Takes work off brakes. Removes slipping of clutches on shifts. Removes drive train shock. To name a few. Again time will tell.
My impressions so far is I’m happy with the truck and lucky I haven’t run into issues at this time. I do feel extended eco even up upgrade of hills. Start stop is impressive. Shifts are not of notice. What I would say playful when driving still float around 17mpg combined highway and street.
If you feel uncomfortable about it then don’t get it.
As much as peeps, even I don’t want to hear it. Electric motion incorporated with Internal Combustion Engine is part of the quick future. Maybe time to jump on board.:geek: Unless hydrogen or another fuel alternative is to make a huge jump back in there is no other choice.
This does seem we are doing this over and over :giggle:
Looking at your signature…. The off road package comes in a 3.21 gear ratio? I thought that package was only avail with 3.92.
I have the same set up with 3.92, drive easy, and average 18.3 mpg - for what it’s worth. My e torque too, is seamless. Love this truck!!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking at your signature…. The off road package comes in a 3.21 gear ratio? I thought that package was only avail with 3.92.
I have the same set up with 3.92, drive easy, and average 18.3 mpg - for what it’s worth. My e torque too, is seamless. Love this truck!!
The offroad package is available with the 3.21 gears. It does only come with the locker not limited slip.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Replacement costs similar but LEDS have aesthetics, visibility and safety particularly for older drivers.

It's not like the eTorque system is just a brick Ram stuffed into these trucks.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I passed on the G/T package because it required the eTorque. I would have much preferred the console shifter and ventilated seats, but after test driving the eTorque, it just wasn’t for me. IMO, gas mileage and a V8 1/2 ton 4x4 on 33’s don’t belong in the same sentence. If gas mileage is really a concern, the diesel would be the only way to go.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I passed on the G/T package because it required the eTorque. I would have much preferred the console shifter and ventilated seats, but after test driving the eTorque, it just wasn’t for me. IMO, gas mileage and a V8 1/2 ton 4x4 on 33’s don’t belong in the same sentence. If gas mileage is really a concern, the diesel would be the only way to go.
20220306_152352.jpg

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody drives like that. UConnect 5 is using some kind of fuzzy math algorithm to come up with those numbers. 😆
q5g3w.jpg

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I ever get 28.2 mpg in my truck, I’m going to let somebody else start driving. :ROFLMAO:
My other car gets 13mpg and is a lot more fun to drive than a 5700 lb pickup. :cool:

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased this truck under the assumption it would perform like my 2021. You are correct I am complaining and took my truck to the dealership who said it is fine. As you stated yours works correct meaning mine is not fine. If it bothers you I am speaking my mind don’t read it. Have a nice day
I can tell you I had a 19 lemon and I’ve been accused of complaining a lot on here, however I will say my 19 shut off a lot more then my 21 does same temp same everything , it’s strange????

MontFla

Reaction score
I can tell you I had a 19 lemon and I’ve been accused of complaining a lot on here, however I will say my 19 shut off a lot more then my 21 does same temp same everything , it’s strange????
Thanks for the info. It does not bother me being accused of complaining. I thought this was a exchange of experiences? But I guess some of the people always on here have no life and nothing better to do lol! I wonder if they sleep in their truck?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It does not bother me being accused of complaining. I thought this was a exchange of experiences? But I guess some of the people always on here have no life and nothing better to do lol! I wonder if they sleep in their truck?
You know, some of us get paid while we're posting here.

Users who are viewing this thread