5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pricing Released!

D

Deleted member103

"To steep for my blood," yes indeed, I truly am disheartened - or should I be dumbfounded or disgruntled ? I was literally nearly born in a 1949-Chrysler/Dodge (?) - not sure exactly as I was too young to remember . . .
icon_lol.gif
. . . just recalling what dear Mom used to say throughout my "childhood" days !
What's an "old" fixed income retired Navy guy to do ? I know, gonna start a neighborhood garbage/dumpster Aluminum Can gathering Project - titled 'Lou's Tariffs for Truck' !
icon_rolleyes.gif

1f604.png
! Could be worth a small fortune by the time the "War" is Over !? Second thought I learned in school, that there are NO Winners in Wars !
Sadly I found myself (yesterday, after seeing the Tradesman Reveal) building UP a Tradesman best I could to be like the 4X4 off road Big Horn ! Won't know for another week+ on THAT $$$ ! But, the "T" just isn't sitting well in the pit of my stomach - think it has something to do with the limited Interior colors or the bumpers, or the lack of fog lights or . . . time will tell !? Heck if I could sleep soundly through Hurricane Seas in a tiny bunk on 2.5 inch foam amongst 60 of my "closest" compadres I should be able to sleep in the back of my Jeep G.C. after all !? Begrudgingly !
1f634.png

1f914.png

1f609.png

D

Deleted member 85

I gotta ask, due to some of the responses to pricing...

Did people think this truck would be cheaper than the outgoing, ten year old DS Ram 1500?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
"To steep for my blood," yes indeed, I truly am disheartened - or should I be dumbfounded or disgruntled ? I was literally nearly born in a 1949-Chrysler/Dodge (?) - not sure exactly as I was too young to remember . . .
icon_lol.gif
. . . just recalling what dear Mom used to say throughout my "childhood" days !
What's an "old" fixed income retired Navy guy to do ? I know, gonna start a neighborhood garbage/dumpster Aluminum Can gathering Project - titled 'Lou's Tariffs for Truck' !
icon_rolleyes.gif

1f604.png
! Could be worth a small fortune by the time the "War" is Over !? Second thought I learned in school, that there are NO Winners in Wars !
Sadly I found myself (yesterday, after seeing the Tradesman Reveal) building UP a Tradesman best I could to be like the 4X4 off road Big Horn ! Won't know for another week+ on THAT $$$ ! But, the "T" just isn't sitting well in the pit of my stomach - think it has something to do with the limited Interior colors or the bumpers, or the lack of fog lights or . . . time will tell !? Heck if I could sleep soundly through Hurricane Seas in a tiny bunk on 2.5 inch foam amongst 60 of my "closest" compadres I should be able to sleep in the back of my Jeep G.C. after all !? Begrudgingly !
1f634.png

1f914.png

1f609.png
Could always do a Tradesman with the Monochrome or the Chrome package. I generally don't like the looks of lower trim trucks too much but the Tradesman Monochrome doesn't look too bad to me. With the Chrome package it also looks like an entry level Big Horn.

Tradesman with Chrome Package

Tradesman with Monochrome package

I do believe that you can get the fog lights on the Tradesman with Chrome package as well. Although they are incandescent not LED like the higher trims.

khoward2001

Reaction score
I surely didn't think it was going to be cheaper by any means and I feel they came in right on point with pricing. My gripe is the packaging options. Just wish there was a way to purchase the upgraded radio without having to fork out an additional 4400. I don't need all the other bells and whistles so to pay 4400 for a screen doesn't make sense. Thats all I was eluding to.

D

Deleted member 85

khoward2001 said:
I surely didn't think it was going to be cheaper by any means and I feel they came in right on point with pricing. My gripe is the packaging options. Just wish there was a way to purchase the upgraded radio without having to fork out an additional 4400. I don't need all the other bells and whistles so to pay 4400 for a screen doesn't make sense. Thats all I was eluding to.
I wasn't singling anyone in particular out, as the comments reach far beyond our forum. I'm not a fan of packages either, however I know there is internal reasons as to why FCA likes packaging things together.

The screen, from Ralph's comments at NAIAS, sounds like will trickle down all the way to Big Horn eventually. Whether it's a $4400 option USD then or not I don't know.

khoward2001

Reaction score
I didn't think you were singling me out. Sorry if it came across that way. Just voicing my gripes about the package options and just wanting that damn 12 inch Uconnect so bad haha. Luckily for me I only do 2 years leases so maybe by the time i turn it in they will make those changes, so I can finally get that screen lol

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
khoward2001 said:
I didn't think you were singling me out. Sorry if it came across that way. Just voicing my gripes about the package options and just wanting that damn 12 inch Uconnect so bad haha. Luckily for me I only do 2 years leases so maybe by the time i turn it in they will make those changes, so I can finally get that screen lol
Im with you on that, I want the 12 inch screen in a bad way, bit I have a feeling a Laramie with Level 2 package, Sport package and the 12 inch screen will be in Laramie Limited territory price wise.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's pretty annoying that pricing has been officially released, yet the Ram website which says "build and PRICE" still does not have any prices. WTF?

D

Deleted member103

BobbiBigWheels said:
I wasn't singling anyone in particular out, as the comments reach far beyond our forum. I'm not a fan of packages either, however I know there is internal reasons as to why FCA likes packaging things together.

The screen, from Ralph's comments at NAIAS, sounds like will trickle down all the way to Big Horn eventually. Whether it's a $4400 option USD then or not I don't know.
HA, "Trickle-Down," . . . Eventually, yea sure just like 'Trickle-Down Economics" !? NEVER WORKED.
But, if Ralph "said it," then maybe there could be HOPE . . . but the eventually part leaves a Sour Taste in my mouth . . . That eventually (for me) needs to be Before the end of 2018 - I ain't getting' any younger, Ralphie !
263a.png

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
Could always do a Tradesman with the Monochrome or the Chrome package. I generally don't like the looks of lower trim trucks too much but the Tradesman Monochrome doesn't look too bad to me. With the Chrome package it also looks like an entry level Big Horn.

Tradesman with Chrome Package

Tradesman with Monochrome package

I do believe that you can get the fog lights on the Tradesman with Chrome package as well. Although they are incandescent not LED like the higher trims.
Hey JARED, thanks for looking out for me. I didn't see the LED lighting options anywhere for the Tradesman when I was building & rebuilding versions of it ! ? And the Interior seating/colors/cloth choices practically nonexistent ! One thing that I didn't care much for on the old 2003 was the regular halogen lighting ( I had fogs too) - they basically reeked - especially when off the beaten path "in the woods" ! Again, like I mentioned, that monochrome (I had the "sport Package in metallic gray on the 2003) is the look I prefer - but again, in the Big Horn version I don't believe it is a stand alone item ? Not sure on that, been a whole 3 days since I re-rebuilt a DT, ha !
(see attachment)

Attachments

• P1000158.JPG
    P1000158.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 151

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Hey JARED, thanks for looking out for me. I didn't see the LED lighting options anywhere for the Tradesman when I was building & rebuilding versions of it ! ? And the Interior seating/colors/cloth choices practically nonexistent ! One thing that I didn't care much for on the old 2003 was the regular halogen lighting ( I had fogs too) - they basically reeked - especially when off the beaten path "in the woods" ! Again, like I mentioned, that monochrome (I had the "sport Package in metallic gray on the 2003) is the look I prefer - but again, in the Big Horn version I don't believe it is a stand alone item ? Not sure on that, been a whole 3 days since I re-rebuilt a DT, ha !
(see attachment)
LED doesn't become available until the Big Horn, there is a Big Horn "Sport" version as well. The nice thing about the Big Horn is that it opens up a lot of options packages, you can build a really nice truck out of a Big Horn. The issue with the build and price is not everything is on there yet, hopefully it will be better on the 14th when they add pricing to it. Here's a photo of a Big Horn "Sport".

(see attachment)(see attachment)

Attachments

• IMG_20180225_061427_162.jpg
    IMG_20180225_061427_162.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20180309_121428_961.jpg
    IMG_20180309_121428_961.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 147

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pricing is live on the build website

For a fully loaded limited
-
-
MSRP*
$56,195
$56,195
Added Options
$9,245
$9,245
Destination Charges
$1,645
$1,645

-
-
Estimated Selling Price
$67,085
-
Estimated Capitalized Costs
-
$67,085

J

jimh4662@

just ordered Laramie longhorn. Level 1 package, advanced safety group, 33 gal gas tank, anti spin dif, trailer break control, leather buckets, $62,685.00.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Now we just have to wait 12 months for the Canadian website to be updated.
2639.png
icon_lol.gif

anthonysnell

Reaction score
To give you an approximate idea multiply your US build by 1.25 to get the Canadian Price. That's the exchange that's been used by Ram on the released Canadian Price by model and I'm sure it will be close with the options added in.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/172-pricing-released/&postID=986#post986" data-author="anthonysnell">To give you an approximate idea multiply your US build by 1.25 to get the Canadian Price. That's the exchange that's been used by Ram on the released Canadian Price by model and I'm sure it will be close with the options added in.</woltlab-quote>Yes that's what I did and went on line and compared the 2018 prices for some of the options.

khoward2001

Reaction score
jimh4662@ said:
just ordered Laramie longhorn. Level 1 package, advanced safety group, 33 gal gas tank, anti spin dif, trailer break control, leather buckets, $62,685.00.
Congrats! I'm sure that will be a beautiful truck. Did they give you a timeframe when to expect delivery?

D

Deleted member 85

2019REBEL said:
Now we just have to wait 12 months for the Canadian website to be updated.
2639.png
icon_lol.gif
Paste your build into this thread and I'll tell you exactly what the price is.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
2019REBEL said:
Yes that's what I did and went on line and compared the 2018 prices for some of the options.
I gotta admit, the Canadian website is a joke.

D

Deleted member 85

Jared Balfour said:
I gotta admit, the Canadian website is a joke.
Always. I use US Build & Price to show interior/colour/wheel combos at times due to the Canadian one using a stock image regardless of what options are applied.

Users who are viewing this thread