5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Gmolah

Reaction score
2019 1500 classic Tradesmen SXT package

MSRP $41,410
-$4,500 rebate from Ram
-$3,500 Tradein on 2008 dodge chrager
-$1,000 additional negotiated at dealer
+ gap ins, and Paint protection
=$32,772.93 With them giving me running boards for Free.

Richmond Va, Jan, 31 2019(notice the last day of the month, they called me to come in and I made sure they paid for that.)

Jpaul305

Reaction score
Try University Dodge in Davie. They have the best prices.

Has anyone purchased Laramie, Limited or Bighorn in South FL? I have so far been to Arrigo in Tamarac and I spoke to a few others.

I am considering ordering because I can't find one in inventory I like. Is anyone in South FL is getting the typical 16-18% Limited, 20-23% Laramie and 28-30% Bighorn off MSRP I keep reading about on this forum?

Jenks

Reaction score
Any dealers that are selling at deep discounts within 4 hours drive of sacramento area? My zip is 95945. Having a hard time getting a good deal.

MDBumblebee

Reaction score
Going to inspect this beast today.
Big Horn Sport
Delmonico
ORG
Prem LED Grp
Lvl 2 equip pkg
TBC
Deluxe Cloth bucket
33 gal tank
Blind spot monitor
8.4 w/NAV

MSRP $52,995 including $1695 freight
$42880 w/qualifying rebates (PenFed, Military, Consumer & bonus cash - I haven't seen the exact breakdown yet)
$3584 Tax, title, dealer doc
OTD: $46464
Looks like a shade over 19% off MSRP before TTL.

Last edited:

racer3207

Reaction score
Looking at ordering a Laramie 4x4 with an MSRP of $55,970 including destination. My Employee Pricing should get me 5% off invoice, which would be $49,037 including destination. Looks like $4750 in rebates right now, which puts me at $44,287 + tax, title, licensing fees. That's about 21% off MSRP with the discount + rebates. I understand it's either EP pricing or dealer discount, not both. Does anyone have any thoughts if it's likely possible to get a better deal than this? Southeast Michigan, don't mind traveling a bit.

pinkerton

Reaction score
Nothing you are saying makes the slightest bit of sense.

Rebates and regional offers are two separate things. If you have multiple addresses and can pick and choose which one to use as your registration location to get better regional offers that is still no help to anybody else.

Are you retarded? I was trying to make the point that INCENTIVES, DISCOUNTS and REBATES are different things and that they are determined by the DEALER, the BUYER and the TRIM level and if you don't understand the differences between those things, you can't compare apples to apples. Yes, you can get bigger incentives on lower trims and it might actually be worth it to up-option a lower level trim than to buy a higher level trim. On the other hand, the higher level trims have more dealer profit built into them and as a result, you can get larger dealer discounts..

You're talking about owning multiple pieces of property in multiple states so you can get a different regional rebate. How is that helpful to 95% of the people here trying to decide what is or isn't a good price for their new 1500? And even then, what is the regional rebate going to be? $500? and again, back to my original point - REBATES are specific to the BUYER. You might think you're fancy because you registered your truck in OK instead of TX and got an extra $500 rebate, but I'm a USAA member so I get an extra $1000 rebate and I don't have to play those games.

So, go stuff it. You really seem like a prick. Some of us are just here to try and help.

In this forum, we prefer the term "mentally challenged"

Rambro23

Reaction score
Any dealers that are selling at deep discounts within 4 hours drive of sacramento area? My zip is 95945. Having a hard time getting a good deal.

Get TRUE Car price from Hanlees in Davis and ask for Jorge. Tell him Joe referred you for a great deal!

Cowboys33

Reaction score
Looking for a 2019 Laramie Longhorn fully loaded white pearl-coat. What's the lowest price I such paid for one OTD for Fredericksburg Va 22407

oldhabits

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks for this thread, it was very helpful. I just picked up a 2019 Big Horn Sport Crew Cab 4x4. MSRP $52,455, paid $39,125 OTD. Still not sure if it was a great deal but it's one I can live with. Thanks

cmhrva

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks for this thread, it was very helpful. I just picked up a 2019 Big Horn Sport Crew Cab 4x4. MSRP $52,455, paid $39,125 OTD. Still not sure if it was a great deal but it's one I can live with. Thanks
Sounds like a solid deal. What part of the country are you in?

RebelRam2019

Reaction score
A few members have mentioned the desire to have a price paid thread so I decided to do one and pin it here so it will be easy for everyone to find.

I think the best way to make this thread is as follows:
MSRP of the specific truck
What Rebates and incentives were applied and $ amounts
Any further negotiations
Final price

Please do not include trade in values, taxes, OTD price or anything like that as those are all variable depending on where you live etc. Rebates and incentives are also regional so also please post up where you purchased the truck and when.

Example:

2016 Ram 1500 Sport

MSRP $64,440
-$10,000 rebate from Ram
-$1000 skilled trades rebate
-$3940 additional negotiated at dealer
=$49,500 paid

Vancouver. B.C August 2016

I apologize, I forgot all of the individual rebates, but a big part of my discounts were negotiated with the dealer directly.

2019 Ram Rebel Crew w/ 5.7 Hemi

MSRP: $ 60,995
Paid: $ 46,795
This was invoice, less holdback, less $2000.

Virginia January 2019

Jenks

Reaction score
I apologize, I forgot all of the individual rebates, but a big part of my discounts were negotiated with the dealer directly.

2019 Ram Rebel Crew w/ 5.7 Hemi

MSRP: $ 60,995
Paid: $ 46,795
This was invoice, less holdback, less $2000.

Virginia January 2019

Wow great deal!

corlun

Reaction score
Wanted to get some opinions on a deal I'm negotiating in Florida:

Limited 4x4 5.7L etorque (placing order)
33 gal
level 1 grp
anti spin rear axle
22" wheels
Sunroof
Trailer brake control

MSRP: $68,500

Current rebates: $1,250 + $1000 USAA. Dealer won't budge past $8,250 dealer discount. Should I look elsewhere, negotiate a couple oil changes with the deal, or just place the order?

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

33 gal
level 1 grp
anti spin rear axle
22" wheels
Sunroof
Trailer brake control

Current rebates: $1,250 + $1000 USAA. Dealer won't budge past $8,250 dealer discount. Should I look elsewhere, negotiate a couple oil changes with the deal, or just place the order?
Go somewhere else

Hutch8

Reaction score
2019 Laramie Sport Crew Cab 4x4: Sticker/MSRP- $53,805 Paid- $45,429 including tax.
Delmonico Red
Prefer Package 25H
Level 1 Equipment Group
Anti-Spin Differential
5.7 Liter V8

SouthFL

Reaction score

33 gal
level 1 grp
anti spin rear axle
22" wheels
Sunroof
Trailer brake control

That deal sounds average. I haven't purchased a truck yet, but I am in South FL and I am looking around. I'm considering ordering either a loaded up Laramie or Limited with an eTorque Hemi. I just test drove an eTorque Limited and I liked how it squealed the tires from a start. Just feels nicer. Not sure what your situation is, but I have the luxury of wanting, but not needing, to buy a truck right now. For a Limited I would personally hold out for the coveted 18% or more off MSRP. I can't say if that is doable in this market. I just stopped by University Dodge and they quoted me not even %14 off MSRP on a higher optioned Laramie, but only if I did Chrysler financing! We are light years away from where I will feel good buying a Laramie, which is in the 20-23% off MSRP range, based on posts in this forum. Maybe the FL market is different than Texas, but is it really 9% of MSRP different!

I can tell this is going to take some time and I haven't even gotten to my two trade-ins. It is also early in the month. A senior sales manager at one dealership texted me and said: "wait until we get closer to the end of the month". I never know what to believe, but I'm happy to wait to get a better price. I did see a half dozen sales guys standing around both today and yesterday and I didn't see a ton of people inside signing contracts. I think this was just the initial BS offer to gauge my interest. I wasn't very interested.

Anyway, keep me posted and I'll do the same. Thanks.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
That deal sounds average. I haven't purchased a truck yet, but I am in South FL and I am looking around. I'm considering ordering either a loaded up Laramie or Limited with an eTorque Hemi. I just test drove an eTorque Limited and I liked how it squealed the tires from a start. Just feels nicer. Not sure what your situation is, but I have the luxury of wanting, but not needing, to buy a truck right now. For a Limited I would personally hold out for the coveted 18% or more off MSRP. I can't say if that is doable in this market. I just stopped by University Dodge and they quoted me not even %14 off MSRP on a higher optioned Laramie, but only if I did Chrysler financing! We are light years away from where I will feel good buying a Laramie, which is in the 20-23% off MSRP range, based on posts in this forum. Maybe the FL market is different than Texas, but is it really 9% of MSRP different!

I can tell this is going to take some time and I haven't even gotten to my two trade-ins. It is also early in the month. A senior sales manager at one dealership texted me and said: "wait until we get closer to the end of the month". I never know what to believe, but I'm happy to wait to get a better price. I did see a half dozen sales guys standing around both today and yesterday and I didn't see a ton of people inside signing contracts. I think this was just the initial BS offer to gauge my interest. I wasn't very interested.

Anyway, keep me posted and I'll do the same. Thanks.

For Florida, go to this dealer in Tampa. You'll get a good deal from them: www.jerryulm.com

Users who are viewing this thread