5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know, I think some people do over pay by thousands.

For example, someone bought a used limited here for close to 58k. I know because I tried to buy it. They wouldn’t budge. He kept saying it cost 64k new. (Window sticker was 62.5k)

They had 500 dollar dealer discounts on new trucks. He told me the deal I got was a lie (prior to me buying this truck). I also ended up paying 1k less than the deal I had showed him.

I also showed him a 63k dollar limited I could get for 53k within an hours drive. Again he said it was a lie.

Someone bought it days later. They got DESTROYED imo.

Bad dealers exist and people pay these prices.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MSRP: $57,700
Final: $45,928

Ordered on 12/17 with $1000 down and marked as sold to lock the price. Dealer says if rebates are better when it arrives they will honor new numbers. I'm hoping it arrives last day of Feb. If rebates aren't better I'll let it sit and see if March can save me more money.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

I didn’t think they locked rebates on orders? They have always told me that I have to take the ones when it arrives. This Ive heard from 6-8 ram dealers in the past on pre 19 models?

I know ford will let you do it.

tgtt

Reaction score
I didn’t think they locked rebates on orders? They have always told me that I have to take the ones when it arrives. This Ive heard from 6-8 ram dealers in the past on pre 19 models?

That's what they told me initially. I said why would I order a truck without knowing how much it would cost. They assured me it wouldn't be much different but I didn't budge. They then said if I wanted to put money down they'd lock that price and the only change would be if I saved more with active rebates the month it showed up. I have the price agreed on and 2 signatures on the order form.

jonesy

Reaction score

Same for me, that's all I heard from every Ram dealer I spoke with, and same with every other brand I've ever ordered so I accepted it... nice job tgtt pulling that off.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what they told me initially. I said why would I order a truck without knowing how much it would cost. They assured me it wouldn't be much different but I didn't budge. They then said if I wanted to put money down they'd lock that price and the only change would be if I saved more with active rebates the month it showed up. I have the price agreed on and 2 signatures on the order form.

What model did you order ?

Aquitaine

Reaction score
Looks like February incentives on the Laramie trim are $2,750 cash back.

Never bought Ram (or any other FCA) before so the dealer is building our deal around that. Just curious if there are any "persistent" rebates I can chase independently to add on after they "settle" on something -- USAA, Uber, anything like that (or does that vary by dealer?)

cmhrva

Reaction score
The incentives in my area (Mid-Atlantic) on Big Horn just increased from $4250 to $5250 contingent on financing with FCA. Also the $1000 Penfed TrueCar incentive that expired Jan31st is back with a 1/2/20 expiration date.
I haven't been following the rebates very long, so how do these stack up?
GET UP TO
$5,250 Cash Allowance
ON SELECT 2019 RAM ALL-NEW RAM 1500 MODELS
  • Mid-Atlantic BC Retail Consumer Cash 35CK1 21
    $3,750
  • Mid-Atlantic Chrysler Capital 2019 Bonus MACK5 22
    $1,000
  • Mid-Atlantic 2019 Retail Bonus Cash MACKA1 21
    $500

Total Cash Allowance
$5,250

Last edited:

Joed

Reaction score
Anyone from southeast Michigan recently bought Ram 1500?
I tried a few dealers, they only offer $1500-$2000 max off(dealer price) excluding the rebates/incentives.

JeffK2019

Reaction score
I am trying to get creative to get a RAM after now striking out twice trying to order. Going back Feb 7th at dealer suggestion to see if anything changed (can't order ORG on Limited, etc..).

One of my local dealers pulled in a number of optioned out Longhorns. Puts the MSRP around $67k which is where my Limited build was going to be.

Longhorn .vs. Limited what are the differences other than different grill and interior?

This Longhorn for example has about everything I wanted, 20 inch wheels, eTorque, moon roof, larger gas tank, 360 camera, etc... My local dealers don't appear to be offering much in terms of major deals, this one after dealer discount and rebates is around $60,500.

Attachments

• Longhorn_67k_Sticker.jpg
    Longhorn_67k_Sticker.jpg
    936.1 KB · Views: 37

Mike67

Reaction score
Just came home today.
Wife's 2019 Ram 1500 Limited (That's my 2016 Prius in the background (Someone has to make up for the gas mileage)

MSRP $67,640
-$1,500 rebate from Ram (Really wish I could have gotten the 0% financing, not much of a rebate for Truck Month)
-$9,273 Dealer Discount
=$56,866 paid (16% off MSRP)
+TTL $4,133

If I had picked it up last week I could have had another $500 in Rebates and another .25% off in interest. Oh, well.
Also, since I used Friends and Family, they said the USAA Rebate wouldn't work, every we tried to select in the system, once FFP was selected, any USAA/Sam's, etc wasn't selectable.

20190204_161339 (1).jpg

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am trying to get creative to get a RAM after now striking out twice trying to order. Going back Feb 7th at dealer suggestion to see if anything changed (can't order ORG on Limited, etc..).

One of my local dealers pulled in a number of optioned out Longhorns. Puts the MSRP around $67k which is where my Limited build was going to be.

Longhorn .vs. Limited what are the differences other than different grill and interior?

This Longhorn for example has about everything I wanted, 20 inch wheels, eTorque, moon roof, larger gas tank, 360 camera, etc... My local dealers don't appear to be offering much in terms of major deals, this one after dealer discount and rebates is around $60,500.

What’s your zip code? And how far are you willing to travel for a deal? I’d be happy to look for a decent dealer near you that might help you out.

That 60.5k price seems to high unless you have a trade in this equation.

I tried a few dealers, they only offer $1500-$2000 max off(dealer price) excluding the rebates/incentives.

Same for you, what’s your zip and how far are you willing to go?

Last edited:

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought one at McInerneys in Woodhaven Mi the week before Christmas. They sold me a $66+K MSRP for $53K. Ask for Casey.

Joed

Reaction score
What’s your zip code? And how far are you willing to travel for a deal? I’d be happy to look for a decent dealer near you that might help you out.

That 60.5k price seems to high unless you have a trade in this equation.

Same for you, what’s your zip and how far are you willing to go?

Zip Code is 48044, looking within 100 mile radius but can go further if deal is great.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What was the dealer price before the rebates?
Your asking me something I did not care about. MSRP was 66750 and they told me they'd sell it to me for 53,000 even. That was their opening bid...negotiations were over immediately, I took it without hesitation. Just read your ZIP, you're only 56 min North of here. Call them. They have a black limited and Rebel on their lot that I can see from the road. Tons of other trucks around the lot. Again, ask for Casey. He was a no BS, straight the the bottom line salesman. And...he's been great post purchase.

damianex

Reaction score
Hello everyone, looking at buying my first Ram truck. Here is the Link to Window Sticker
Laramie 4X4 sports trim with MSRP of $55,465. Cheapest I could find around me was $42,500 before TTL fees. Any advice before I pull the trigger? Anything in particular to look for when kicking the tires? It is going to be driven about 240 miles to relocate it from Spring Tx to DFW.

Thanks!

Tlj 3

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2019 rebel quad cab base. Stickered for 47,895 paid 40,405 what made the deal was I traded my 18 trd off-road 4Runner in which I paid 36,000 for 4 months ago and they gave me 36000 trade!

Joed

Reaction score
Your asking me something I did not care about. MSRP was 66750 and they told me they'd sell it to me for 53,000 even. That was their opening bid...negotiations were over immediately, I took it without hesitation. Just read your ZIP, you're only 56 min North of here. Call them. They have a black limited and Rebel on their lot that I can see from the road. Tons of other trucks around the lot. Again, ask for Casey. He was a no BS, straight the the bottom line salesman. And...he's been great post purchase.
Thanks @HeliPilot , I'll contact them tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread