5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Deriggs007

Reaction score
sorry you don’t understand that each trim has its limits on discounts and you can’t walk in saying I want to ride my magic 18% off pony. 18% off a bighorn is a terrible deal. 18% off a longhorn is about as good as it gets. It’s that simple.

No one said 18% was great or bad, my "18%" I mentioned was for the previous user's question based on the vehicle they were looking for, in the region they were looking for with the dealer options they were getting. If someone is asking if 18% off of a laramie is a decent deal, then it's quite simple to come to the conclusion if it is or isn't based off of over 300 answers in this thread with the same vehicle.

My post was only correcting you that an incentive and a rebate are different. You originally stated that rebates don't carry from trim to trim, and that's false. Incentives DO NOT, but rebates DO. They are different but do the same thing and that is decrease the price of what you're buying. It doesn't matter if it's a vehicle or your cable bill. You can get a $50 rebate because you're military, but they may give you an incentive of $99.99 a month for the first 3 months.

This is no different when purchasing a vehicle and I want to make sure that we don't get yahoo's like you wondering if their military rebate applies to a limited or just a tradesman, sorry if you can't also understand that. It also helps users browsing dealership websites that like to combine the dealer discount with the incentive + rebates and give bait tactics asking if the price is good or not as they're factoring rebates/incentives/dealer discounts into one total ballpark price vs's what should be slashed off the top in dealer discounts instead.

The higher up on the trip you go, the higher the dealer discounts are typically. Eg $10K for Limited's/longhorns in my area vs's $6-8K on laramies.

By the way - in my area, if you don't get 16-18% off of a limited/longhorn - continue shopping ;)

davidn0021

Reaction score
No one said 18% was great or bad, my "18%" I mentioned was for the previous user's question based on the vehicle they were looking for, in the region they were looking for with the dealer options they were getting. If someone is asking if 18% off of a laramie is a decent deal, then it's quite simple to come to the conclusion if it is or isn't based off of over 300 answers in this thread with the same vehicle.

My post was only correcting you that an incentive and a rebate are different. You originally stated that rebates don't carry from trim to trim, and that's false. Incentives DO NOT, but rebates DO. They are different but do the same thing and that is decrease the price of what you're buying. It doesn't matter if it's a vehicle or your cable bill. You can get a $50 rebate because you're military, but they may give you an incentive of $99.99 a month for the first 3 months.

This is no different when purchasing a vehicle and I want to make sure that we don't get yahoo's like you wondering if their military rebate applies to a limited or just a tradesman, sorry if you can't also understand that. It also helps users browsing dealership websites that like to combine the dealer discount with the incentive + rebates and give bait tactics asking if the price is good or not as they're factoring rebates/incentives/dealer discounts into one total ballpark price vs's what should be slashed off the top in dealer discounts instead.

The higher up on the trip you go, the higher the dealer discounts are typically. Eg $10K for Limited's/longhorns in my area vs's $6-8K on laramies.

By the way - in my area, if you don't get 16-18% off of a limited/longhorn - continue shopping ;)

Depends where you're at geographically. Most, if not all Limited trims here are hardly discounted. I know, I only got ~10% off MSRP on my deal. Probably could've gotten better, but no one really had the truck w/ the options/config so I was at the mercy of the dealer.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Depends where you're at geographically. Most, if not all Limited trims here are hardly discounted. I know, I only got ~10% off MSRP on my deal. Probably could've gotten better, but no one really had the truck w/ the options/config so I was at the mercy of the dealer.

I understand. I was just clearing up the fact that I was assisting someone in search of the same areas I was, where we're all looking around at comparable dealerships. Never once mentioned across the united states and Canada you should see 18% ;). But in my area, I'll be lucky.

Anyways, I think I finally got the vehicle I want and sign tomorrow. They're putting me in a different truck until mine comes in and it'll be delivered straight to me which is cool.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
Has their site just not fully updated yet? I'm not seeing anything at all compelling in there.

I'm not seeing anything different than last month, same $1,250 cash incentive on the higher trims, 0% APR for 36 months is it. Same as before.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score

I don't know where you're located, but there are legit dealers advertising $66k Limiteds for $56-58k with just the Dealer Discount, with rebates and incentives pushing that number lower. Seems worth a plane ticket and a road trip if all you can get locally is 10% off MSRP of a high dollar Limited.

Cygnus A

Reaction score
Same. Was looking forward to truck month, but so far things didnt change for the better. My dealers price shot up this morning, then came back down, but are still higher than yesterday. $1000 truck owner rebate seems to be the delta. Hope that comes back.

Dreng

Reaction score
Same. Was looking forward to truck month, but so far things didnt change for the better. My dealers price shot up this morning, then came back down, but are still higher than yesterday. $1000 truck owner rebate seems to be the delta. Hope that comes back.

Prices drop on volume dealers trying to hit quota. When they hit or nee months start prices will go back up. Wait till the end of Feb and you will see prices start to drop a little lower. I know in DFW area I saw a 1k dip last few days of Jan

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Alright,

Finally was able to negotiate something and should hopefully sign tomorrow. Will get to drive away with something nice until my vehicle gets delivered to me.

Anyways:
MSRP $58,960
Dealer discount: $8,434(had to negotiate for more)
Aftermarket (this is negative equity):$2,164
Fee's: $193
Taxes: $3,027.63
Price: $55,434.63
Rebates: $5,000
Total: $49,934.63 OTD

That's 18% off MSRP with dealer discounts or 23% after rebates including the negative equity. 25% if didn't have any.

Blee2221

Reaction score
Anyone know if the truck conquest rebate is still available for this month?

feaguy

Reaction score
sorry you don’t understand that each trim has its limits on discounts and you can’t walk in saying I want to ride my magic 18% off pony. 18% off a bighorn is a terrible deal. 18% off a longhorn is about as good as it gets. It’s that simple.

You seem caught up in these tiered trim discount levels and fail to see the bigger picture. If a Laramie and a Big Horn are at the same MSRP, which is often the case, and in one you can get 18% off and the other 30%, is the answer so clear? Do you see why your logic isn't sound? It doesn't matter what magical rule RAM puts on one trim level for pricing, what matters is relative value, and this includes opening your world to other trims of a comparable MSRP and even other manufacturers.

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
You seem caught up in these tiered trim discount levels and fail to see the bigger picture. If a Laramie and a Big Horn are at the same MSRP, which is often the case, and in one you can get 18% off and the other 30%, is the answer so clear? Do you see why your logic isn't sound? It doesn't matter what magical rule RAM puts on one trim level for pricing, what matters is relative value, and this includes opening your world to other trims of a comparable MSRP and even other manufacturers.

Yes, it’s still clear.

You’re assuming every buyer has the same budget.

Quite a few people don’t want leather and would never look at the Laramie. Others hate the grill or lights on the longhorn and limited, while some really want the black appearance package.

So if you are shopping for a specific trim it’s important to know when you’re getting a decent deal or not.

SuperShortMag

Reaction score
Here is my deal (bought at the end of last year, may be of limited usefulness since we are about to be in Feb):
  1. No trade
  2. 2019 RAM Big Horn 4x4, Panoramic Sunroof, 3.92, 33 gal tank, wheel well liners, e-torque, locking rear diff, trailer brake controller, level 2 group
  3. MSRP: $54,770
  4. Negotiated price: $38,500 (plus TTL)
  5. Rebates used: USAA, Conquest, Chrysler Cap, regional stuff

View attachment 14775

My dealer was a huge pain to work with and tried some scuzzy stuff and would not recommend them.

After owning the truck for a month, I have a list of things to get fixed/checked out:

1. Front LED reading lights don't work
  2. Tailgate cables are loose (not under tension) with gate dropped
  3. Truck had a check engine light on when brand new and went away after a few restarts. Not sure. Been running fine for about 1800 miles now but will take it to dealer soon to get the TSBs/firmware updates done.
  4. Engine w/ MDS (cylinder deactivation) makes a slight rattling sort of noise (coming from exhaust area) under load at about 1500-1800 RPM (I've seen someone in the forum talk about this, as well). Not sure if a problem or normal, just noticed it.
  5. Power folding mirrors bump windows when folded
  6. Driver's side door misaligned
  7. Front hood/panels misaligned
  8. Interior rattle @ rear passenger area (around ceiling)
  9. Squeek from center console hinge area when weight (such as an elbow) is placed on it

I already changed the oil myself, it was not an easy process nor clean. It's pretty tight in there spacewise, especially without the truck on a lift or anything (and crawling around on the cold driveway). The factory puts the can on extremely tightly as well.

However, next time I think I can do it fairly quickly. I have an oil can gripping claw (such as this) attached to a series of ratchet extensions and, while tight, it's able to reach and get the filter off quickly and easily. The trick is doing it cleanly (will employ the plastic bag method next time).

Enjoy the sunroof way more than I thought I would. Really enjoy the truck. I think someone said with the 3.92 gears that the truck goes into MDS more readily and I can attest to that. It will go into MDS very quickly and often in town and even hold in MDS while accelerating up small hills. On the highway it will still go into MDS at around 70 mph or so but disengage on even slight inclines. I get about 19-20 MPG highway so far w/ the 3.92 gears (going 65). At 70mph I get about 18.5 mpg. Also really like having the 33 gal fuel tank. No sunroof leak issues... yet. Will be watching for that.

All in all pretty happy with the truck despite the quality issues, we'll see how the dealer responds to my laundry list when I take it in.

I would recommend that dealer to everyone I know if they are throwing those kind of deals. Almost 30% off the sticker, I can endure a a little pain

Cygnus A

Reaction score
Anyone know if the truck conquest rebate is still available for this month?
It's not showing on the ram site. And my dealer took it off their listings as well. I hope it comes back. I was ready to buy and the prices just jumped 1k

Blee2221

Reaction score
It's not showing on the ram site. And my dealer took it off their listings as well. I hope it comes back. I was ready to buy and the prices just jumped 1k

I’m in the same boat. Was holding off until February to see if truck month started and get another $1k in rebates but my dealer doesn’t know if the truck conquest rebate is still available.

Stasek

Reaction score
Unless FCA ups their game, the Truck Month looks like a big snooze. In Midwest, the Classic has $9k in incentives/rebates (plus whatever targeted ones you qualify for), but the new ‘19 has the same $5250 as past couple months. The targeted incentives DO seem to include the $1k Conquest (at least that’s what I saw on one of the local dealer’s websites), but the Penfed as well as Realtor rebates seem to be gone. Oh well.... maybe they’re still updating the website (one can hope/dream, right)?

professorwest

Reaction score
I agree that truck month is Snooze month on the higher trims - unless they make a quick change this week. I've been tracking this for a while - and NOV and Black Friday is still king for higher trims so far.

Dreng

Reaction score
Alright,

Finally was able to negotiate something and should hopefully sign tomorrow. Will get to drive away with something nice until my vehicle gets delivered to me.

Anyways:
MSRP $58,960
Dealer discount: $8,434(had to negotiate for more)
Aftermarket (this is negative equity):$2,164
Fee's: $193
Taxes: $3,027.63
Price: $55,434.63
Rebates: $5,000
Total: $49,934.63 OTD

That's 18% off MSRP with dealer discounts or 23% after rebates including the negative equity. 25% if didn't have any.

Did you end up with a laramie? Mind sharing the dealer because that's a pretty good discount and rebates.

Hlpyhlperton

Reaction score
I tried to time my order to get here in February. I am extremely dissatisfied with the rebates on the higher trims. What is the whole point of calling February truck month if you are going to offer the exact same things as the month before

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Did you end up with a laramie? Mind sharing the dealer because that's a pretty good discount and rebates.

Yes. I got a Laramie 4x2 with v8
Black apperance package. Advanced safety group. 12” uconnect. 33gal tank and couple other things.

I’m getting it at covert in austin.

Dreng

Reaction score
Yes. I got a Laramie 4x2 with v8
Black apperance package. Advanced safety group. 12” uconnect. 33gal tank and couple other things.

I’m getting it at covert in austin.

Congrats in the new truck

Users who are viewing this thread