5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
Does anyone have a rough estimate on about how much the difference is between buying off lot and order? A ballpark %?
I don't need like 4-5 options they added the truck, but really want 1 option that's missing to make this puppy have everything I want for about a $500 price difference

I just don't want to custom order and lose $4-5K off of dealer discounts for example.

From what I have seen, rebates and incentives for a car on the lot could be $500-1500 more vs. ordering. I got about 11.4% off MRSP in just dealer discount when I ordered at the end of December.

I was told by my dealer that you will get the best of any rebate or incentive that is available from the time you order til you take delivery.

Rambro23

Reaction score
Not sure how my last post got so screwed up.

I’m also in the Sacto. area and looking to purchase a special order Limited and am having a hard time getting a response from my email/text requests for a quote.

Might I be so bold as to ask the name of the dealer and sales rep. who sold you the truck?

Hanlees Ram in Davis. Used True Car service and worked with Jorge... tell him Joe from Sacramento referred you.

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
If you do Chrsyler Capitol
Get pre approved on line as the rates are better than when you get at the
Dealer
If you see a great price online take that
To your dealer and have them match it.

If the price they give you is not as good as it worked for me

Rambro23

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger and she’s resting in my garage as I type.

2019 Longhorn
MSRP - $63,565
Purchase price before tax, title, & license - $51,936
18% or so off MSRP is not unusual.

Agreed, that's the discount I got on mine... 18%

Wheeler

Reaction score
Larimie 5.7 6.4 bed 4x4 level 2 trim Msrp 54770 rebeat 6750 consumer cash 4750
Little delar discount out the door 47000 even that inudes 8.25% sale tax about 700 California registration and other made up stuff around 289.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Dealer just said that if ordering from ram, they do not offer dealer discounts. Essentailly would be paying MSRP for the purchase...

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Yeah you should find another dealership! I went to 3 different dealerships they all offered the same dealer discount on orders as off the lot.

Yeah, that's what I thought. He said he could be wrong, I politely told him to check again lol.

racr748

Reaction score
Is this a good deal to take?

2019 Laramie 1500 crew cab 5.7, 4x4
Leather buckets, Level 1 package, 3.92 axle ratio, E-locker, 5.7L v8, pano suroof, 33g tank, 20"wheels, trailer brake control and Rambox.

- MSRP 58,135 (factory MSRP 56,875+dealer addons : window tint, spray in bed liner, mopar side steps, mopar flaps, WeatherThech floor liners).

$47,250 out the door

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this a good deal to take?

2019 Laramie 1500 crew cab 5.7, 4x4
Leather buckets, Level 1 package, 3.92 axle ratio, E-locker, 5.7L v8, pano suroof, 33g tank, 20"wheels, trailer brake control and Rambox.

- MSRP 58,135 (factory MSRP 56,875+dealer addons : window tint, spray in bed liner, mopar side steps, mopar flaps, WeatherThech floor liners).

$47,250 out the door

That's 18.7% off MSRP, racr748. Seems like a good price to me.

Wheeler

Reaction score
If it includes all dmv and tax it is kind of great deal.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Signed 30 mins back, Laramie BLACK CREW CAB 4X4 with Black appearance package, protection group, advanced safety group, level 2 equipment group, pano sunroof, 12 inch screen, 5.7 V8, 3.92 ratio, e-Locker rear axle

MSRP : 62885
Affiliate discount price (PP): 57285
Dealer: 5800

+ trade in

now someone pls break my bubble and tell me i overpaid by 5 grand or more.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
Signed 30 mins back, Laramie BLACK CREW CAB 4X4 with Black appearance package, protection group, advanced safety group, level 2 equipment group, pano sunroof, 12 inch screen, 5.7 V8, 3.92 ratio, e-Locker rear axle

MSRP : 62885
Affiliate discount price (PP): 57285
Dealer: 5800

+ trade in

now someone pls break my bubble and tell me i overpaid by 5 grand or more.

I am not sure what you actually paid? Did you get discount down to $57,285 and then got $5,800 of other discounts for a total discount of $11,800? That would be about 18% off MSRP and you did great.

If you are saying you got $5600 (not $5800) off MSRP and you paid $57,285, then you over paid by 5 grand or more.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
I am not sure what you actually paid? Did you get discount down to $57,285 and then got $5,800 of other discounts for a total discount of $11,800? That would be about 18% off MSRP and you did great.

If you are saying you got $5600 (not $5800) off MSRP and you paid $57,285, then you over paid by 5 grand or more.

my affiliate discount price is 1% less than invoice which is 57285 (i have the invoice), i haggled for 2 days and for another 5800 down from that. so my price is 51485 + taxes etc.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really think people are making this more complicated than it is. Your rebates are static, they only change based on trim and whatever Chrysler is currently doing. It’s not realistic to use them in your price for comparison with others. For example, everyone with military discount can buy the same vehicle you can for 500 bucks less if you don’t qualify. It doesn’t mean they got a better deal.

You have to look at dealer discounts, not just the overall 18% off. That doesn’t really mean much. And it doesn’t really transfer from trim to trim, limiteds and longhorns usually have 1-3k less on rebates than Laramies and so forth.

MSRP
- dealer discount (your negotiation)
- rebates (uncontrollable)

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I really think people are making this more complicated than it is. Your rebates are static, they only change based on trim and whatever Chrysler is currently doing. It’s not realistic to use them in your price for comparison with others. For example, everyone with the military discount can buy the same vehicle you can for 500 bucks less if you don’t qualify. It doesn’t mean they got a better deal.

You have to look at dealer discounts, not just the overall 18% off. That doesn’t really mean much. And it doesn’t really transfer from trim to trim, limiteds and longhorns usually have 1-3k less on rebates than Laramies and so forth.

MSRP
- dealer discount (your negotiation)
- rebates (uncontrollable)

I get what you're saying, but I disagree a little bit. The purpose of working a deal is trying to get the biggest discount you can, regardless of how you get there, what incentives there are or are not, how much you feel like haggling, how much of a discount they give you right off the top.

At the end of the day, even the dealers have ways to make extra money, such as lowballing a trade in. or increasing APR a point or 3, or simply NOT giving you a bigger dealer discount off of MSRP, dealer options and so on.

Not everyone wants to haggle, not every dealer will haggle. The goal here is to achieve that magic 18% under MSRP regardless of how to get there. Rebates simply help you get there with as little effort as possible. And, dealers even try to say "You don't qualify" for certain rebates.... even if you do.

Everyone can put the extra work in and get even lower, or search for more rebates and such, but the results the same. Across the board, regardless of rebates, most users are trying to get to 18% under MSRP. Some are only 12%, some are 24%

Those with 24%, yes probably had more rebates and played hardball more or with dealers that really needed to get that vehicle sold.

Also, I think rebates are about the same across trims, but the dealer discounts are different. The rebates that I would qualify for and most others are standard such as conquest lease, conquest truck, military, car buying service, and others all carry over to different trims if I'm not mistaken. The difference in dealer discounts is anywhere from 6K on big horns to over 10K on limited though.

Just my 0.02c Again, I get what you're saying, but it's still an apple to apples in my eyes because if you can't qualify for rebates and the dealer isn't willing to move more to get that 18%, then you may want to look at a different dealer that gives bigger dealer discounts off the top. Or, just haggle a lot more, and reach 18%

Last edited:
U

User_6565

Placed an order today for a Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 5'7" box, 5.7L Hemi w/ etorque, level 2, Sport Appearance package, Bed Utility Group, Advanced Safety Group, 4 corner air suspension, power running boards, 12" uconnect, and a few other things (no pano sunroof).
MSRP $66,155
FWP $60,807
Dealer Discount $8500
So, $57,655 (12.85% off MSRP before rebates). I've been told I currently qualify for $4250 in rebates so we'll see how it looks when I take delivery. Hoping they get better for truck month (and that I can take delivery to capitalize).

Users who are viewing this thread