5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Mason1217

Reaction score
So what’s the deal at places like this then? They are advertising the dealerships “advantage discount” at over 20% below MSRP?? Of course, no breakdown given. If you could get the price they are showing, plus rebates?? Even if all rebates are in there, and you don’t qualify for all, they are basically 18% off right? I feel like I’m missing something, Someone with more drive than me should look into it lol. https://www.driveenvy.com/inventory/new-2019-ram-all-new-1500-laramie-4x4-crew-cab-1c6srfjtxkn691268

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
more rebates and played hardball more or with dealers that really needed to get that vehicle sold.

Also, I think rebates are about the same across trims, but the dealer discounts are different. The rebates that I would qualify for and most others are standard such as conquest lease, conquest truck, military, car buying service, and others all carry over to different trims if I'm not mistaken.

This seems to be untrue just by looking at RAM's website. https://www.ramtrucks.com/incentives/offers-model.html?ccode=CUT201920DT6H98A

Looking today,

A 2019 1500 4x4 Limited shows this.
Where a 2019 1500 4x4 Big Horn shows this.
  • GET UP TO$4,250CASH ALLOWANCE
  • FINANCE FOR5.9% APRFOR 72 MONTHSPLUS UP TO $500

Dreng

Reaction score
So what’s the deal at places like this then? They are advertising the dealerships “advantage discount” at over 20% below MSRP?? Of course, no breakdown given. If you could get the price they are showing, plus rebates?? Even if all rebates are in there, and you don’t qualify for all, they are basically 18% off right? I feel like I’m missing something, Someone with more drive than me should look into it lol. https://www.driveenvy.com/inventory/new-2019-ram-all-new-1500-laramie-4x4-crew-cab-1c6srfjtxkn691268

Price seems pretty good. I have not spoken to this dealer but ones that advertise similar discounts either have huge mark up on the addendum sticker (white sticker next to window sticker that lists dealer added options) or they really low ball on the trade on in.

Aggie Rod

Reaction score
This seems to be untrue just by looking at RAM's website. https://www.ramtrucks.com/incentives/offers-model.html?ccode=CUT201920DT6H98A

Looking today,

Seems like the Laramie and Big Horn models are the best deals. Dealers have discounts available to them that we don't know about and if they are a high volume dealer they can make you a great deal. I have no idea what discounts Autonation gave me on my truck. They had a deal on Laramie's and I went and told them I want that deal with certain options that increased the price. We went back and forth for a week and half and then I stopped talking to them with no communication for a week. Then the sales manager called me and told me he needed to sell the truck I was looking at and what would it take for me to buy it. I gave him my terms and the next day my sales guy said when can you come in and do the paperwork.

Rambro23

Reaction score
Thank you Jstew, for posted that.

No problem, Jorge will treat you right! Make sure to drop my name (Joe S) so he knows who referred you and makes you a great deal as well, it truly makes a difference!

Deriggs007

Reaction score

Looking today,

Those I would call incentives, not rebates. I think the terms can be used interchangeably, but those are incentives to purchase a specific trim, where as a rebate are certain things you qualify for based on certain conditions. Eg, military. That military rebates applies to any trim. It is still an 'incentive' but it is not "incentivized" towards a specific vehicle.

Does that make sense?

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score

No. As you've said, they purposefully haven't broken down the discounts, rebates and incentives separately. That means that 9.5 times out of 10, every possible incentive and/or rebate is going to be rolled into that $13,803 "discount" number and you have no idea what their actual dealer discount is going to be. You also don't know how many of the rebates and incentives are going to conflict. This is typical slimy dealership website advertising.

Fuel_Sport

Reaction score
2019 Ivory Tr coat Ram Laramie with Sport Package 4x4 , Level 1, 12" screen, 3.92 gears, anti spin dif, 5.7 hemi, rear wheel liners, 33 gal tank, 20" wheels, trailer brake control.

MSRP $57,095

Only rebate I qualified for besides factory was the $500 true car rebate.

It came to $46,813 before TTL
$49,500 OTD

Also had a trade in but the numbers are before we talked about the trade. They also gave me over $5k more than the next big dealer near me for my trade in. Felt like i did very well.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
4x4 Laramie
MSRP: 53955
Price: 41221

Is this a good deal? Does anyone know the Chrysler 72 months rates?
I don't think you're too far off. I paid $37 on a truck with just under $50k sticker, and you're about +4k on either side. So you are probably close to where they will stop. I got as far as I probably could on my dealership.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those I would call incentives, not rebates. I think the terms can be used interchangeably, but those are incentives to purchase a specific trim, where as a rebate are certain things you qualify for based on certain conditions. Eg, military. That military rebates applies to any trim. It is still an 'incentive' but it is not "incentivized" towards a specific vehicle.

Does that make sense?

This makes no sense to me. I mean I understood what you wrote, but it’s all part of the total rebate, or incentive, on each model.

It’s what I was trying to say, you always have more dealer supplied rebates on the lower trims. At least until the end of the year or some kind of special deal. But typically yor big horn and Laramie will have way more factory rebates than longhorn/rebel/limited. It’s also geographical, business areas often get 500+ more on the same models depending on zip code.

So it’s really not accurate to say that:

52k big horn - 15k in total discounts = 37k price paid = 29% discount

Is a better deal than say mine:

50k rebel - 10.5k in total discounts = 39.5k price paid = 21% discount

Because they aren’t anywhere near the same, dieffernt trims, different timings for factory incentives/rebates per trim, military, etc

You can really only compare the dealer discounts, and even then it varies on the trims to a degree

feaguy

Reaction score
This makes no sense to me. I mean I understood what you wrote, but it’s all part of the total rebate, or incentive, on each model.

It’s what I was trying to say, you always have more dealer supplied rebates on the lower trims. At least until the end of the year or some kind of special deal. But typically yor big horn and Laramie will have way more factory rebates than longhorn/rebel/limited. It’s also geographical, business areas often get 500+ more on the same models depending on zip code.

So it’s really not accurate to say that:

52k big horn - 15k in total discounts = 37k price paid = 29% discount

Is a better deal than say mine:

50k rebel - 10.5k in total discounts = 39.5k price paid = 21% discount

Because they aren’t anywhere near the same, dieffernt trims, different timings for factory incentives/rebates per trim, military, etc

You can really only compare the dealer discounts, and even then it varies on the trims to a degree
Cognitive dissonance in action

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sorry you don’t understand that each trim has its limits on discounts and you can’t walk in saying I want to ride my magic 18% off pony. 18% off a bighorn is a terrible deal. 18% off a longhorn is about as good as it gets. It’s that simple.

RueferChi

Reaction score
Has their site just not fully updated yet? I'm not seeing anything at all compelling in there.

JLUR_

Reaction score
Has their site just not fully updated yet? I'm not seeing anything at all compelling in there.

It usually takes Ram a day or so to update the incentives after the month rolls over. The new incentives should be live by this evening.

RueferChi

Reaction score
It usually takes Ram a day or so to update the incentives after the month rolls over. The new incentives should be live by this evening.

Thanks for the detail. I’m likely taking delivery next week, so I have a vested interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They don't really list the incentives. You have to kind of pick out the vehicle and go from there. I looked on my local dealer's site and it looks like most of the Bighorns have about $6-7k incentives.

Users who are viewing this thread