5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger and she’s resting in my garage as I type.

2019 Longhorn
MSRP - $63,565
Purchase price before tax, title, & license - $51,936
18% or so off MSRP is not unusual.

Attachments

• F280743C-F9A1-4C1A-8308-CBB73D8A07EA.jpeg
    F280743C-F9A1-4C1A-8308-CBB73D8A07EA.jpeg
    538.1 KB · Views: 93
  • E1352DBA-CB9B-4FEC-83F2-15EA457AE4AA.jpeg
    E1352DBA-CB9B-4FEC-83F2-15EA457AE4AA.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 91

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
Alright my RAM brethern. I am getting close to pulling a trigger on a truck I've been wanting, but I want your guy's opinion on this.
~
Dealer addons (tint $350, wheel locks $199 , GPS truck locator $798)
~

What do you guys think?

https://www.driveuconnect.com/sirius-xm-guardian.html

FYI, The Uconnect system has GPS capabilites with the SiriusXM Guardian subscriptions. You get tons of functionality with this but if you ONLY wanted GPS tracking is is a bit pricy.

And the MOPAR wheel locks are only $55 direct. lot cheaper if you seach online.

drad5757

Reaction score
Here is my deal (bought at the end of last year, may be of limited usefulness since we are about to be in Feb):
  1. No trade
  2. 2019 RAM Big Horn 4x4, Panoramic Sunroof, 3.92, 33 gal tank, wheel well liners, e-torque, locking rear diff, trailer brake controller, level 2 group
  3. MSRP: $54,770
  4. Negotiated price: $38,500 (plus TTL)
  5. Rebates used: USAA, Conquest, Chrysler Cap, regional stuff

View attachment 14775

My dealer was a huge pain to work with and tried some scuzzy stuff and would not recommend them.

After owning the truck for a month, I have a list of things to get fixed/checked out:

1. Front LED reading lights don't work
  2. Tailgate cables are loose (not under tension) with gate dropped
  3. Truck had a check engine light on when brand new and went away after a few restarts. Not sure. Been running fine for about 1800 miles now but will take it to dealer soon to get the TSBs/firmware updates done.
  4. Engine w/ MDS (cylinder deactivation) makes a slight rattling sort of noise (coming from exhaust area) under load at about 1500-1800 RPM (I've seen someone in the forum talk about this, as well). Not sure if a problem or normal, just noticed it.
  5. Power folding mirrors bump windows when folded
  6. Driver's side door misaligned
  7. Front hood/panels misaligned
  8. Interior rattle @ rear passenger area (around ceiling)
  9. Squeek from center console hinge area when weight (such as an elbow) is placed on it

I already changed the oil myself, it was not an easy process nor clean. It's pretty tight in there spacewise, especially without the truck on a lift or anything (and crawling around on the cold driveway). The factory puts the can on extremely tightly as well.

However, next time I think I can do it fairly quickly. I have an oil can gripping claw (such as this) attached to a series of ratchet extensions and, while tight, it's able to reach and get the filter off quickly and easily. The trick is doing it cleanly (will employ the plastic bag method next time).

Enjoy the sunroof way more than I thought I would. Really enjoy the truck. I think someone said with the 3.92 gears that the truck goes into MDS more readily and I can attest to that. It will go into MDS very quickly and often in town and even hold in MDS while accelerating up small hills. On the highway it will still go into MDS at around 70 mph or so but disengage on even slight inclines. I get about 19-20 MPG highway so far w/ the 3.92 gears (going 65). At 70mph I get about 18.5 mpg. Also really like having the 33 gal fuel tank. No sunroof leak issues... yet. Will be watching for that.

All in all pretty happy with the truck despite the quality issues, we'll see how the dealer responds to my laundry list when I take it in.
I don't understand why you don't recommend the dealer, looks like you got a great deal. I don't think number 2 on your list is an issue, I think the lift assist keeps tension off the cables.

Tsull1216

Reaction score
I bought a loaded Laramie dual moon roof power running boards Msrp 62900 I got it for 52500

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
https://www.driveuconnect.com/sirius-xm-guardian.html

FYI, The Uconnect system has GPS capabilites with the SiriusXM Guardian subscriptions. You get tons of functionality with this but if you ONLY wanted GPS tracking is is a bit pricy.

Yeah, I'm confused about the GPS tracking. Is it non-subscription based? If your vehicle is reported stolen, can't the police use Sirius/Uconnect to locate it even if you let your subscription lapse? What is the point of the GPS tracker, is it to spy on your cheating wife (or vice versa?)

Joed

Reaction score
Hi, new member here. I am looking to buy Ram Laramie (window sticker $56,215) in Detroit area (North East suburbs)
I have the employee family discount, any idea what should be my Target price for negotiation? (It's my first time buying a truck)

Rambro23

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Sport

MSRP $60,145
-$7157 dealership discount
-$3750 rebate

=$49,238 paid

Sacramento, CA

Is this good or nah?

V8Spock

Reaction score
If that price is out-the door including tax, tag, title, destination and without a trade.

I would say yes!

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
Joed
My Laramie was purchased off the lot
Sitcker 54,750 with discounts
Nothing fancy but a step up from
My 2014 Bighorn

EZout

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Sport

MSRP $60,145
-$7157 dealership discount
-$3750 rebate

=$49,238 paid

Sacramento, CA

Is this good or nah?

Not sure how my last post got so screwed up.

I’m also in the Sacto. area and looking to purchase a special order Limited and am having a hard time getting a response from my email/text requests for a quote.

Might I be so bold as to ask the name of the dealer and sales rep. who sold you the truck?

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm confused about the GPS tracking. Is it non-subscription based? If your vehicle is reported stolen, can't the police use Sirius/Uconnect to locate it even if you let your subscription lapse? What is the point of the GPS tracker, is it to spy on your cheating wife (or vice versa?)

I doubt they would help you with police if you do not pay for the service.

From that link:

If the unexpected happens and your vehicle is stolen, Stolen Vehicle Assistance will help police locate your vehicle.

Use Vehicle Finder to locate your vehicle in a crowded parking lot. It will pinpoint the location on a map on your smartphone or smartwatch.

Quickly receive alerts by text, email or push notifications if your vehicle's available theft alarm is triggered.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
Hi, new member here. I am looking to buy Ram Laramie (window sticker $56,215) in Detroit area (North East suburbs)
I have the employee family discount, any idea what should be my Target price for negotiation? (It's my first time buying a truck)

Hard to compare apples to apples with rebates and incentives. But you should be able to get 9-12% of MSRP with dealer discount. Then another 5-8% with rebates and incentives. total of 12-18% seems to be what people are seeing.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Does anyone have a rough estimate on about how much the difference is between buying off lot and order? A ballpark %?
I don't need like 4-5 options they added the truck, but really want 1 option that's missing to make this puppy have everything I want for about a $500 price difference

I just don't want to custom order and lose $4-5K off of dealer discounts for example.

Dreng

Reaction score
Does anyone have a rough estimate on about how much the difference is between buying off lot and order? A ballpark %?
I don't need like 4-5 options they added the truck, but really want 1 option that's missing to make this puppy have everything I want for about a $500 price difference

I just don't want to custom order and lose $4-5K off of dealer discounts for example.

Good dealer should be the same discount percentage. I would pull up the dealers site and find the percentage of dealer discount on average across the models and then you will know what to expect for dealer discount. The only thing is some of that discount is made up by adding the extra options at the dealer that have a hefty mark up. So ordering and asking them to leave off the extras will probably yeild a few points lower or the dealer will try to force a few of the options on the order.

Creep0321

Reaction score

From what I’ve gathered, unless the truck has been sitting for a long time, or it just happens to be end of the month, there does not seem to be much of a difference between orders and off the lot. For example on my order (see details in signature) I’m 14% off MSRP, before rebates/incentives and TTL.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea most dealers will start you off at like 10% on orders in my experience, some will move up a bit.

Not sure where you are planning to go, but Laura RAM in MO is a volume dealer with rock bottom prices. Jump over there and check out what they have. That will show you what you should be targeting for price.

I think 13-14% is the max dealer discount you are going to get in most scenarios either way. With an average closer to 11-12% for most. Like the guy above said he got 14% ordering his Laramie, that’s about as good as it gets. I got about 12% buying an “old” stock rebel off the lot. Not Apples to oranges, but he saved more and is getting a truck no one else has dorked with. Ordering is the way to go, if you can wait IMO. Even if it’s the same price as the Lot, get yourself one that no one else has touched.

The only negative to ordering is the rebate situation, because you never know what they will be. Like right now they have the extra 1k trade in for competitive trucks which is what caused me to pull the trigger. I was going to order but I got essentially what I wanted at the price I wanted thanks to the rebates.

Last edited:

Cygnus A

Reaction score
4x4 Laramie
MSRP: 53955
Price: 41221

Is this a good deal? Does anyone know the Chrysler 72 months rates?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
4x4 Laramie
MSRP: 53955
Price: 41221

Is this a good deal? Does anyone know the Chrysler 72 months rates?

Trade involved? If not then seems good to me. It’s hard to tell off the final price, the only part you can control is the dealer discount. You want to be in the 12-14% area ideally. Def not less than 10%.

MSRP - dealer discount = actual price.

The rebates are really irrelevant since they depend your location and personal situation.

I think they start around 6%, you can refinance immediately though if you are doing it for the rebates.

Users who are viewing this thread