5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Egret

Reaction score
Here in the Motor City, we have the mafia, that goes by the Detroit Auto Dealers Association. Back in the 70s, they demanded all dealers be closed on Saturdays. One dealer ignored that, and opened on a Saturday. By Monday, every window in the building was smashed, and new cars damaged. No dealer opened on Saturdays again, for 30 years, until DADA changed, and said they can open Saturdays. They limit the deals, so all dealers around, give about the same lame discounts. We don't even have independent dealers here anymore. All the dealerships are owned by conglomerates, that own at least 20 dealerships. Even if they run under different names, they have the same parent company. I went into one Ford dealer here, and they had a sign on the wall, about their company. They own over 50 dealerships in 6 states. They all have set prices. I found it amazing, that living 10 miles from the plant, I could go 1,400 miles away, and ordinary people can walk in off the street, and buy a truck, for thousands less than an employee can, in Michigan.
Sounds brutal! Yeah, there are pockets of anti-competitive trade practices all over. If the parent company owns dealerships across different manufacturers, such as Ford and Ram, this allows some ability to fix prices and discounts, and lets them keep their prices higher than they otherwise could.

The big advantage in this situation goes to dealerships that are 1400 miles away! These smart dealerships can start eating the lunch of the dealer conglomerates in MI. The dealer further away will have lower prices and likely lower profit margins, but they will get lots of sales that they otherwise wouldn't get in their local market, and they'll be able to build a strong book of business. And the consumer wins with lower prices. So the competition is good all around - except for the conglomerate. The real hurdle is for consumers to be well informed and know they can shop elsewhere - but that isn't a problem for the buyers on this forum! :D

RedFred

Reaction score
Here in the Motor City, we have the mafia, that goes by the Detroit Auto Dealers Association. Back in the 70s, they demanded all dealers be closed on Saturdays. One dealer ignored that, and opened on a Saturday. By Monday, every window in the building was smashed, and new cars damaged. No dealer opened on Saturdays again, for 30 years, until DADA changed, and said they can open Saturdays. They limit the deals, so all dealers around, give about the same lame discounts. We don't even have independent dealers here anymore. All the dealerships are owned by conglomerates, that own at least 20 dealerships. Even if they run under different names, they have the same parent company. I went into one Ford dealer here, and they had a sign on the wall, about their company. They own over 50 dealerships in 6 states. They all have set prices. I found it amazing, that living 10 miles from the plant, I could go 1,400 miles away, and ordinary people can walk in off the street, and buy a truck, for thousands less than an employee can, in Michigan.
A lot of truth here. ☝️

Also reminds me of when I was shopping in 2022. There seemed to be an unspoken rule amongst all the dealerships in my area to not sell any truck below MSRP. When I told the manager I would buy the truck if he took $100 off the price, he said no problem he will give me the $100 towards my trade in. When I said no I want $100 off the new truck, he argued with me and said that it's the same thing he will just give me another $100 towards my trade in. I said forget it, but it was painfully obvious the price fix was in. And every dealership was following the same script.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
just like in the housing market, all dealers for every mft are in for an awakening, gmc and chevy are dealing like they havent in years

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
A lot of truth here. ☝️

Also reminds me of when I was shopping in 2022. There seemed to be an unspoken rule amongst all the dealerships in my area to not sell any truck below MSRP. When I told the manager I would buy the truck if he took $100 off the price, he said no problem he will give me the $100 towards my trade in. When I said no I want $100 off the new truck, he argued with me and said that it's the same thing he will just give me another $100 towards my trade in. I said forget it, but it was painfully obvious the price fix was in. And every dealership was following the same script.
This is 100% what happens around me also.

f.zanetti

Reaction score
Brother please give me a call - if you buy from us, great, if not, that's okay too - but you can at least use our pricing to embarass those offers you got :)
337-429-2021. You guys know I will never smack talk another one of the dealers who support this community and provide at least transparent pricing and processes - all good there - but the wild fees and addons I can't resist. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Wagoneer Vehicle Inventory - Lake Charles Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Wagoneer dealer in Lake Charles LA - New and Used Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Wagoneer dealership Beauregard Parish Calcasieu Parish Sulphur LA

Do you offer great discounts on vehicles that are on the lot as well?

rylock21

Reaction score
Tonight I finished up a deal that was MSRP of $62,250 for a Big Horn and ended up just shy of $11k off with discount and Ram incentives. Seems to be about normal for the outgoing 2023's so I was happy to snatch up one of the remaining few they had on lot still.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Do you offer great discounts on vehicles that are on the lot as well?
Absolutely. The online pricing is 99% correct.
Caveats:
- We list them with the rebates for Southwest business district that we are in. This sometimes shows larger rebates, sometimes less, than your area may be - we can always check with a zip code.
- At the beginning of the month when new incentives are released, the rebates and dealer discount get temporarily combined and can look REALLY odd - again we can verify
- We do NOT show other conditional discounts like military, first responder, affiliate, TDM coupons, etc - so there is always a chance we can get a little better deal out of RAM

Lastly, the website does not have all the same filters to make searching easy through 100+ 1500s. Always happy to help on that end because our dealer inventory system does allow for a little easier filter/search.

f.zanetti

Reaction score
Absolutely. The online pricing is 99% correct.
Caveats:
- We list them with the rebates for Southwest business district that we are in. This sometimes shows larger rebates, sometimes less, than your area may be - we can always check with a zip code.
- At the beginning of the month when new incentives are released, the rebates and dealer discount get temporarily combined and can look REALLY odd - again we can verify
- We do NOT show other conditional discounts like military, first responder, affiliate, TDM coupons, etc - so there is always a chance we can get a little better deal out of RAM

Lastly, the website does not have all the same filters to make searching easy through 100+ 1500s. Always happy to help on that end because our dealer inventory system does allow for a little easier filter/search.
Thanks for your quick answer @AnthonyRI -- I would love to chat to see if it makes sense as I live in Boston and 1800 miles away ;-)

Basically looking for a Limited with Night, LL1 and Panoramic sunroof, Billet Silver is the color that really has grown on me recently: 2024 RAM 1500 Limited Lake Charles LA | Beauregard Parish Calcasieu Parish Sulphur Louisiana 1C6SRFHT7RN144765

How do you sell to customers from other states for example? Able to register the vehicle and offer temp plates? Got some great shipping quotes as well?

mike146

Reaction score
I am sure Anthony will let you know how everything works, but...
Mark Dodge is real and many on this site will verify.
I purchased a 2022 Rebel from them and got everything I wanted except power mirrors due to chip shortage at the time of order.
Pricing has changed since, but at the time I ordered, pricing in NY was 3 to 5 thousand over MSRP. Mark Dodge saved me so much money over local dealers that paying 1500 for delivery was still a no brainer. Delivery was about 1 dollar per mile.
Never thought I would purchase sight unseen and have delivered, but they make everything as easy as possible.

Good luck getting the truck you want.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick answer @AnthonyRI -- I would love to chat to see if it makes sense as I live in Boston and 1800 miles away ;-)

Basically looking for a Limited with Night, LL1 and Panoramic sunroof, Billet Silver is the color that really has grown on me recently: 2024 RAM 1500 Limited Lake Charles LA | Beauregard Parish Calcasieu Parish Sulphur Louisiana 1C6SRFHT7RN144765

How do you sell to customers from other states for example? Able to register the vehicle and offer temp plates? Got some great shipping quotes as well?
Hey there - feel free to call me at 337-429-2021 or email to [email protected]

RN144765 is indeed available! Being a limited, the rebates are identical nationwide.
We also have 15 more that fit the bill in a variety of colors Granite, Patriot, Delmonico, White, Ivory, and Black.

For out of state customers yes we can execute ALL of the needs of tax, registration, plates, etc remotely. You get 60-Day temp tags from Louisiana so you can drive immediately upon delivery (with insurance of course) while we handle the rest of the steps involved. That's the only thing you pay to Louisiana, everything else is for your home state (not paying taxes 2x, etc). With this you CAN roll the taxes/fees into your deal to include in total amount financed.

We do coordinate shipping so that you're not haggling 10 truckers - we do all of that, and then set you up with the contract between you and the selected carrier.
We do not have any markup/fee for that end of the service BUT you pay them directly upon arrival (already agreed on price) so you cannot roll that expense into financing the deal.

Egret

Reaction score
I found a pricing discrepancy on the ramtrucks.com website yesterday. I found it while I was rebuilding my factory order so that I could review the included features... I happened to notice that the quoted MSRP was $800 lower than it was when I placed my order last week.

Today I verified from a couple of sources that the MSRP has not changed from last week, and the price being quoted on the website is wrong. It's not a huge difference, but I wouldn't have expected the MSRP pricing to be incorrect on their website. So... something to keep in mind.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A lot of truth here. ☝️

Exactly like I experienced. Due to that I will not be buying locally anymore in the future. They lost a long time customer.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

If you haven't given Anthony a call yet, do so. I chose to fly down to pick mine up, but they will give you names of shippers, so you can have shipped. The only charges they add, are the dealer charge, which was something like $400, I don't remember exactly, but very reasonable compared to some dealers, and like $6 for the temporary tag. When you get home you do have to pay your local sales tax, there is no getting around it. Anthony can send you paperwork, with all the numbers. It was well worth the trip.

XLINE

Reaction score
2024 Laramie Night Edition lease through Ally. $73,390 msrp $67,965 sale price and 14,400 in rebates. *affiliate pricing

Last edited:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you’re buying from MD bring a cooler/ice and grab some frozen daiquiris from one of the many drive thru liquor stands to enjoy when you reach a stopping point for the night or get back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

daveomatic

Reaction score
Good news for anyone planning to buy or take delivery on a ‘24 in December. The cash allowance incentive went up to $5,500 compared to $4,500 last month and $3,000 before that.
e1fef2bee9c6810d3a5f321114a490c4.jpg

Egret

Reaction score
The incentives will depend on where you're located in the country. I've just checked the 2024 Incentives for Texas and there appears to be no changes from last month (November).

In Texas, we were already at $5,500 in November/2023. It was made up of $4,500 National + an additional $1,000 for the Southwest geography.

1701448331875.png
I

daveomatic

Reaction score
The incentives will depend on where you're located in the country. I've just checked the 2024 Incentives for Texas and there appears to be no changes from last month (November).

In Texas, we were already at $5,500 in November/2023. It was made up of $4,500 National + an additional $1,000 for the Southwest geography.

View attachment 171916
I
I believe the $1k Southwest BC incentive was previously only applicable for Lone Star models. This would be for all trims (excluding TRX).

Users who are viewing this thread