5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

daveomatic

Reaction score
Thank you. Do these TDM's have a shelf life once pulled? Something like 30 days for example?

Yes, they are good for 30 days. You can also lock in with any other lockable incentives at time of order. Ideally, you have one at time of order and then get another one at time of delivery so you can choose whichever bundle is higher to get the best price.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, they are good for 30 days. You can also lock in with any other lockable incentives at time of order. Ideally, you have one at time of order and then get another one at time of delivery so you can choose whichever bundle is higher to get the best price.
EXACTLY. You want to ultimately put one in each "bucket" ( new way of explaining, that was coined by a customer last week lol)

seabaz

Reaction score
What a pain. I'm getting pop-ups for surveys and the mailing list but god forbid give me one for a coupon!! It's like playing the lottery on there.

mike146

Reaction score
What a pain. I'm getting pop-ups for surveys and the mailing list but god forbid give me one for a coupon!! It's like playing the lottery on there.
In the past, you need to sometimes clear cache or simply reboot computer you are browsing on. You can also try a different browser, such as chrome or firefox if you use edge or safari on regular basis. Don't think RAM is trying hard to keep you from getting that code.

When I was ordering my truck, I got a code every few weeks to line up with the delivery date.

Good Luck

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Went and registered with a new email, confirmed email, close browser and use a different browser, log in and surf around rams site. Make sure to disable any pop up blockers. This worked for me today, took about 10 minutes. Good luck.

RedFred

Reaction score
I just got one by using my cell phone. I never go on RamTrucks.com on my phone, usually only on my laptop. Also no need to sign in or make an account. I have never made an account and have gotten it plenty of times on my laptop. Usually you have to clear cookies and history if you are having trouble getting it.

seabaz

Reaction score
Any news on if Ram has brought the prices down on the 1500 because now the configurator is showing me the price that was before the most recent hike. Or is that just a "mistake."?

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Any news on if Ram has brought the prices down on the 1500 because now the configurator is showing me the price that was before the most recent hike. Or is that just a "mistake."?
99% chance it's because it is including the rebates active for your area. Click the little letter "i" adjacent to your net price and it will show you the detail for base MSRP, your optoins, destination fee, and then your rebates. BUT, also, as @Darksteel165 said . . .the website is not required (or expected) to be accurate for purposes of placing an order. It is more of a "dream and search" tool rather than a "build and order," if you will.

RedFred

Reaction score
99% chance it's because it is including the rebates active for your area. Click the little letter "i" adjacent to your net price and it will show you the detail for base MSRP, your optoins, destination fee, and then your rebates. BUT, also, as @Darksteel165 said . . .the website is not required (or expected) to be accurate for purposes of placing an order. It is more of a "dream and search" tool rather than a "build and order," if you will.
Yeah, the website can be misleading. It shows you the build price, but most people don't realize that it has already factored in some rebates to get to that price that it is showing you.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
@RedFred bingo. I should have done these earlier...

THIS IS WHAT YOU SEE AT THE TOP
1700866546560.png

But then this is what you see when you click the "i" next to the net price:

1700866583987.png

RedFred

Reaction score
@RedFred bingo. I should have done these earlier...

THIS IS WHAT YOU SEE AT THE TOP
View attachment 171588

But then this is what you see when you click the "i" next to the net price:

View attachment 171589
Exactly, the price they show you already has $4500 in rebates applied. I have tried pointing that out in this thread before, but not everyone understands and then it creates confusion later when they see the actual MSRP.

seabaz

Reaction score
No I get all that. Which is why I was wondering why the price had went back down on the site and got excited a bit. When I build it with all the same options I did before the price is back to what it was before the price hike. The price hike was also noted by the website for about 2 weeks give or take.

Egret

Reaction score
If anyone is trying to figure out whether the financing promotion is better than the cash incentive, you can use this table. The values in the table are the amounts that you would save given different scenarios. If the cash incentive offered by RAM is bigger than the amount in the table, it's likely better to take the cash incentive.

You'll need to know what interest rate you can obtain on your own (not using the incentive promotional rate.) For example, let's assume you'll need a loan for $50,000 and you qualify for a 7% interest rate on a 5 year term through your bank or a Credit Union. Enter the table from the left at $50,000 and 7%, and go across to the corresponding promotional rate from RAM (in this case, assume it's 3.9% for 5 years). This tells you that your benefit from this promotional rate will be $4,289. If the cash incentive is lower than this amount, the financing offer might be better for you. But if the cash incentive is bigger, taking the cash incentive is likely better.

1701051154293.png

One of the drawbacks from the financing incentive is that if you pay off your loan early, you won't receive the full benefit that you anticipated when making the choice. This could happen if you sell your vehicle before it's paid off, or if you make additional payments so that you can pay off the loan sooner. So, if the amounts are close, it's likely better to choose the cash incentive and you'll keep your options open at little cost.

Currently PenFed Credit Union has the best advertised auto loan rates that I've been able to find. LINK: PenFed Auto Loans

1700938903286.png

Attachments

• 1700938867202.png
    1700938867202.png
    198.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
A few weeks prior to ordering my truck from Anthony @ MD, i found a somewhat local dealer with one on the lot that was almost equipped the way i wanted it. Their price was really close to MD, so i called on it to find out what i could. After dragging it out of them, I found the "advertised price" included every single discount, coupon and incentive known to man. A big long list of them.
What they do is sit you down and start checking off all the discounts you are not entitled to.
So im checking these things off in my head. Employee pricing, ex military, etc etc. You can guess where this is going.
Ended up no where near my Mark Dodge price !
I have learned a great deal about pricing in this forum, and i thank you all for that.
Oh the mistakes i have made with purchases over the years :(

Egret

Reaction score
A few weeks prior to ordering my truck from Anthony @ MD, i found a somewhat local dealer with one on the lot that was almost equipped the way i wanted it. Their price was really close to MD, so i called on it to find out what i could. After dragging it out of them, I found the "advertised price" included every single discount, coupon and incentive known to man. A big long list of them.
What they do is sit you down and start checking off all the discounts you are not entitled to.
So im checking these things off in my head. Employee pricing, ex military, etc etc. You can guess where this is going.
Ended up no where near my Mark Dodge price !
I have learned a great deal about pricing in this forum, and i thank you all for that.
Oh the mistakes i have made with purchases over the years :(
We've all been there before... but to keep things in perspective, market conditions have a big impact on price negotiations. For instance, a couple years ago with the chip shortages and other supply chain challenges, prices were much higher - even for the best car purchase negotiator. Demand was outstripping supply, and prices were high. So you can't beat yourself up too much for sometimes paying higher prices.

On the other hand, you can't take all the credit for low prices either :) ...right now, demand is falling and supply is very high - so lower prices will be available. Some dealer lots, especially in the North East, are bursting at the seams with pickups. And the sub-prime borrowing market is in really bad shape resulting in a high volume of reposessions, and the sale of these vehicles will add to supply and push prices down. I think that the profitablity for pickup manufacturers and dealers is likely to come under increasing pressure over the next 12 - 18 months.

With all that said, finding competitive offers is really important, as your experience shows with different dealers show. Great job finding a good deal, and I'm glad you're putting together a deal with Mark Dodge!

Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here in the Motor City, we have the mafia, that goes by the Detroit Auto Dealers Association. Back in the 70s, they demanded all dealers be closed on Saturdays. One dealer ignored that, and opened on a Saturday. By Monday, every window in the building was smashed, and new cars damaged. No dealer opened on Saturdays again, for 30 years, until DADA changed, and said they can open Saturdays. They limit the deals, so all dealers around, give about the same lame discounts. We don't even have independent dealers here anymore. All the dealerships are owned by conglomerates, that own at least 20 dealerships. Even if they run under different names, they have the same parent company. I went into one Ford dealer here, and they had a sign on the wall, about their company. They own over 50 dealerships in 6 states. They all have set prices. I found it amazing, that living 10 miles from the plant, I could go 1,400 miles away, and ordinary people can walk in off the street, and buy a truck, for thousands less than an employee can, in Michigan.

Users who are viewing this thread