5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Beckteck

Reaction score
Got a price today from local dealer 19 ram 1500 bighorn 48500 msrp 39600 with all rebates and discounts is this a good deal?

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Limited MSRP $68,250
Quoted me $61,000
Cash incentive $1,750
Final price $59,250 (13.2% below MSRP)

- Off Road Group on Limited's are on restriction
- Hemi eTorque is available on Limited's

Stasek

Reaction score
Got a price today from local dealer 19 ram 1500 bighorn 48500 msrp 39600 with all rebates and discounts is this a good deal?
Seems like you should be able to do better, but I guess it depends on your market (and whether you qualify for any targeted incentives).

Dreng

Reaction score
Decent deal but I'd hold off till end of month. Usually Jan is a slow sales month so they may do better if they need to make a few extra sales.

2slow95vert

Reaction score
I spent several hours in this dealer in the end of November. 4 trips and I was unable to make a deal. Tried to get a 60,500 Laramie for 53,500 before incentives. I'm glad you had a better experience.

hi guys -

first-time posting, but I want to thank everyone for some valuable info on this forum....I was definitely able to learn alot about where the current pricing, disc, rebates should be. That said I wanted to contribute with the info on my deal as well to add to the data. I'm based near Boston and had been searching for the Limited 1500 in Billet Silver w/blk interior and they were extremely sparse in MA & NH & CT....had a few 'near deals' with MA dealers for blk on blk but ultimately wanted my color choice. Ended up purchasing from Security Dodge/Ram in NY (long island) on 1/2/19 (last day of year for them).
this was 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4, with msrp of 68,755.
Dealer discount brought the truck down to 59k, then 4k in rebates that i qualified for which were the ones everyone qualifies for plus a conquest lease (500), plus a TreadLightly FCA discount of 1% invoice (approx 630), then they threw in 4 ram-bucks coupons for additional $1000. Only thing i couldn't use was the Sam's club b/c they cant do that plus the treadlightly.
Final price was $55k even (20% msrp) so i was psyched about deal....excited to pick up my truck next tuesday!
As a note I did not have a trade-in, and i had my own financing so I was basically a cash-deal to them. My MA 6.25% tax was on top of that and a $75 dealer-ppwk fee.
It definitely helped being end of year and they were shooting for 500 cars in month of December...they are a high-vol dealer and one of the top in country.
Thanks again for all the great info in this forum....Happy 2019!

kbUSMC2012

Reaction score
Dealer Discounts are actually better than rebates. Rebates are applied instantly after the sale price so you end up paying taxes on rebates. But the discount lowers the actual sale price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just want to point out, this is not always true. It varies by state. For example, Texas, where my truck is registered, only taxes the final price after trade in and rebates. With a trade in of 28,500 and the price of the truck after rebates and dealer discounts at 33.5k, I only paid about 300 bucks in taxes even though I financed 36k with my 2500 in negative equity.

Beckteck

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your help the dealer told me the truck I’m looking at is a special one that has an extra 1000 dollars off. I’m going to tell him tomorrow to keep it I’m waiting I think there’s a little meat left on the bone.

Jro

Reaction score
First post, been lurking for a while. Inquired about placing an order of a Laramie Longhorn and was told the options I wanted are not available. No ORP on Laramie, Longhorn or Limited. Also no two-tone paint on Longhorns available. Anybody have some inside info about when these may come back? There is a truck with every option I want except Ram boxes near me. Wondering if I should pull the trigger or wait it out.

staffcurtis

Reaction score
I wanted a longhorn with rambox, but they are impossible to find. I had to "settle" for a limited the way I wanted. I also wanted air ride, black/brown interior which is tough. If I found exactly what I wanted I would consider trading my limited for it.

Dreng

Reaction score
First post, been lurking for a while. Inquired about placing an order of a Laramie Longhorn and was told the options I wanted are not available. No ORP on Laramie, Longhorn or Limited. Also no two-tone paint on Longhorns available. Anybody have some inside info about when these may come back? There is a truck with every option I want except Ram boxes near me. Wondering if I should pull the trigger or wait it out.
I'd wait personally. Incentives are not the best right now and should be better towards end of Feb or early March as truck month ramps up.

Jro

Reaction score
I wanted a longhorn with rambox, but they are impossible to find. I had to "settle" for a limited the way I wanted. I also wanted air ride, black/brown interior which is tough. If I found exactly what I wanted I would consider trading my limited for it.

Dealer actually found me a Longhorn with black/brown interior, optioned out and with rambox and air ride. They didn't tell me where they found it, but it was ~800 miles away from me (North Louisiana). I prefer the tan and no air ride. Limited is a no go with kids (no white seats) and I don't want black leather seats.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Inside info, not me. But my dealer is trying to get an answer; said he'd call me back Wednesday noon at the latest.

Steelysam

Reaction score
looking to order a Laramie crew cab 4x4 with 6'4" box. Going with the 5.7 hemi, no e-torque, ivory 3 coat paint,
leather trim bucket seats in mountain brown/lt. frost beige, 3.92 rear axle ratio with limited slip, level 2 equipment group, rear wheelhouse liners, 33 gal fuel tank, power running boards, 20x9.0 premium paint/polish wheels and trailer brake control. MSRP comes in at $58,990. Currently working with 2 dealerships to see who will give me the best price. So far, the best I have is $52,984. That includes $1,695 destination fee and without any rebates or incentives. That comes out to $1251 below invoice. (FWP = $54,235). Might be able to get another $250 out of one of them. It works out to just over 10% off MSRP. With incentives available in March-April, I think the final price will be $48,000 to $49,000. I think I can live with that.

Last edited:

JayMann

Reaction score
looking to order a Laramie crew cab 4x4 with 6'4" box. Going with the 5.7 hemi, no e-torque, ivory 3 coat paint,
leather trim bucket seats in mountain brown/lt. frost beige, 3.92 rear axle ratio with limited slip, level 2 equipment group, rear wheelhouse liners, 33 gal fuel tank, power running boards, 20x9.0 premium paint/polish wheels and trailer brake control. MSRP comes in at $58,990. Currently working with 2 dealerships to see who will give me the best price. So far, the best I have is $52,984. That includes $1,695 destination fee and without any rebates or incentives. That comes out to $1251 below invoice. (FWP = $54,235). Might be able to get another $250 out of one of them. It works out to just over 10% off MSRP. With incentives available in March-April, I think the final price will be $48,000 to $49,000. I think I can live with that.

As long as you can get them to commit to that 48k off because yeah, 52k is terrible. Someone else on here said they were able to get them to agree to almost 10k off sticker BEFORE putting a deposit down or anything.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Ok question.... I placed my order on January third based off of this build sheet.... E85EC94B-5F51-4F9C-8B9E-CDE3DDB47C5F.png Then I got this sheet from him today informing me the price went up in a few items.... specifically base price, Hemi and 12” uconnect.... (highlighted) 338ADF81-EBDA-4C1C-BB94-7FEC5A97C92B.jpeg has anyone experienced this before? Is it normal? It’s only a couple hundred bucks but still....

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok question.... I placed my order on January third based off of this build sheet.... Then I got this sheet from him today informing me the price went up in a few items.... specifically base price, Hemi and 12” uconnect.... (highlighted)has anyone experienced this before? Is it normal? It’s only a couple hundred bucks but still....

I think the dealer messed up and trying to pass the costs to you.

Ask for a free tonneau cover to compensate.

c_l_phillips72

Reaction score
Please keep in mind, I purchased and took delivery on Dec. 12, 2018. I don't really want to know how bad of a deal I got, but here it is:

2019 Laramie 4WD - Sticker $52,995 including $1,695 destination fee
Total discounts including all rebates - $10,700
84 month warranty (whatever the top one is) - $1,250.00
GAP insurance - $463.00
Free oil changes for 3 years
Did not pay anything for the "Dealer Doc" fee (they tried charging $300.00 and I said I would pay nothing except like a $7.00 title fee)

Final price - $44,015

Creep0321

Reaction score
I think the dealer messed up and trying to pass the costs to you.

Ask for a free tonneau cover to compensate.

I mean I have the build sheet from the day i ordered....
1946368b1625e5e123f9f38b667f8ab4.jpg
and another one from today, note the highlighted sections...
8cfb7cbf7274864161595d607e7a18a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread