5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

FLFisherman

Reaction score
$68.5K?? Now, I'm not feeling so good about the 76K, haha. How the hell did you manage that?
He ordered it through Mark Dodge, so the pricing should work something like this:

$83,000 (sticker price/MSRP) - $10,375 (12.5% Mark Dodge custom order discount) - $726.25 (1% Tread Lightly discount on $72,625 discounted price) - $3,000 (current Consumer Cash incentive) - $1,000 (email bonus cash from Ram website) = $67,898.75 before tax, title, license

Sometimes a dealership might offer another 1% off the discounted price as part of the loyalty pricing (if you currently own another Chrysler-Dodge-Ram-Jeep product).

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
He ordered it through Mark Dodge, so the pricing should work something like this:

$83,000 (sticker price/MSRP) - $10,375 (12.5% Mark Dodge custom order discount) - $726.25 (1% Tread Lightly discount on $72,625 discounted price) - $3,000 (current Consumer Cash incentive) - $1,000 (email bonus cash from Ram website) = $67,898.75 before tax, title, license

Sometimes a dealership might offer another 1% off the discounted price as part of the loyalty pricing (if you currently own another Chrysler-Dodge-Ram-Jeep product).
Pretty close. Not looking at paperwork, but actual sticker was 83,130 and OTD was 68,488. Taxes at my local secretary of state.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

That all looks generally correct - only thing is that Loyalty Rebate is determined by RAM not by the dealerships. Right now it is on 2024 Bighorns and Laramies, but not Rebel/Limited/Longhorn.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score

While that’s a decent deal in today’s pricing… the other guy is also correct.

This is essentially 19% off, and back when COVID started, I bought my truck at 27% off and had one other offer that worked out to 31% off. Just came down to a preference in options. Besides the reduction in discounts, base MSRP has gone up significantly in that same timeframe. My same truck MSRP is around 10% higher in today’s pricing.

It is what it is… pre-COVID pricing isn’t ever coming back due to inflation, but I’m happy to see discounts are returning back now.

spyder

Reaction score
Considering what we get out of modern vehicles, the prices, even with inflation, aren't all that ridiculous. I paid ~42k for my Bighorn, and had a quote from Mark Dodge that was a few thousand more for a '24 set up exactly how I wanted it but I didn't want to wait for it to get built. It's a heckuva lot of truck for 42 grand. For you guys getting Laramies and Limiteds, those trucks are outfitted better than some of the luxury sedans you can get for similar price. I couldn't responsibly afford the truck I REALLY wanted, so I didn't buy it. I wasn't entitled to it and can't complain about the pricing just because it's more than I could swing. There's a lot of luxury stuff I want and choose not to buy so I can be responsible. I don't get mad about it. 🤷‍♂️

6of36

Reaction score
Considering what we get out of modern vehicles, the prices, even with inflation, aren't all that ridiculous. I paid ~42k for my Bighorn, and had a quote from Mark Dodge that was a few thousand more for a '24 set up exactly how I wanted it but I didn't want to wait for it to get built. It's a heckuva lot of truck for 42 grand. For you guys getting Laramies and Limiteds, those trucks are outfitted better than some of the luxury sedans you can get for similar price. I couldn't responsibly afford the truck I REALLY wanted, so I didn't buy it. I wasn't entitled to it and can't complain about the pricing just because it's more than I could swing. There's a lot of luxury stuff I want and choose not to buy so I can be responsible. I don't get mad about it. 🤷‍♂️
As my user name shows, this is my 36th vehicle. I'm old, and now I can afford luxury. Drove a lot of beaters, and then cheaper new cars. This may be the last truck I buy, so I went all out. I don't know how young people are going to make it, with the current inflation.

BrandonSmith

Reaction score
As my user name shows, this is my 36th vehicle. I'm old, and now I can afford luxury. Drove a lot of beaters, and then cheaper new cars. This may be the last truck I buy, so I went all out. I don't know how young people are going to make it, with the current inflation.
We will make it the same way people made it through the 40s... 50s... 70s... 80s... (which were all worse % wise than the current 20s). Inflation is not the end of the world.

6of36

Reaction score
We will make it the same way people made it through the 40s... 50s... 70s... 80s... (which were all worse % wise than the current 20s). Inflation is not the end of the world.
I don't know about that. My house doubled in value from 20 to 22. My girlfriends went up about 80%.

Jako

Reaction score
I don't know about that. My house doubled in value from 20 to 22. My girlfriends went up about 80%.
Housing costs started going up with the baby boomers (1946-1964) as they entered the market. If you were among the older boomers and prior age group you made out great. Today it is tougher than ever.
In 1988 I purchased land for approximately 1 1/2 years salary, today that same lot would be 5 years of salary. In 1990 to build was 4 years salary, today about 4-5 times. For me it was about 5 1/2 years of salary, for my sons about 9 to 10 times yearly salary.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If anyone can get the pop up for the $1k coupon can you PM me. Got a friend trying to complete his purchase and his expired and he can’t get it to come back. Thanks in advance!

6of36

Reaction score
Housing costs started going up with the baby boomers (1946-1964) as they entered the market. If you were among the older boomers and prior age group you made out great. Today it is tougher than ever.
In 1988 I purchased land for approximately 1 1/2 years salary, today that same lot would be 5 years of salary. In 1990 to build was 4 years salary, today about 4-5 times. For me it was about 5 1/2 years of salary, for my sons about 9 to 10 times yearly salary.

I bought my house 5 years ago. It doubled in price in one jump. It's in a vacation area. My girlfriends went up 80% in 10 years. A lot faster than historical rates.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If anyone can get the pop up for the $1k coupon can you PM me. Got a friend trying to complete his purchase and his expired and he can’t get it to come back. Thanks in advance!
Need to turn off all ad blockers, private browsing should work. By the time you finish a truck build it should of popped up.

6of36

Reaction score
Need to turn off all ad blockers, private browsing should work. By the time you finish a truck build it should of popped up.
I didn't clear everything, but at the bottom, the pop up I got, was to sign up for email list. They may have changed from instant coupon, to emailed coupon.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didn't clear everything, but at the bottom, the pop up I got, was to sign up for email list. They may have changed from instant coupon, to emailed coupon.
I went to go take a look and I got this when I typed in Ram trucks LOL.
I wonder how much Ford paid to get in above Ram on a search for Ram. F*cking Google.
1698603954657.png

daveomatic

Reaction score

It will still give you an instant code once you submit but it also links it to your email so the dealer can look up the offer via your email the same way other direct incentives work. FYI, it also shares your details with the nearest dealer so expect to start getting marketing emails from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online