5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally got it to pop up after changing pretty much everything...Edge browser (instead of Chrome) on a work computer that had never visited the site before, zip code from a different region (south instead of northeast), and just kept trying periodically. Not exactly sure which change did it, but eventually popped up. I think it was the zip code in my case.

If nothing else, maybe someone here who sees it consistently can enter your information and get you the code?
If anyone gets the link to pop up I would be appreciative if they can help. Thanks!

Sunman54

Reaction score
Here's a good one - A CJRD dealer advertised Ram 1500 Limiteds up to 20% off on their website. I checked and found one equipped just the way I would spec out. It was on their website at 10% off. So I called thinking I could get a little more than 10% (really didn't expect 20% off on a Limited). Salesman called back and the price was full MSRP. Yes full MSRP. I advised him of their website price at 10% off and he came back and said I should read the fine print as they could adjust based on market conditions despite what was posted on their website. It was full MSRP take it or leave it and if I waited the price was going to go above MSRP due to the strike and lack of inventory. I just hung up as I was not interested in dealing with that dealer. I know there are plenty of other dealers around in my area but this was one interesting case.

BrandonSmith

Reaction score
Here's a good one - A CJRD dealer advertised Ram 1500 Limiteds up to 20% off on their website. I checked and found one equipped just the way I would spec out. It was on their website at 10% off. So I called thinking I could get a little more than 10% (really didn't expect 20% off on a Limited). Salesman called back and the price was full MSRP. Yes full MSRP. I advised him of their website price at 10% off and he came back and said I should read the fine print as they could adjust based on market conditions despite what was posted on their website. It was full MSRP take it or leave it and if I waited the price was going to go above MSRP due to the strike and lack of inventory. I just hung up as I was not interested in dealing with that dealer. I know there are plenty of other dealers around in my area but this was one interesting case.
Another ploy they like to use is listing the vehicle with standard equipment on the website and then installing $$$$ worth of dealer "upgrades" that they won't remove.

Runagun

Reaction score
I'd always use the Internet team. Send a requiry on the website and let them get back to you. Best option is to contact Mark dodge and buy from them. If you need it shipped they can arrange that too.

daveomatic

Reaction score

It’s amazing to me that so many dealers are so openly hostile and condescending to their customer base. Apparently there is just a huge amount of people that put up with it and don’t want the hassle of researching or shopping around.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. Dealer said the discount will be reduced if I take out the 2.5k dealer add in and the 3k rebate already included in the discount . I live in Houston so I guess I will get one from MD. I was trying to get $1000 TDM online but no luck after I try many times by clearing catche and changing zip code.
Mind if I ask which dealer in Houston you were working with? I've dealt with Gillman, Mac Haik and Northwest CJDR which all play this game. MD is the way to go IMHO.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just picked mine up from MD Tuesday. They are great to work with. Salesman, finance man, and sales manager all want to shake your hand, and tell you to let them know if there is anything they can do. Sticker $83,130, paid $68,488 and they picked me up fro Houston airport. Got back in Mi. last night. 1394 miles on it in 3 days.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just picked mine up from MD Tuesday. They are great to work with. Salesman, finance man, and sales manager all want to shake your hand, and tell you to let them know if there is anything they can do. Sticker $83,130, paid $68,488 and they picked me up fro Houston airport. Got back in Mi. last night. 1394 miles on it in 3 days.
I pick mine up on Wednesday. They have been a pleasure to work with and the best vehicle buying experience other than the one vehicle I purchased through AAFES while stationed overseas in the 90's.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
ram dealers are really pulling some shady stuff, you know sales are bad overall when im getting gmc and chevy to match ram pricing

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
That's wicked. You tell him that the truck plants aren't on strike?

VinceCDA

Reaction score
First post here. Driving an '09 1500 SLT now, taking possession of a 2024 1500 Limited Elite in a week or two. MSRP was $83,345 (inc. destination), got it for $76,437 after dealer fees (not inc. sales tax). Looking forward to participating in this community! Vince

6of36

Reaction score
First post here. Driving an '09 1500 SLT now, taking possession of a 2024 1500 Limited Elite in a week or two. MSRP was $83,345 (inc. destination), got it for $76,437 after dealer fees (not inc. sales tax). Looking forward to participating in this community! Vince
Welcome. You are paying about the friends and family discount price.

VinceCDA

Reaction score
Thanks, that is reassuring. Pretty damn similar set up to yours, it seems, but in granite crystal with 3.92 anti-spin.

runamuck

Reaction score
I am amazed that 76,000$ for a 1500 is considered a good thing. Ahh the good ole days of 2019 when I bought a new 57,775$ laramie 1500 4x4 ccsb/ 5.7/ 3.92/ ORP/ 33gal tank/ e-locker/nav/ sport hood and just about every other option for 43,000$ out the door.

doc-guillermo

Reaction score
I am amazed that 76,000$ for a 1500 is considered a good thing. Ahh the good ole days of 2019 when I bought a new 57,775$ laramie 1500 4x4 ccsb/ 5.7/ 3.92/ ORP/ 33gal tank/ e-locker/nav/ sport hood and just about every other option for 43,000$ out the door.

I was looking through this thread for nostalgia’s sake and my mind is blown. 2019 5th gen’s in laramie and limited packages were easy to get sub $50k. now we are thinking less than $70k is a good deal on basically the same truck 4 years later. That’s way more than ~29% inflation due to the pandemic and RAM lots are full of trucks that aren’t moving. this is a self destructive business model!

6of36

Reaction score
I was looking through this thread for nostalgia’s sake and my mind is blown. 2019 5th gen’s in laramie and limited packages were easy to get sub $50k. now we are thinking less than $70k is a good deal on basically the same truck 4 years later. That’s way more than ~29% inflation due to the pandemic and RAM lots are full of trucks that aren’t moving. this is a self destructive business model!
Don't blame the inflation on the pandemic, but you are talking Laramies, and we are talking Limiteds. The rise in price is actually less than the rise in inflation. I did a build and price comparing my 20 Laramie to a 23 Laramie, identcally equipped, before I ordered my 24, and the difference was 19%.

BowDown

Reaction score

It’s amazing to me that so many dealers are so openly hostile and condescending to their customer base. Apparently there is just a huge amount of people that put up with it and don’t want the hassle of researching or shopping around.

ram dealers are really pulling some shady stuff, you know sales are bad overall when im getting gmc and chevy to match ram pricing

Sad to see that nothing has changed from three years ago. These dealers are still shady AF and what's worse, they don't care that you know. If I were buying today, I'd go through Mark Dodge or my broker again that finally got my deal done 2020

BowDown

Reaction score

Both true. In 2020 I could have bought a Limited level 1, the truck in my sig for 48k + TTL. I didn't and gambled on covid driving prices down but the opposite happened and I was finally able to get a deal I was comfortable with on the same truck for 54k out the door.

Today my truck would have an MSRP of 75k and I could probably get out for around 65-68k, thats a 25% increase and had I bought at 48K, it'd be a 41% increase from 2020 to now on the same limited. It's amazing how much prices on these trucks have increased and IMO part of that was/is all the hype of how much better the 5th Gen Ram was over Ford and Chevy/GM and Ram dealers chasing Ford and GM pricing because they could.
I had the sales manager/co-owner of River Oaks in Houston tell me exactly that

6of36

Reaction score
Both true. In 2020 I could have bought a Limited level 1, the truck in my sig for 48k + TTL. I didn't and gambled on covid driving prices down but the opposite happened and I was finally able to get a deal I was comfortable with on the same truck for 54k out the door.

Today my truck would have an MSRP of 75k and I could probably get out for around 65-68k, thats a 25% increase and had I bought at 48K, it'd be a 41% increase from 2020 to now on the same limited
I just got an 83,000 sticker for 68.5, so re figure your numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread