5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Derek916

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I've been visiting the website fairly frequently for weeks looking for the TDM pop-up, but I haven't seen it since around the time I ordered back in July. Has anyone actually seen it recently?

I'm picking my truck up on Saturday morning and have a feeling that I'm going to miss out...
Changing my zip code to Texas is what worked for me. I am in California.

Disable Pop-ups
Click on everything
Leave up multiple different browsers (Chrome, FireFox etc)
Leave up Incognito mode

It's just like fishing!

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
what is you order, how does a trade in negotiation work?
We do remote appraisals based on vin #, mileage, and a few photos - better to do that closer to time of delivery since the market for used vehicles has been rather volatile.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When you say 'changed the info' what do you mean? built a different model/trim?
I see others have answered. I logged off right after I wrote that. Just make any change, so it looks like a new build. I have changed zip code, email, different build.

nick8844

Reaction score
New member here and first time looking to buy a RAM truck. I have an offer 2024 RAM 1500 limited with options, MSRP $79,875. The dealer offers me $66,000 + $2500 dealer add in +TTL and 6.9% interest with 60 months. Is it a good deal or I should wait for another few months for better rebate? Thanks

6of36

Reaction score
New member here and first time looking to buy a RAM truck. I have an offer 2024 RAM 1500 limited with options, MSRP $79,875. The dealer offers me $66,000 + $2500 dealer add in +TTL and 6.9% interest with 60 months. Is it a good deal or I should wait for another few months for better rebate? Thanks
What do you mean $2,500 dealer add in?

dannydyn

Reaction score
Windshield protection, wheel lock, LoJack etc.

He's taking you for a ride....
  • Windshield protection you can get through your insurance company in the form of full glass coverage for a fraction of the cost.
  • Wheel locks are also a waste of money. Any thief who has a half brain will take the wheels off the truck in under 5 minutes, with or without locks. And if you really wanted locks, you can get them on Amazon for cheap.
  • LoJack - that too, you can find a local installer for a fraction of the cost. You can also subscribe to the Uconnect service through the RAM app, and locate your vehicle that way.

Those items aside, you can do better. For starters - your dealer is either unaware or just not telling you, but currently RAM is running a $3,000 off national rebate, plus another $1,000 coupon you get online. That's an additional $4,000 off the price right there.

And even with those accounted for, I think you can do much better than that if you are willing to travel. Two dealers that come highly rated here and whose prices you won't be able to beat anywhere else are: Mark Dodge CDJR down in Louisiana and Koons CDJR in Virginia. When I shopped their quote with my local dealers, I was laughed at and was told I was being scammed. One of my local dealers wanted to know where I got that quote from, saying if that quote is real he was going to place and order with them himself. Their prices were pretty much identical, but I went with Koons for the sole reason that Koons was closer to me (5 hour drive back vs. 24 hour drive from Mark Dodge). Anthony (@AnthonyRI here on the forum) from Mark Dodge is super friendly and knowledgable person to deal with. It was truly a pleasure, even though I ended up buying from Koons - again, only because Koons was closer.

Good luck man. But if you ask me, go to either MD or Koons. They won't be beat price wise - even with travel factored in. Not even close.

Last edited:

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
  • Windshield protection you can get through your insurance company in the form of full glass coverage for a fraction of the cost.
  • Wheel locks are also a waste of money. Any thief who has a half brain will take the wheels off the truck in under 5 minutes, with or without locks. And if you really wanted locks, you can get them on Amazon for cheap.
  • LoJack - that too, you can find a local installer for a fraction of the cost. You can also subscribe to the Uconnect service through the RAM app, and locate your vehicle that way.

Those items aside, you can do better. For starters - your dealer is either unaware or just not telling you, but currently RAM is running a $3,000 off national rebate, plus another $1,000 coupon you get online. That's an additional $4,000 off the price right there.

And even with those accounted for, I think you can do much better than that if you are willing to travel. Two dealers that come highly rated here and whose prices you won't be able to beat anywhere else are: Mark Dodge CDJR down in Louisiana and Koons CDJR in Virginia. When I shopped their quote with my local dealers, I was laughed at and was told I was being scammed. Their prices were pretty much identical, but I went with Koons for the sole reason that Koons was closer to me (5 hour drive back vs. 24 hour drive from Mark Dodge). Anthony (@AnthonyRI here on the forum) from Mark Dodge is super friendly and knowledgable person to deal with. It was truly a pleasure, even though I ended up buying from Koons - again, only because Koons was closer.

Good luck man. But if you ask me, go to either MD or Koons. They won't be beat price wise - even with travel factored in. Not even close.
I second this. My new 24 is just about to the dealership for me to go pick up and the price is the best I have found.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Dealer add-in is just a gigantic red flag! No need for that. Immediately post-Covid customers were getting killed by flat markups, and that didn't last long before it became taboo (though still happens, I don't see it on regular Rams anywhere). Instead, now we see big discounts advertised, but they're not telling you necessarily what was THEIR discount versus rebates. And then they addin overpriced "mop and slop" to make up for it. Sheesh!

nick8844

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. Dealer said the discount will be reduced if I take out the 2.5k dealer add in and the 3k rebate already included in the discount . I live in Houston so I guess I will get one from MD. I was trying to get $1000 TDM online but no luck after I try many times by clearing catche and changing zip code.

BrandonSmith

Reaction score
Windshield protection, wheel lock, LoJack etc.

And even with those accounted for, I think you can do much better than that if you are willing to travel. Two dealers that come highly rated here and whose prices you won't be able to beat anywhere else are: Mark Dodge CDJR down in Louisiana and Koons CDJR in Virginia. When I shopped their quote with my local dealers, I was laughed at and was told I was being scammed. One of my local dealers wanted to know where I got that quote from, saying if that quote is real he was going to place and order with them himself. Their prices were pretty much identical, but I went with Koons for the sole reason that Koons was closer to me (5 hour drive back vs. 24 hour drive from Mark Dodge). Anthony (@AnthonyRI here on the forum) from Mark Dodge is super friendly and knowledgable person to deal with. It was truly a pleasure, even though I ended up buying from Koons - again, only because Koons was closer.

You: "I don't want those items."
Dealer: "Well they're already installed."
You: "Okay, I'll go somewhere else!"

disarm

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. Dealer said the discount will be reduced if I take out the 2.5k dealer add in and the 3k rebate already included in the discount . I live in Houston so I guess I will get one from MD. I was trying to get $1000 TDM online but no luck after I try many times by clearing catche and changing zip code.

That dealer isn't giving you a discount if they're forcing you to pay in other ways. All those supposed "add-ins" barely cost them anything, and that's assuming they are actually even doing anything. Run far away and buy from one of the reputable guys already mentioned here.

Last edited:

6of36

Reaction score
Did you know, that living in Houston, if you find what you like at MD, they will pick you up, or they will deliver it to you? 250 miles is free. I'm flying Tuesday, from Michigan to IAH, and they are picking me up there, and taking me to the dealership, to get my truck.

disarm

Reaction score
I brought my loaded Limited 4x4 home from Koons yesterday

MSRP $86,055, Invoice $80,170

Dealer offer was 6.2% below invoice, plus another 1.5% off for Tread Lightly affiliation. I was also eligible for the $3,000 cash allowance and $1,000 TDM.

Final price was 7.7% off invoice, minus $4k in incentives...came out to $69,997 or 18.7% below MSRP.

After tax, title and fees, I was out the door for $3k below invoice price...and my local dealer in CT refused to go lower than $1k off the sticker.

I can't give the team at Koons great marks for friendliness or customer service while I was there to seal the deal, but I can't say that I really care when I saved that much money...and I think that's something of which they're well aware.

RedFred

Reaction score
I can't give the team at Koons great marks for friendliness or customer service while I was there to seal the deal, but I can't say that I really care when I saved that much money...and I think that's something of which they're well aware.

I feel more respected when someone is giving me a good deal and is just being themselves, compared to someone who is pretending to be nice and trying to rip me off.

Anyway, nice deal on the truck.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I brought my loaded Limited 4x4 home from Koons yesterday

MSRP $86,055, Invoice $80,170

Dealer offer was 6.2% below invoice, plus another 1.5% off for Tread Lightly affiliation. I was also eligible for the $3,000 cash allowance and $1,000 TDM.

Final price was 7.7% off invoice, minus $4k in incentives...came out to $69,997 or 18.7% below MSRP.

After tax, title and fees, I was out the door for $3k below invoice price...and my local dealer in CT refused to go lower than $1k off the sticker.

I can't get the TDM $1K to pop up no matter what I tried. Cleared cache, changed zip code, different browser... No luck..

disarm

Reaction score
I can't get the TDM $1K to pop up no matter what I tried. Cleared cache, changed zip code, different browser... No luck..

I finally got it to pop up after changing pretty much everything...Edge browser (instead of Chrome) on a work computer that had never visited the site before, zip code from a different region (south instead of northeast), and just kept trying periodically. Not exactly sure which change did it, but eventually popped up. I think it was the zip code in my case.

If nothing else, maybe someone here who sees it consistently can enter your information and get you the code?

Users who are viewing this thread