5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jackham

Reaction score
New to this forum, bought 2019 1500 Limited two weeks ago. MSRP $66,750, Rebates and Dealer discount brought the price down to $53,000 even. Of course this is before tax/title/tags. Located in Grosse Ile Michigan, dealer was in Woodhaven. No Trade
Where is your delivery fee figured in their?

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't know, they sold me the truck for $53,000, I assume its included. They even gave me a tonneau cover. Plus, I walked in the door and asked them if they could find me one in white. They had a black one on the lot. They brought me in a white truck the next day. Not trying to BS anyone on the forum. There are no other hidden fees left out to make my deal look sweeter than it is. Just passing on my experience at the dealer in Woodhaven. Salesman's name is Kasey if anybody is looking for a good deal.

Kamikaze6780

Reaction score
Well it is what it is. I already know people here think I am bs'ing but honestly I don't have to prove a thing to them so I just let them think whatever. In the end, this topic is what it is but if people have a problem, that's their own issue. Haha

Last edited:

Jackham

Reaction score
I wonder, is the delivery fee the same all cross the country?

JLUR_

Reaction score
I guess I can add mine to the pile now.

2019 Laramie Crew Cab 5'7" Bed w/ 5.7 Hemi.
$62,385 MSRP
$54,800 before incentives & TTL so roughly 4.5% below invoice.
Truck is a custom order so I'm hopeful that I'll take delivery in February for the Truck Month rebates.

grafnburgz

Reaction score
Adding my numbers to the pot to help anyone out.

2019 Limited
MSRP 67355
Selling Price 53796 + TT&L (including rebates of 3750)

No dealer add-ons, no funny fees. Straight up sale, no pressure, no negotiating back and forth needed.
Had a trade, but they gave me 1000 over KBB value despite some minor damage on the car.

Anyone interested it's Meador dealership in south Forth Worth, TX. The price on website is the price they sell at. I managed to get them to add 1000 for truck owner's conquest rebate and 500 with Sam's Club rebate in addition to website price.

Creep0321

Reaction score
New to this forum, bought 2019 1500 Limited two weeks ago. MSRP $66,750, Rebates and Dealer discount brought the price down to $53,000 even. Of course this is before tax/title/tags. Located in Grosse Ile Michigan, dealer was in Woodhaven. No Trade
Enjoy the truck! What do you fly?

glennf14

Reaction score
That was a serious question regarding qualifying for 0%. I've tried to find ways to get pre-approved without having to do it at the dealership, and have been unable. I'm fairly confident in my credit score but I'd rather be positive than confident.
I think the Chrysler Capital website has a pre approval process, but you’ll have to check. I saw some paperwork at another dealership that mentioned the 0% was for “Tier 1/2” credit. I’m pretty sure a Tier 1 is 780 and above. And Tier 2, I’m not sure, but I’d guess it’s something like 730 to 780 roughly. My salesperson mentioned that the underwriter usually just checks to see if the monthly truck payment would be less than 15% of your gross monthly income.

V8Spock

Reaction score
I did the one with Capital, and received "pre-approval" for an amount up to $X but I didn't receive pre-approval for the 0% financing. Did you get pre-approval for the rate?

Adding to the 0.0% discussion. I tried the Chrysler Capital pre-approved route too. It instantly showed me an amount I was pre-qualified for, not pre-approved for. Also, no mention of any rates.

It wasn’t until I nailed down the actual OTD price over the phone and walked in the dealership for delivery that they ran the numbers through Chrysler. The salesman was very, very hesitant to discuss 0.0%. I insisted and escalated to the SM and then the GM. He took care of it personally.

During the phone negotiations, the salesman did offer to start the financing process to speed things up. I didn’t feel comfortable giving my SSN so early in the process and I waited. Approval process took about 15 minutes in the dealership.

Hope this helps.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
I guess I can add mine to the pile now.

2019 Laramie Crew Cab 5'7" Bed w/ 5.7 Hemi.
$62,385 MSRP
$54,800 before incentives & TTL so roughly 4.5% below invoice.
Truck is a custom order so I'm hopeful that I'll take delivery in February for the Truck Month rebates.

Isn't March usually truck month for RAM?

JLUR_

Reaction score
Isn't March usually truck month for RAM?

I don't know if it changes regionally but here in OK it was February last year.
Out of curiosity I googled "2018 Ram Truck Month" and different dealers around the nation had stuff ranging from January to April lol.

JayMann

Reaction score
Just checked the incentives page and I REALLY hope they're going to wait a day or two before updating and not that they are sticking with what's there right now (only one terrible lease offer and no purchasing offers) because if so, I'm going to have to lube up lol

JLUR_

Reaction score
Just checked the incentives page and I REALLY hope they're going to wait a day or two before updating and not that they are sticking with what's there right now (only one terrible lease offer and no purchasing offers) because if so, I'm going to have to lube up lol

FCA did the same thing last month. It took them about a day after the old incentives expired to update the page to show the newest incentives. I'd hold off on the butt-prep until tomorrow morning.

JayMann

Reaction score
FCA did the same thing last month. It took them about a day after the old incentives expired to update the page to show the newest incentives. I'd hold off on the butt-prep until tomorrow morning.

Good to hear. I should be getting the title for my current car in the mail any day now so I'll be busy cleaning it and snapping some pics for the ad. Let's see how it goes!

staffcurtis

Reaction score
One other thing. I notice some dealers charge a destination charge or delivery fee. Mine didn't have that charge at all. I think it maybe something to help pad their profits even though it sounds believable.

JayMann

Reaction score
One other thing. I notice some dealers charge a destination charge or delivery fee. Mine didn't have that charge at all. I think it maybe something to help pad their profits even though it sounds believable.

If you're talking about the 1,645, that's standard accross all brands. Most have it included in the window sticker. I know for sure that Ram and Ford do, I think Chevy do as well.

professorwest

Reaction score
How did you do on negotiations? Saw you ordered a couple of weeks ago.

I think I did exceptionally well

So the story goes like this ... I have MOPAR employee pricing (my sis works for Dodge) - I negotiated way back on Black Friday for a ram limited. Problem is, what I wanted didn't exist ... plus it was the value of my trade in. So, one of key elements was to change the color of the chrome bumpers to color match to the body. They said they would do it... all good right. So I put a deposit down before the end of black Friday to secure my order. Then I come in Mid December to complete (in theory I was hoping the incentives would increase, but alas they went backwards) so glad I had my order in. But, when I got to complete the transaction, they told me they screwed up the bumper and now I can't get the truck i had a deposit on, plus I brought in my bank check - I got a 60 month loan for 2.35%. So, at that point they said they would make this right and would charge me for what was going to pay , but I could order what I wanted... SO , I did - I ordered a loaded Ram Limited - got everything but the RAM box (didn't want it). So, in the end , with everything, I wanted for a really really good deal, and factory fresh. But now the waiting game.

rmonte4

Reaction score
Been lurking this thread for 3 months now since I decided to buy a RAM. Before that I was lurking on the F150 pricing thread for a couple months, but then test drove a RAM and nothing else stood a chance. The information here has helped me immensely so I do appreciate everyone that has posted good info, i figured i should do my part and add my data point.

I ordered my Big Horn/Lonestar yesterday (No Trade-in). I feel like I left ~$500 in dealer discounts on the table but Negotiating is not a strong quality of mine at all.

$52,230 MSRP (includes $1,695 destination)

$46,270 Price Negotiated / aka "Selling Price" This amounts to a $5,960 dealer discount off MSRP, or 11.4%.
($4,250) Hypothetical RAM Rebates had i just picked a truck off the lot, i will be subjected to whatever rebates are available at delivery.
($1,000) PenFed member rebate (just open an account with $1, 2 months before you purchase)
$346 Doc Fee & License/tags
$2,805 Texas Taxes

$44,171 OTD price

% below MSRP before TTL = 21.4% below msrp (with hypothetical RAM rebates)

Now to figure out my financing, basically im planning to finance with Chrysler to get the most rebates at the time of delivery and then will refinance a month or 2 later for a better rate. I plan to pay this off in 3yrs. Suggestions welcome.

tpetty

Reaction score
"($1,000) PenFed member rebate (just open an account with $1, 2 months before you purchase)"

Was this rebate something you were able to add to your own negotiated deal? It didn't require using pentagon's buying service?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online