5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
Not easy for people in the US to estimate with Canadian money. I don't think we have 8 year loans. 95,000 km is only 59,000 miles, not bad for 4 years, now 5 model years. There are 26 payments, paying bi weekly, so that is $10,400 a year, or $83,200 for 8 years. $23,800 is a lot of interest. I would check elsewhere to see what your truck is worth, whether they are offering fair trade, by just paying off.
Great insight, thank you for that

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2019 ram sport, around 95,000kms, runs like a dream. Has been in 2 accidents, insurance repaired, 21k total in the last year. There’s a dealership in Edmonton that is selling 2023 Rebels at almost 15k below suggested retail price. 75k suggested, now 60k!
They’re willing to take my vehicle, I’m paying 340 bi weekly, pay of the whats owing, new payments would 400 bi weekly but for 8 years, right now I have 4 years left. Would you guys trade in? This rebel is super sexy, but so is my sport! I’d pay just a little more then what I’ve been paying now, but would have to be committed to truck for 8 years.

I really like the look of the Rebel but have no need for a 4x4.
Your Blue 1500 looks amazing in the sports package.
Personally, over the life the loan, it isn't worth the cost to change simply because of the looks.
Granted people buy new ones each year or every other year simply because they like new, but they generally don't ask, they just buy.
Other financially conscious folks, sort know they may be doing something not so financially wise and seek validation. :D
If you have plenty of disposable income, go for it.

spyder

Reaction score
I think I found the truck I'm going to buy, and it's local. Or at least the local dealer (a little over an hour away, but that's local consiering where I live) said they'll have it here within a week. Price is good, incentives are good, it's got everything I wanted except for anti-spin or e locker, but I can live without that and throw in a limited slip later if I need it.
Bighorn V6 Level B Sport appearance (I could do without this, but am fine with it) and 3.55 gears with brake controller in Delmonico Red. Off to dig through my file cabinet to look for sales paperwork...
Guess I'm back on the hunt. The dealership said they should be able to get the truck by this weekend. I've emailed and called a couple times and gotten no response since then. Actually got the salesman I was dealing with on the phone 2 days ago and he said he'd look in to it and call me back in a few minutes. No call back.

They could at least call and say that it sold or they weren't able to get it...

spyder

Reaction score
Think I finally found the one I'm going with. Not exactly what I wanted but the price went low enough while talking to the dealer that I'll survive. I can upgrade the speakers later...or just live with the stock 6 speaker system. And I don't HAVE to have a 33 gallon tank.

Bighorn MSRP of 55,745 after dealer and discount for 42,612, and they offered 2k more on my trade in than I expected. I thought about selling private party to maximize current vehicle sale price but it's not worth the hassle to me during hunting season. Too busy to deal with tire kickers and missed archery hunts! I love my Rebel, but the short bed is just not cutting it for me with too many home improvement projects...and last fall when we tried to stick 2 elk and a big mule deer in it, too many hoofs and horns were hanging out the sides.

canarygrass

Reaction score
Finalized purchase today of a 2023 limited from Mark Dodge.

MSRP of $80,805. Dealer discount of $11,000 plus $4,000 national rebate and $1,750 TDM coupon from Ramtrucks.com for a net price of $64,055 (20% off). I was able to drop my trade off at a local auction house as part of the deal and they are shipping the new truck to my door.

I can't say enough about how easy they are to do business with. Now I'm looking forward to the new truck, with the sea salt interior!

Derek916

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I reactivate my Tread Lightly if I will have to wait 30 days for a FCA code?

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I reactivate my Tread Lightly if I will have to wait 30 days for a FCA code?
Yes you have to wait 30 days.

Please note that according to FCA US policy, you must be an individual $100 member for at least 30 days to qualify for the FCA US Affiliate Rewards new vehicle discount and you must provide a copy of your membership letter to your dealer to use the discount.

Noway

Reaction score

MSRP of $80,805. Dealer discount of $11,000 plus $4,000 national rebate and $1,750 TDM coupon from Ramtrucks.com for a net price of $64,055 (20% off). I was able to drop my trade off at a local auction house as part of the deal and they are shipping the new truck to my door.

I can't say enough about how easy they are to do business with. Now I'm looking forward to the new truck, with the sea salt interior!
they also have this for 55k after 1% thread lightly and 1k ram coupon that expires sept 3rd and not listed on the site plus the 11k off shown already..it's a good deal imo

msg @AnthonyRI he works for them

Last edited:

Derek916

Reaction score

How did you get the TDM coupon? I am clicking through web pages on the website trying to get it to pop up.

canarygrass

Reaction score
were they fair on trade value?
They were absolutely fair. More than carvana and in line with another dealer I looked at. They also gave me an option for a slightly higher trade value if I dropped off at their dealership or shipped to them instead of taking it to Manheim (which I ultimately declined). Good guys to work with.

dannydyn

Reaction score
You'll get your membership number fairly quick but you can't use it for 30 days. My understanding though is that you can place the order immediately. By the time the truck comes it will have definitely been more than 30 days, and the dealer can apply the discount at the time you take delivery of the truck.

dannydyn

Reaction score

What is the TDMS coupon you're referring to? And is it only valid for 2023 models?

Users who are viewing this thread