5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw a Houston dealer with a limited marked 20% off.
Yes, and then when you go into the dealership they hit you with their $2995 add on...Mac Haik, Autonation, Gillman, Helfman, Southfork, Gulfgate and Finnegan are all advertising with 20% off but then nail you to the wall when you get into the dealership via their add on and/or low balling your trade. Buyers beware of the ads...miss the good old days of 2015 to 2019.

BTS_Elko

Reaction score
New member here...looking to purchase a Ram 1500 Big Horn...ideally with the Built to Serve package. Love the Hydro Blue ones in particular but the are getting a little harder to find and those dealers that have them do not seem to be moving on price (trying to shoot for ~$50K before TT&L) and ideally I'd like to order one so I can get specific options (33 gallon fuel tank, engine block heater, etc.).

Does anyone know when Ram releases their "special editions" for the new MY / when the order books open for those specific special editions?

I just missed the 2023s and my understanding is the 2024 order books are now open.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
New member here...looking to purchase a Ram 1500 Big Horn...ideally with the Built to Serve package. Love the Hydro Blue ones in particular but the are getting a little harder to find and those dealers that have them do not seem to be moving on price (trying to shoot for ~$50K before TT&L) and ideally I'd like to order one so I can get specific options (33 gallon fuel tank, engine block heater, etc.).

Does anyone know when Ram releases their "special editions" for the new MY / when the order books open for those specific special editions?

I just missed the 2023s and my understanding is the 2024 order books are now open.
Contact Anthoni Boi here from Mark Dodge for custom orders.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are about a million ways to calculate the increase in prices over the years but for me on an individual level it all comes down to sale price after negotiations and discounts. MSRP doesn't really matter to me because I don't pay MSRP. I've had 4 Ram 1500's and every trade has resulted in upgraded features as well as increased prices so from my 2014 - 2023 price paid increased almost 36% but my 2023 is much nicer in a million ways than my 2014.

2014 BH QC V6 = $34,058.29 (MSRP $40,200.00) 15.3% off

2019 BH CC V8 = $39,111.40 (MSRP $50,295.00) 22% off

2021 Laramie CC V8 = $49,843.00 (MSRP $56,350) 11.5% off

2023 Laramie CC V8 = $52,990.00 (MSRP $69,630) 23.9% off

Last edited:

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Anyone see new incentives coming out? Local dealers in NC are showing $4K national rebate, even on limiteds. That combined with their eagerness to move 23 models is starting to make the price look pretty very tempting!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone see new incentives coming out? Local dealers in NC are showing $4K national rebate, even on limiteds. That combined with their eagerness to move 23 models is starting to make the price look pretty very tempting!
My local dealer is also throwing on between $5-$8,000 discounts on top of that. Haven’t seen that here since pre-Covid. Looks like they’re getting desperate to move trucks finally. The tide is turning.

RedFred

Reaction score
The new incentives come out the beginning of each month. So we probably won't see any changes until a few days into September.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
The new incentives come out the beginning of each month. So we probably won't see any changes until a few days into September.
Im referring to the current incentive being offered, which must be new for August. Normally, people are quick to post here and I just havent seen anything yet.
Im pretty sure a $4k factory incentive that applies to Limited trim level is the biggest one they have offered in a long time.

RedFred

Reaction score

I inquired with Mark Dodge once about the Built To Serve edition and custom ordering it with the options I wanted. At the time, I was told that I could not custom order one, and that with the BTS editions the dealerships just got whatever they were given from Ram and that they were all pretty much optioned the same. At the time they had one in transit on the way to them, but it was not optioned with some of my must haves, so it was a pass for me. This was a few months ago.

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
I inquired with Mark Dodge once about the Built To Serve edition and custom ordering it with the options I wanted. At the time, I was told that I could not custom order one, and that with the BTS editions the dealerships just got whatever they were given from Ram and that they were all pretty much optioned the same. At the time they had one in transit on the way to them, but it was not optioned with some of my must haves, so it was a pass for me. This was a few months ago.
Yea $4k off of everything except the TRX this month. That’s a better deal on the higher trims but last month was 10% off big horns which was a larger discount.

emings

Reaction score
Yes, and then when you go into the dealership they hit you with their $2995 add on...Mac Haik, Autonation, Gillman, Helfman, Southfork, Gulfgate and Finnegan are all advertising with 20% off but then nail you to the wall when you get into the dealership via their add on and/or low balling your trade. Buyers beware of the ads...miss the good old days of 2015 to 2019.
I was hit with both at Gillman (the 2995 add on and the low ball offer on trade which made the truck after incentives almost at MSRP)...I was hit with it after walking into financing the exact comment was...."oh we had to change your deal" I would have walked out had it not been the exact truck I was looking for (lonestar edition with the 12 inch screen patriot blue color which during covid was hard to find) I still have the truck but there's no way I would ever buy from Gillman again

RedFred

Reaction score
I was hit with both at Gillman (the 2995 add on and the low ball offer on trade which made the truck after incentives almost at MSRP)...I was hit with it after walking into financing the exact comment was...."oh we had to change your deal" I would have walked out had it not been the exact truck I was looking for (lonestar edition with the 12 inch screen patriot blue color which during covid was hard to find) I still have the truck but there's no way I would ever buy from Gillman again
You should have walked out. They played you and you let them. If you did walk out, they probably would have been calling you back and honored the original deal. And if not, it's just a matter of sticking up for yourself and principles. The reason dealerships do this is because people allow them to get away with it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You should have walked out. They played you and you let them. If you did walk out, they probably would have been calling you back and honored the original deal. And if not, it's just a matter of sticking up for yourself and principles. The reason dealerships do this is because people allow them to get away with it.
Yep. Need to speak with your money.
Now next time they know it's ok to screw someone over again because they let it happen.
They should of walked.

This is why so many big companies crap on consumers as they know they can get away with it.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Im referring to the current incentive being offered, which must be new for August. Normally, people are quick to post here and I just havent seen anything yet.
Im pretty sure a $4k factory incentive that applies to Limited trim level is the biggest one they have offered in a long time.
Yes it is VERY rare to see the reabte on the limited/longhorn/rebel lineup for 1500s - we're happy to have it -and it sounds like a lot of dealers out there are as well. now of course this is for 2023s, so the folks who ordered 2023s right at end of model year are catching this, along with instocks on the lot.

spyder

Reaction score
Looking at a Big Horn right now set up the way I want it except anti spin rear end that I'm thinking pretty hard about getting, that just popped up at a local dealer to me. I can live without the limited slip, although I read several places that people had installed an Eaton or similar with good results for not much more than the factory one is on a build. I was ready to fly down to Mark or up to Dave Smith or one of a couple other places that had trucks in stock I liked, but local saves me days of travel and fuel and miles and airfare.

Window sticker shows $55k for it, but if I build the exact same one on the Build A Ram page, it comes out to $52k. Is that just mid-year price adjustments that don't get updated on the Ram webpage? What am I missing?
Dealer price is Window Sticker MSRP -$5k if I go with 2.9%, and -$10.5k if I take all the available incentives. I'll run the numbers both ways and see which one is better for me, probably go with all the incentives and pay cash for half of the truck and finance the rest through my credit union as they're offering a pretty good rate, for current day.

Of course, I'd much rather pay the Build A Ram quoted MSRP minus ~20%, so I'm curious why the discrepancy of ~8%. Any ideas?

They also offered more for trade-in on my Rebel, which makes it enough to just trade it in and not have to deal with the hassle of finding a private party buyer.

RedFred

Reaction score
Looking at a Big Horn right now set up the way I want it except anti spin rear end that I'm thinking pretty hard about getting, that just popped up at a local dealer to me. I can live without the limited slip, although I read several places that people had installed an Eaton or similar with good results for not much more than the factory one is on a build. I was ready to fly down to Mark or up to Dave Smith or one of a couple other places that had trucks in stock I liked, but local saves me days of travel and fuel and miles and airfare.

Window sticker shows $55k for it, but if I build the exact same one on the Build A Ram page, it comes out to $52k. Is that just mid-year price adjustments that don't get updated on the Ram webpage? What am I missing?
Dealer price is Window Sticker MSRP -$5k if I go with 2.9%, and -$10.5k if I take all the available incentives. I'll run the numbers both ways and see which one is better for me, probably go with all the incentives and pay cash for half of the truck and finance the rest through my credit union as they're offering a pretty good rate, for current day.

Of course, I'd much rather pay the Build A Ram quoted MSRP minus ~20%, so I'm curious why the discrepancy of ~8%. Any ideas?

They also offered more for trade-in on my Rebel, which makes it enough to just trade it in and not have to deal with the hassle of finding a private party buyer.
When using the RamTrucks.com build and price, make sure you click the "i" next to the build price for more details. The price shown in the box, already has some incentives and rebates factored into the price they are showing you. It's very misleading because that price is not the MSRP. Click the "i" next to the price and it will show what rebates they already subtracted to get you that price, so you can figure out what the real MSRP is.

spyder

Reaction score
Ahhh, got it. Similar to what I was expecting. Thanks!

Edited: Perfect, that actually shows that the window sticker price is a bit under what the Build A Ram MSRP pre-incentive would be. Thank you.

99% sure I'll buy that truck now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread