5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi All - I received an email this week from Ram with a unique code giving me a private bonus cash allowance of $2.5k on the 1500 or $2k on the 2500. It does say it can be used on top of current incentives. I am familiar with the similar offers from Ford and, as I understand, those are true cash rebates that the manufacturer reimburses the dealer 100% so I am wondering if the same applies here? Just asking because I remember with the Ford offers, some dealerships would try to pocket it and say they won't stack offers. Wondering what to expect if I bring this into a dealer.

Thanks in advance. I had a 2020 1500 Laramie but downsized to a sedan for the last 1+ year as the used value of the Ram was too good to be true. Missing my truck now and thinking about going back,
In my recent experience it all depends on the dealership - find a good one and they can be very honest about the different incentives and can show you in their computer what stacks and what doesn't. My dealer ran multiple scenarios for the available incentives as well as purchase vs lease so I could look at pro/con of each situation and make a decision. I also highly recommend starting out only discussing purchase price, then once that is established and only then ask about incentives and make sure they are truthful.

mtnbikej

Reaction score
You have to appreciate their attention to detail. It's a 2023 Lunar Edition, but under "Info" it's listed as Granite Crystal Exterior.

View attachment 163128

Based on my own experience and the reveiws on Yelp......most likely Bait and Switch. They will just lie to you, tell you whatever you want to hear to get you on the lot, then try to sell you something else.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Based on my own experience and the reveiws on Yelp......most likely Bait and Switch. They will just lie to you, tell you whatever you want to hear to get you on the lot, then try to sell you something else.
It's not a bait and switch, when they actually have a picture of the truck. They just list the color wrong.

6of36

Reaction score
That doesn't make any sense. The color is Ceramic Grey and every ad I've looked at, (dozens) had the color listed correctly.
When you look at their site, under all vehicles, they list nine choices, and ceramic isn't listed. It's a special color, that isn't one of their options. Different dealers may have their sites up differently. They do have a choice for other though, and should have picked that choice.

6of36

Reaction score
Like I said, I have looked at dozens of ads for Lunar Edition TRX's and every one of them listed the color as Ceramic Grey. It is a color option available for them to select, just like it is for all Ram dealers. Before that search, I looked at a dozen or so ads for a Havoc Edition TRX. All of those were listed as Baja Yellow.

They selected the wrong color, it's as simple as that.
Because their web site isn't set up for that color. They have 9 colors total on their site. They should have put other, a choice their site has.

6of36

Reaction score
Like I said, I have looked at dozens of ads for Lunar Edition TRX's and every one of them listed the color as Ceramic Grey. It is a color option available for them to select, just like it is for all Ram dealers. Before that search, I looked at a dozen or so ads for a Havoc Edition TRX. All of those were listed as Baja Yellow.

They selected the wrong color, it's as simple as that.
I don't know what's funny about it. Look at their site. They only list 9 colors for every vehicle on the site. Evidently they don't have a good IT department. I don't live in that state even, so I have no clue about that dealer, but here in Michigan, we have hundreds of Ram dealers, some are huge, and have top notch IT departments, and some only stock less than a dozen trucks, and can't afford to even have an IT department. With the choices the person checking in the vehicle had, he should have checked other, but since it is gray, although a different gray, he chose gray. I'm sure since that dealers choices don't have any yellow, he would have chosen other for a Havoc edition. Since this isn't a thread on color, but price, I will stop here.

RedFred

Reaction score
Agreed. Finally made good use of the ignore button. 😎
No need to ignore anyone. Just a little back and forth about a petty issue. You guys can agree to disagree. Looks like it's over anyway. So no need to miss out on any helpful information each of you can share about the topic of the thread.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
No need to ignore anyone. Just a little back and forth about a petty issue. You guys can agree to disagree. Looks like it's over anyway. So no need to miss out on any helpful information each of you can share about the topic of the thread.

Lol. I can say with certainty, that there is nothing I can learn by reading 6of36's posts.

RedFred

Reaction score
To get back on topic, what do you guys think of this email I received from my local dealer. Is this a good deal? Should I even bother going to see them if they have a truck I want in inventory? And I must qualify for all the incentives listed to receive the 10% off. So basically the whole discount is incentives and rebates and no dealer discount. 😂

IMG_5222.jpg

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
To get back on topic, what do you guys think of this email I received from my local dealer. Is this a good deal? Should I even bother going to see them if they have a truck I want in inventory? And I must qualify for all the incentives listed to receive the 10% off. So basically the whole discount is incentives and rebates and no dealer discount. 😂

View attachment 163260
There are a LOT of combinations to get to that 10% off-ish from MSRP depending on where you are. A little odd to use the lease loyalty in the equation, but I'm not a marketing guru. But your instinct is correct, anyway, where's the dealer discount?

RedFred

Reaction score
There are a LOT of combinations to get to that 10% off-ish from MSRP depending on where you are. A little odd to use the lease loyalty in the equation, but I'm not a marketing guru. But your instinct is correct, anyway, where's the dealer discount?
Exactly my point. Any discount they seem to be giving is only in rebates and incentives. I don't see any dealer discount. So basically NJ dealers are still not willing to budge.

And yeah, they used a $2k lease loyalty which I wouldn't even qualify for. I guess they will wait for me to show up before they tell me about that.

uncc_99xj

Reaction score

View attachment 163260
The way that reads to me is it's on one specific Laramie, not all of them in stock. They list a specific stock number and vin number in the description.

RedFred

Reaction score
The way that reads to me is it's on one specific Laramie, not all of them in stock. They list a specific stock number and vin number in the description.
You might be right. That makes it so much worse. They are saying on this specific truck, the incentives come out to 10% off, but on another Laramie that is priced higher, those same incentives may be less that 10% off. What a joke. I am not sure who is buying from NJ dealers, but someone is keeping them in business.

uncc_99xj

Reaction score
You might be right. That makes it so much worse. They are saying on this specific truck, the incentives come out to 10% off, but on another Laramie that is priced higher, those same incentives may be less that 10% off. What a joke. I am not sure who is buying from NJ dealers, but someone is keeping them in business.

I bet if you went to their website and searched that specific stock number, you'd see the incentives that match the flyer. Compare it against another Laramie in their inventory and you'll probably see something different.

I've seen it a few times here in NC. If I had to guess, it's probably a specific truck that's been sitting on their lot for a while they're trying to move.

RedFred

Reaction score
I bet if you went to their website and searched that specific stock number, you'd see the incentives that match the flyer. Compare it against another Laramie in their inventory and you'll probably see something different.

I've seen it a few times here in NC. If I had to guess, it's probably a specific truck that's been sitting on their lot for a while they're trying to move.
I have seen that a few times also, where one or two trucks have a much bigger discount than the rest of the trucks on the dealers lot. Not here in NJ but elsewhere. But in this case, the dealer is not really trying to do anything since the only discount is the incentives or rebates you qualify for from RAM. Dealer is not showing any dealer discount. I checked their website and it's all pretty similar, just lists and deducts a bunch of rebates from the msrp, and price is conditional on qualifying for all the rebates listed. I can already see, I wouldn't qualify for all of them but even if I did, it's still not a good deal and wouldn't work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread