5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Moonlightboater

Reaction score

ahhchu

Reaction score
A loaded out Laramie that stickers for 79k they are selling for 63k over 15k off of msrp.
Final price says $67,982, am I missing something?

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
A loaded out Laramie that stickers for 79k they are selling for 63k over 15k off of msrp.

Isn't $79K for a Laramie sorta a crazy high price to start?

cheapdad00

Reaction score
Isn't $79K for a Laramie sorta a crazy high price to start?
This is one of the reasons Ram can offer such huge discounts is the MSRP inflation of the last few years. It can work in ones favor if they lease because the strong discount potentially reduces the depreciation (as long as they don't adjust the residuals too far down).

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons Ram can offer such huge discounts is the MSRP inflation of the last few years.

RAM has always had huge discounts and lower MSRP. For many years one could get 30% off a BH and 20% off Laramie ar least a few times a year.

Now their MSRPs are higher than GM and quickly approaching Ford. I just priced out my moderately equipped Laramie (see sig), it is over $68k, up $13k (24%) in 33 months since built. I went and priced a High Country how I would want it (didn't add many features because most come standard, like in RAM Limited), and same $68k.

deanno33

Reaction score
It is interesting to watch pricing. Since I ordered a 2023 Backcountry two weeks ago in May, the destination fee went from 1,895 to 1,995. Today I noticed the base price of bighorn is up $100 too...it went from 49,125 to 49,225. The incentives are about half of what they were in May as well. Maybe they are planning big incentives for July.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It is interesting to watch pricing. Since I ordered a 2023 Backcountry two weeks ago in May, the destination fee went from 1,895 to 1,995. Today I noticed the base price of bighorn is up $100 too...it went from 49,125 to 49,225. The incentives are about half of what they were in May as well. Maybe they are planning big incentives for July.
Inflation is still rising, and OPEC just said they will cut oil production, which will raise fuel cost, raising the delivery cost.

Dewey

Reaction score
Inflation is still rising, and OPEC just said they will cut oil production, which will raise fuel cost, raising the delivery cost.
Which will also leave even more trucks on the lots because those on the fence won’t buy a gas guzzling V8. Eventually somethings gotta give. I have never seen so many new Ram’s sitting idle on lots since well before the pandemic. I’m shocked the June incentives didn’t get much more appealing to buyers. The MSRP sale days are over on more and more vehicles daily. Eventually the dealers that refuse to budge giving bigger discounts won’t have a choice if Stellantis doesn’t help them with large rebates. A lot full of trucks not selling isn’t good for the bottom line.

Last edited:

6of36

Reaction score
Which will also leave even more trucks on the lots because those on the fence won’t buy a gas guzzling V8. Eventually somethings gotta give. I have never seen so many new Ram’s sitting idle on lots since well before the pandemic. I’m shocked the June incentives didn’t get much more appealing to buyers. The MSRP sale days are over on more and more vehicles daily. Eventually the dealers that refuse to budge giving bigger discounts won’t have a choice if Stellantis doesn’t help them with large rebates. A lot full of trucks not selling isn’t good for the bottom line.
I don't consider 20 mpg highway gas guzzling. I've had trucks that barely got 15 10 years ago.

Dewey

Reaction score
I don't consider 20 mpg highway gas guzzling. I've had trucks that barely got 15 10 years ago.
That’s very debatable. Few people here get 20 mpg overall driving. More threads on that here than I can count discussing this. 15-16 mpg is a little more common and can agree older trucks were about the same. 25 years later and I still get the same mileage my old 350 Chevy’s got. How’s that for innovation?

Last edited:

Jako

Reaction score
Last edited:

23RAM

Reaction score
That’s very debatable. Few people here get 20 mpg overall driving.
@6of36 didn't say overall or average, he said highway. I actually get 22-23 mpg highway. 17 mpg in the city. Oddly enough, that averages about 20 mpg for me.
Towing is another story of course, but I didn't buy a full size pickup with a big V8 for high gas mileage.

If high efficiency is what you want, maybe you should buy a Prius or similar. Good luck pulling your boat, ATV's, or whatever with it though.
:)
More threads on that here than I can count discussing this. 15-16 mpg is a little more common and can agree older trucks were about the same. 25 years later and I still get the same mileage my old 350 Chevy’s got. How’s that for innovation?
Actually pretty good, because while mileage hasn't increased, horsepower and towing capacity have, along with reduced emissions, longer service intervals, much better ride and handling, cabin quietness and comfort, and technology to make your drive easier.

And when I bought my truck, I got 13% off MSRP plus a few freebies. Today the best deal I've found is 8-10% off so I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread