5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice deal. I wouldn't mind ordering a Laramie right now except for the fact you can't get the hemi with the 5.7 bed and 4x4.
What do you want to bet, as soon as May is over, and the 10% ends, they will start building those again.

RedFred

Reaction score
Anyone buy from a dealership in NJ and get a good deal recently? Asking for a friend, lol.

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
So it appears the 10% on Laramies is gone and they are only offering 10% off on the 6 cylinder 1500’s. Not overly exciting.

deanno33

Reaction score
Also noticed on the Ram site that the destination fee went up $100. Getting ready for 2024 price increases I guess.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also noticed on the Ram site that the destination fee went up $100. Getting ready for 2024 price increases I guess.
I guess 17% sales decline isn't enough. They are quickly pricing themselves out of the market. When a High Country costs less than a moderately optioned Laramie RAM has a problem.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess 17% sales decline isn't enough. They are quickly pricing themselves out of the market. When a High Country costs less than a moderately optioned Laramie RAM has a problem.
My Laramie was 69k MSRP but after discounts was 52K, If I build an equivilent Silverado LTZ the MSRP is basically the same.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm assuming you bought it in the last month when the 10% Laramie discount was applied, right?
I did take delivery in May but did not use the 10% off option because leaseing with my negotiated discount and incentives was a better deal for me than the 10% off with current interest rates. That said I am just comparing MSRP between the 2 brands as incentives constantly change. In terms of MSRP only the ram, Chevy and Ford seem fairly equivalent when I look on the build/price sites

RedFred

Reaction score
So it appears the 10% on Laramies is gone and they are only offering 10% off on the 6 cylinder 1500’s. Not overly exciting.
My understanding is that Ram doesn't usually announce all their rebates and incentives until a few days into the month.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went to Chevy's site and built a High Country how I would want it optioned. Now, it doesn't have a lot of extras since many features come standard just like with the RAM Limited. But it still had more options than my current Laramie. My current Laramie, which if you look in m sig isn't highly optioned (no BUG, no power steps, no moonroof, no sport or SW package, no nav), is currently the same approx $68k MSRP as the High Country. RAM is not on a good track, especially when for decades they were considered the brand that offered more for less (slightly lower MSRP than competitors, but also had incentives that regularly got to 30% off MSRP on a BH and 20% off MSRP on Laramie). And now they are getting rid of the HEMI soon while GM is investing almost $1 billion to do a 6th (and probably final) version of their V8.

RamBum

Reaction score
Denton Dodge in Denton, TX is showing a $15K Dealer Discount on Laramies.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Incentives in the Denver zone (Midwest) for the Laramie don't show the 10% off MSRP anymore but they show $6,500 in purchase incentives or $7,250 in lease incentives or 2.9% financing stand alone. This is similar to what they had in May - I leased with $7,250 in bonus cash plus the $1,000 ram site coupon plus $500 1st responder and $500 affiliate so it was actually better than the 10% off MSRP since that was a stand alone offer that only worked with Affiliate and 1st responder.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I guess 17% sales decline isn't enough. They are quickly pricing themselves out of the market.

Their sales continually increased each year and thought they may actually catch Ford, but not now.
If they stayed the course, in my opinion, they could have done it and having that title of knocking off Ford of 40+ years of best sales would have boosted their sales even more.

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
Incentives in the Denver zone (Midwest) for the Laramie don't show the 10% off MSRP anymore but they show $6,500 in purchase incentives or $7,250 in lease incentives or 2.9% financing stand alone. This is similar to what they had in May - I leased with $7,250 in bonus cash plus the $1,000 ram site coupon plus $500 1st responder and $500 affiliate so it was actually better than the 10% off MSRP since that was a stand alone offer that only worked with Affiliate and 1st responder.
In the Southeast I only show $3000 in incentives on Laramie's and that is $2000 bonus cash +$1000 if you finance through Chrysler. 10% off Big Horn 6 cylinder trucks and $5000 bonus cash on Big Horn's with a 6'4" bed($3000 Bonus Cash and another $2k available if you finance through Chrysler). Other offers are 10% off all the classic trucks including the Warlock. Only finance offers on the 2023 2500's and a $4k bonus cash on 2022 2500 diesel engines.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/