5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mark dodge was doing 23% off advertised last week. I think they scaled it back to 21% now based on their website.
They changed and aren't doing percentages, at least on in stock. They now just plain have Limiteds at $9,000 off sticker, and Laramies at $15,000 off sticker due to the 10% Ram discount. Every one has a different amount of discount to get to those numbers.

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
They changed and aren't doing percentages, at least on in stock. They now just plain have Limiteds at $9,000 off sticker, and Laramies at $15,000 off sticker due to the 10% Ram discount. Every one has a different amount of discount to get to those numbers.
I see that. It looks like most of them are around 8% dealer discount + 10% ram incentive at MD right now. I'm looking at a Texas dealer right now that has a 2023 Laramie with an MSRP of $67060 with a dealer discount of $11400 + Ram discount of $6706 so the listed price is $48954. I havent inquired to see about dealer fees etc but that is 27% off. There are going to be some great deals had this weekend.

6of36

Reaction score
I see that. It looks like most of them are around 8% dealer discount + 10% ram incentive at MD right now. I'm looking at a Texas dealer right now that has a 2023 Laramie with an MSRP of $67060 with a dealer discount of $11400 + Ram discount of $6706 so the listed price is $48954. I havent inquired to see about dealer fees etc but that is 27% off. There are going to be some great deals had this weekend.
RUN THERE!

Roddog2220

Reaction score
RUN THERE!
what texas dealer is that? hard to believe, best i have seen is 20%off

RamOwner313

Reaction score
I'm seeing alot of Laramie's MSRP for 63k listed for sale at 47-48k. Here in FL CDJR Tampa Bay has some listed for sale around that price.

RedFred

Reaction score

Some of those dealers that list dealer discount on their site, are already including incentives in their listed dealer discount. If you talk to the dealer, let us know, but I suspect that might be the case.

6of36

Reaction score
I'm seeing alot of Laramie's MSRP for 63k listed for sale at 47-48k. Here in FL CDJR Tampa Bay has some listed for sale around that price.
Price doesn't include almost $4,600 in added fees. They charge a vehicle inspection fee, a private tag fee, a cleaning fee, and some $2500 dealer fee.

RedFred

Reaction score
Does anyone else notice that on big holiday sales weekends the advertised prices actually go up? I noticed this on the presidents day sales event and I'm starting to see it now again as memorial day weekend approaches. These weekends are advertised as big sales events but in reality I find that you are going to be paying more for the same truck. Even Mark Dodge has just changed their advertised prices from $15k off Laramies to now showing $13k off Laramies.

Kevinn

Reaction score
Does anyone else notice that on big holiday sales weekends the advertised prices actually go up? I noticed this on the presidents day sales event and I'm starting to see it now again as memorial day weekend approaches. These weekends are advertised as big sales events but in reality I find that you are going to be paying more for the same truck. Even Mark Dodge has just changed their advertised prices from $15k off Laramies to now showing $13k off Laramies.
I've noticed it for over 25 years with shady dealers. It's how you know who to never shop with.

6of36

Reaction score
They only changed Laramie deals. Limited stayed the same.

RamBum

Reaction score
I actually called that Tampa dealer before I bought my truck in Texas a couple of weeks ago. He started going over all the incentives I wouldn't qualify for... bought my truck at the dealer in Denton. TX, and it was the best buying experience I've ever had.

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
I actually called that Tampa dealer before I bought my truck in Texas a couple of weeks ago. He started going over all the incentives I wouldn't qualify for... bought my truck at the dealer in Denton. TX, and it was the best buying experience I've ever had.

Big Star in Webster. This is a picture of their site yesterday vs today. Like everyone is saying these big weekends are where you get hosed. They completely removed the 10% ram incentive off the site over the past 24 hrs. We know it is there so it still should apply but who knows.

Attachments

• Big Star 5-25-2023.png
    Big Star 5-25-2023.png
    300.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Big Star 5-26-2023.png
    Big Star 5-26-2023.png
    295.3 KB · Views: 34

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
On orders we do %s for the higher volume items so that it is easy for y'all to spec it out and get an idea where it's at.
Lower volume items (for us anwyay) we price case by case (tradesman, cab & chassis, DS classic)

Then on in-stock units its USUALLY a $ amount because the truck is already built and makes for easier round numbers, essentially.
In-stocks are normally not discounted quite as much as orders, as a general theory.

Reaction score

It’s a glitch on the incentive side, $15k off on 4WD laramies is still rolling on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamOwner313

Reaction score
Price doesn't include almost $4,600 in added fees. They charge a vehicle inspection fee, a private tag fee, a cleaning fee, and some $2500 dealer fee.
ahh the ole bait and switch trick... I didn't notice that. Nvm then buy somewhere else lol

6of36

Reaction score
ahh the ole bait and switch trick... I didn't notice that. Nvm then buy somewhere else lol
I had to look a few minutes to find the hidden fine print. I thought it seemed too good. The biggest joke is charging to clean the new vehicle.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up my 2023 Laramie today 49 days from order to pick-up and exactly 2 years to the day from the start of my 2021 lease. MSRP $69,630, selling price $52,990.00 (approx 24% off) plus equity in the 2021 for a $7,250 downpayment and a total OTD price of $48,595.90. Better Pics when I get time! 20230526_124859.jpg

RedFred

Reaction score
Picked up my 2023 Laramie today 49 days from order to pick-up and exactly 2 years to the day from the start of my 2021 lease. MSRP $69,630, selling price $52,990.00 (approx 24% off) plus equity in the 2021 for a $7,250 downpayment and a total OTD price of $48,595.90. Better Pics when I get time! View attachment 159647
Nice deal. I wouldn't mind ordering a Laramie right now except for the fact you can't get the hemi with the 5.7 bed and 4x4.

Users who are viewing this thread