5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

RedFred

Reaction score
View attachment 159176

Just walked out about 10 mins ago. Proof it actually happened! Lol
Nice truck! You can't blame the dealership for trying to low ball your trade in. The trade in is an entirely different negotiation. They are not going to do you any favors if you leave it completely up to them to give you a value on your truck. Glad it all worked out and you got to numbers you were happy with.

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
So what prices are people seeing right now. Is dealer discount of 20% possible right now without factoring in any incentives?

cheapdad00

Reaction score
I don't think we ever had 20% dealer discount without rebates and incentives.
I ordered a BigHorn at 16% off before incentives as part of a flash sale in August 2022. That was the largest discount I had seen to that point.

RedFred

Reaction score
I ordered a BigHorn at 16% off before incentives as part of a flash sale in August 2022. That was the largest discount I had seen to that point.
That's pretty good. What was your total percentage off MSRP, when it was all said and done including incentives, if you don't mind me asking?

RamOwner313

Reaction score
So what prices are people seeing right now. Is dealer discount of 20% possible right now without factoring in any incentives?
I think the best deal right now is on Laramies and Big Horns cause of the incentives. I believe those are around 20% discount with incentives.

I got my Rebel for about a 13% discount. The only incentive I had was $1000 Ram Cash And $500 tread lightly code.

RedFred

Reaction score
@Whete'swaldo Ok, so that's getting pretty close now. I guess maybe I will be proven wrong. I'm always looking at Laramie's or above, but usually big horns do have the best deals. If you can get to 20%, or close to it, on a dealer discount, that's a pretty good deal imo.

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
@Whete'swaldo Ok, so that's getting pretty close now. I guess maybe I will be proven wrong. I'm always looking at Laramie's or above, but usually big horns do have the best deals. If you can get to 20%, or close to it, on a dealer discount, that's a pretty good deal imo.
I don't have to buy a truck right now. I'm currently driving an 05 Chevy 1500 that I picked up from my cousin's grandpa for $7500 6 years ago and it had 40,000 miles on it. It only has 120k now.

However, I'm scouring the market, and if I can get a dealer to offer me 20% dealer discount + the 10% ram incentive on a Laramie I'm going to buy it. My goal is to pay 30% off MSRP with dealer and incentive + TTL. It may be a pipe dream but if you think about Mark dodge offering 13% off + the 10% incentive we really aren't that far away.

**Anthony if you see this and are interested in offering me this deal send me a PM. ha!

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have to buy a truck right now. I'm currently driving an 05 Chevy 1500 that I picked up from my cousin's grandpa for $7500 6 years ago and it had 40,000 miles on it. It only has 120k now.

However, I'm scouring the market, and if I can get a dealer to offer me 20% dealer discount + the 10% ram incentive on a Laramie I'm going to buy it. My goal is to pay 30% off MSRP with dealer and incentive + TTL. It may be a pipe dream but if you think about Mark dodge offering 13% off + the 10% incentive we really aren't that far away.

**Anthony if you see this and are interested in offering me this deal send me a PM. ha!
That would be a great deal for sure but hard to find - looking at the dealer you found those Bog Horns listed at they were not showing big discounts on their Laramies so doesn't seem they would start at 20% off a Laramie before adding the 10% incentive from Ram. It is certainly always a moving target and a bit of a shell game - I have been reviewing all my options for a truck ordered in April and possibly delivered in May and because the 10% off MSRP and the 2.9% financing offers for May are not compatable with any other incentives it is looking like I might actually end up with a lower overall price by taking all the available April lease incentives and the still very favorable lease terms vs any financing package I can put together. Seems the truck might also not arrive until early June so fingers crossed they come out with something even better for Laramies in June...

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That would be a great deal for sure but hard to find - looking at the dealer you found those Bog Horns listed at they were not showing big discounts on their Laramies so doesn't seem they would start at 20% off a Laramie before adding the 10% incentive from Ram. It is certainly always a moving target and a bit of a shell game - I have been reviewing all my options for a truck ordered in April and possibly delivered in May and because the 10% off MSRP and the 2.9% financing offers for May are not compatable with any other incentives it is looking like I might actually end up with a lower overall price by taking all the available April lease incentives and the still very favorable lease terms vs any financing package I can put together. Seems the truck might also not arrive until early June so fingers crossed they come out with something even better for Laramies in June...
I'm hoping for the never any discounts Limited incentive.

cheapdad00

Reaction score
That's pretty good. What was your total percentage off MSRP, when it was all said and done including incentives, if you don't mind me asking?
I think it was 22-23% off in total. It was a $52k build on the order - BH CC 4x4 with BH L2 only, $8300 in dealer discount + another $3500 in rebates. (It was a lease. For other regions or for purchase, rebates would have been higher). It was in FL so the dealer fee was high.

cheapdad00

Reaction score

Good luck in your search. I would think if you found that level of discount it would be an end of month thing on a truck that they hadn't been able to sell for a long time which is either loaded to the gills (with extra things you may not want) or stripped bare, where you might want more features.

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
Good luck in your search. I would think if you found that level of discount it would be an end of month thing on a truck that they hadn't been able to sell for a long time which is either loaded to the gills (with extra things you may not want) or stripped bare, where you might want more features.
Yea that is more or less what I have seen. I want a v8 4x4 with the sport package and heated seats and a bed liner.
Thank you sir. What about for a new 2022 Laramie? I’m wondering if I should expect even more on that with it being close to 2 years old pretty soon.

6of36

Reaction score
Yea that is more or less what I have seen. I want a v8 4x4 with the sport package and heated seats and a bed liner.

Thank you sir. What about for a new 2022 Laramie? I’m wondering if I should expect even more on that with it being close to 2 years old pretty soon.
The deal is for 23s only.

Roddog2220

Reaction score

23 to 30 percent off is far away, good luck with that

cheapdad00

Reaction score
The deal is for 23s only.
Yeah, I think Ram have up dealer support for 22's awhile ago. Deal is better on 23s now. I've also heard that the ordering window for 23s is closing soon. I think last year it didn't close until Sep-Aug for 22s.

6of36

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Ram have up dealer support for 22's awhile ago. Deal is better on 23s now. I've also heard that the ordering window for 23s is closing soon. I think last year it didn't close until Sep-Aug for 22s.
I'm hoping it opens soon. I no longer want to order a 23 that will be a year old in a month, and lose $3,000 in resale compared to a 24. 2500s are already ordering 24s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online