5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

U

User_119824

There are good, reputable dealers, and there are "stealerships". If you see the "four square" make its debut, you probably got a crooked dealer! LOL
Yes this!

The four-square junk is a sure sign of a shady dealer. I'm surprised some are still doing that as it's been around for a LONG time and is just numbers manipulation.

Portland

Reaction score
Deals can still be had.
I got 13.4% off of MSRP on my 1500 Limited Longhorn with the 6'4 bed factory build. I basically got every feature except the 22" wheel (which I didn't like) and the Trailer Backup System (which I don't need).
I went with Dennis Dillon in Idaho, but Mark Dodge Louisiana was prepared to give me the exact same deal.

RedFred

Reaction score
Came home with my 2023 Built to Serve Big Horn in white and after taxes, title and tag paid $51,020. Pretty happy with that price and the truck. Traded in my 2020 Big Horn and love having LED lights all around.

You need to give us the MSRP and then what you paid for it before taxes and fees. Otherwise we got no idea what options your truck has or what your discount was.

BONESAW

Reaction score
Yes this!

The four-square junk is a sure sign of a shady dealer. I'm surprised some are still doing that as it's been around for a LONG time and is just numbers manipulation.
I used to think the same about 4 squares.. The last dealership I was at was very shady and toxic and did not use 4 square (just payment matrix on the left, with alllll the numbers itemized on the right). My current dealer is mom and pop since like 1960. We use 4 square in a transparent manner.. we can also use payment matrix too. But usually manager just prints out a 4 square. theres been many times people buy from us because of transparency/ease of purchase after theyve been traumatized by the other dealer.

To stay on topic:
I dont remember the exact parameters of my truck deal.. $4k off something something

BUT I am selling one this afternoon though. 2022 RAM 1500 BIGHORN, V6, CREW CAB 4X2 NIGHT EDITION.
MSRP OF 53,XXX.
DISCOUNTS/REBATES: $10,000

Big rebates on 2022 trucks.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes this!

I've never seen the 4 square, but every salesman tries to find out what your current payment is, to try to charge as much as possible, once they know what you can afford.

Legal Brief

Reaction score
It’s done.. 2021 Larime Sport 5.4E for 2033 Limited 3.0D
$52k on trade w/ 7k miles, $84 MSRP actual $79k w/ $3k FCA incentives in CA

I took my mats, Tazer DT, Pedal Commander and am pretty content.

Chrysler Capital is a train wreck operation, never will do business with them again. PenFed CU did 4.8 for 72, dealer wasn’t happy but I’m not playing that game.

I suspect resale will be supper strong on 3.0D.

Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
$84k msrp for a Laramie?? It that in American money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just tried the build and price and built one for over 81,000, and you can't choose diesel any more. Wasn't that 5 or 6 thousand? It is possible due to the fact a lot of the stuff that would be standard on a limited is more expensive as an option on a lower trim. I did that back in 1977. I ordered a Plymouth Sport Fury with a higher sticker price than almost every Cordoba that came through the dealership. I prefered the front end, but wanted all the stuff the Cordoba had.

StickVA

Reaction score
I just tried the build and price and built one for over 81,000, and you can't choose diesel any more. Wasn't that 5 or 6 thousand? It is possible due to the fact a lot of the stuff that would be standard on a limited is more expensive as an option on a lower trim. I did that back in 1977. I ordered a Plymouth Sport Fury with a higher sticker price than almost every Cordoba that came through the dealership. I prefered the front end, but wanted all the stuff the Cordoba had.
How were you able to build and price a 2033?

Kumba1010

Reaction score
$84k msrp for a Laramie?? It that in American money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah...it's getting crazy, I have seen some window stickers on this forum for Laramie GTs with price tag between 80 and 82K. I think in the above case, he sold his 2021 Laramie for ~57K and he is getting a 2023 Limited ED MSRP ~84K

jdawgjm

Reaction score
It’s done.. 2021 Larime Sport 5.4E for 2033 Limited 3.0D
$52k on trade w/ 7k miles, $84 MSRP actual $79k w/ $3k FCA incentives in CA

I took my mats, Tazer DT, Pedal Commander and am pretty content.

Chrysler Capital is a train wreck operation, never will do business with them again. PenFed CU did 4.8 for 72, dealer wasn’t happy but I’m not playing that game.

I suspect resale will be supper strong on 3.0D.

Care to explain what happened with Chrysler financial?

Users who are viewing this thread