5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

MO Rebel

Reaction score
The fronts are great, but I'm not a fan of the split in the rears. At least on my 20, that may have changed by now, my 17 was different.
Wow! I’ve had my truck almost a year and never realized that about the rear mats. I had to go out and check. You are correct, still two piece. They fit together (a little overlap) so well I’ve never noticed. Still a fan of them though. 63B82DAD-A5D2-4102-A93B-ADF9BD9D4A59.jpeg 8B4BDE24-E370-4B2E-A63A-9C1D0324380A.jpeg

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Community Motors in Hammond Louisiana gave me the best price for a 2023 Ram 1500 Limited.
Attached is Price from window sticker and price brak down sheet. They gave me 1k in Customer Incentives so that is a little better than 10k from MSRP.
There number is 985-345-0401 and ask for Sam
f84683b7924818f28abecbf340b09d2c.jpg

98bb581ff1a6cf888941a2e6176b7e66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Community Motors in Hammond Louisiana gave me the best price for a 2023 Ram 1500 Limited.
Attached is Price from window sticker and price brak down sheet. They gave me 1k in Customer Incentives so that is a little better than 10k from MSRP.
There number is 985-345-0401 and ask for Sam
f84683b7924818f28abecbf340b09d2c.jpg

98bb581ff1a6cf888941a2e6176b7e66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty good price. But - just saying - Mark Dodge is still a better deal for anyone living within 250 miles of Lake Charles.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Pretty good price. But - just saying - Mark Dodge is still a better deal for anyone living within 250 miles of Lake Charles.
Not for me, Mark Dodge was great at 9k off of sticker, but Community Motors gave me 10.3k off and somehow gave ne 45k for my 21 Bighorn/Lonestar. Mark Dodge offered me 40k on the Bighorn.
But I believe they are both great dealers along with Don Franklin in Somerset KY we’re I picked up my Ram 2500.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not for me, Mark Dodge was great at 9k off of sticker, but Community Motors gave me 10.3k off and somehow gave ne 45k for my 21 Bighorn/Lonestar. Mark Dodge offered me 40k on the Bighorn.
But I believe they are both great dealers along with Don Franklin in Somerset KY we’re I picked up my Ram 2500.
Timing, I guess. Mark Dodge is currently advertising 13% off of MSRP for a Limited. In your case it would be close to $10.8k off, plus incentives.

Thread '**NEW** MARK DODGE MSRP DISCOUNTS on 1500's'
**NEW** MARK DODGE MSRP DISCOUNTS on 1500's

RedFred

Reaction score
Just ordered a brand new 2022 4x2 Laramie from MD for $49,604 (19% off MSRP) which is pretty decent considering most 2023 basic big horns in my area are going for +$55K

You mean you purchased a 2022 Laramie. When you say ordered, that typically means you put in an order with a dealer to have a truck built with the options you selected. Anyway, sweet deal, congrats!

truckman

Reaction score
You mean you purchased a 2022 Laramie. When you say ordered, that typically means you put in an order with a dealer to have a truck built with the options you selected. Anyway, sweet deal, congrats!

Ah yeah that's right, since I'm getting it shipped it felt like "ordering" something but this makes sense since factory ordering is very different from a dealership purchase.

23RAM

Reaction score
I really like the MOPAR all weather floor liners that came standard with my Rebel. Front and back are perfect. Highly recommended even having previous experience with Husky and WeatherTech.
Picked up the RAM branded MOPAR liners as they cost about the same as the others and they had them in stock and ready to install. The rears are split, but they overlap perfectly so it pretty much acts as a single liner in the back. I'm happy with them.

U

User_119824

Just purchased my truck a few weeks ago from Texan Dodge in Houston, TX.

2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star Quad Cab w/eTorque Hemi.

- Night Edition
- Big Horn Group 2 Package
- MSRP $51,945
- Dealer Addendum made selling price $54,998 (Window Tint, VIN etching, lug locks, interior protection)
- $4000 rebate from Ram
- $1000 rebate for financing w/Stellantis
- $5000 dealer rebate
- $5000 off via negotiation
- Purchase price of $40k more or less

I rounded my numbers off to make it simple plus they are within $5 of what the totals were, I just can't remember to the cent. I felt I came away pretty good but if not, oh well.

U

User_3336

Just purchased my truck a few weeks ago from Texan Dodge in Houston, TX.

2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star Quad Cab w/eTorque Hemi.

- Night Edition
- Big Horn Group 2 Package
- MSRP $51,945
- Dealer Addendum made selling price $54,998 (Window Tint, VIN etching, lug locks, interior protection)
- $4000 rebate from Ram
- $1000 rebate for financing w/Stellantis
- $5000 dealer rebate
- $5000 off via negotiation
- Purchase price of $40k more or less

I rounded my numbers off to make it simple plus they are within $5 of what the totals were, I just can't remember to the cent. I felt I came away pretty good but if not, oh well.
Well, they inflated the selling price by $3,000 with "dealer addendums" (which cost them about $300).......So, the discount wasn't as much as it actually seemed.

U

User_119824

Well, they inflated the selling price by $3,000 with "dealer addendums" (which cost them about $300).......So, the discount wasn't as much as it actually seemed.
I would have added what they did anyway, spare the interior protection for $200. As a dealer, I know exactly what the costs involved are. Also as a dealer, I don't try to make the dealership lose money on every single sale and go under. You have to make money to keep the lights on.

A fair deal is a fair deal which is what I feel I got. If a dealer gives you a great deal and takes a loss, they wind up overcharging someone else....usually a family who are already spending too much....for their purchase to make up for it. I'd rather just pay a fair price. That's just me.

RedFred

Reaction score
I would have added what they did anyway, spare the interior protection for $200. As a dealer, I know exactly what the costs involved are. Also as a dealer, I don't try to make the dealership lose money on every single sale and go under. You have to make money to keep the lights on.

A fair deal is a fair deal which is what I feel I got. If a dealer gives you a great deal and takes a loss, they wind up overcharging someone else....usually a family who are already spending too much....for their purchase to make up for it. I'd rather just pay a fair price. That's just me.
Nothing wrong with a fair deal, but the dealership is going to try and overcharge everyone else regardless of you making a fair deal or not. After graduating college, I worked at a dealership for a day and a half. I walked out and quit on the second day after being disgusted after listening to non stop stories of overcharging and ripping people off. The kicker was a group of them laughing at a story of overcharging a grandmother and giving her a bad lease deal on a budget economy car. I got no love for dealerships or most of the people that run them.

U

User_3336

Nothing wrong with a fair deal, but the dealership is going to try and overcharge everyone else regardless of you making a fair deal or not. After graduating college, I worked at a dealership for a day and a half. I walked out and quit on the second day after being disgusted after listening to non stop stories of overcharging and ripping people off. The kicker was a group of them laughing at a story of overcharging a grandmother and giving her a bad lease deal on a budget economy car. I got no love for dealerships or most of the people that run them.
There are good, reputable dealers, and there are "stealerships". If you see the "four square" make its debut, you probably got a crooked dealer! LOL

RedFred

Reaction score
There are good, reputable dealers, and there are "stealerships". If you see the "four square" make its debut, you probably got a crooked dealer! LOL
I'm sure there are exceptions, just not many in the North Jersey area that I reside in. They all seem to follow the same business model business model or playbook around here.

U

User_119824

That's fair enough.

I've spent most of my life in the industry and worked for GM for over a decade before doing my own thing.

One of the biggest reasons I went out on my own was I got tired of seeing the way many dealerships would treat customers. I wanted to do something different and prove that you can sell cars without doing all that and while being upfront and honest.

That being said, not all dealers are bad so I'm glad you said "most". I don't deal in new cars, but I see what goes on obviously and we would be much better if we moved to a factory direct system. Only issue is people want to "feel like they got a deal" and won't pay the price as listed, so the dealership model will likely stay here.

I am an exceptional negotiator but I don't negotiate on my inventory. It's all performance/exotic cars. I buy from individuals for a fair amount and sell for a fair amount. Lots of people like that, some don't. But I refuse to charge a different price to different people for literally the same item.

Users who are viewing this thread