5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

bronco44

Reaction score
Program ID: 41CPF by 03/19/2023

This is the same program # that was on an earlier certificate to be expiring on 3/3/23.

they most likely just extended the date of the previous one.....
Now that I know how to trigger it reliably, I plan to check it every day just to see if the bonus cash amount goes up 🤞

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Asking for future reference.....
Should they discount the rebates first prior to calculating tax or is it normal procedure to calculate tax then rebates?
You should check the rules for your state. In Missouri, you pay sales tax on the net purchase price, so after rebates are deducted. Missouri has pretty lenient rules on the whole trade thing as well. You do not have to trade a vehicle into the dealer to get credit for sales tax. In fact, you can actually sell a vehicle up to 180 days before or after your purchase and still get the offset credit for sales tax purposes. It doesn’t even have to be the same vehicle type, just a vehicle that is licensed in the state. So you could sell an RV or a boat within 180 days of your purchase and still get credit for sales tax purposes.

CivilEngineer

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My order just came in this week (23 Limited Fully loaded). The MSRP is $88,555 and EP is $77,643. I got $500 credit for the Affiliate pricing and a $1,000 bonus cash offer bringing the price down to $76,143. I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of incentives from RAM. Total cost (without taxes) $76,143. That is ~14% off MSRP or 6.5% below Invoice (Ordered From MD). What do you guys think? Good deal or no? Any tips will be appreciated.
For anyone wondering what the new 22" offroad tire looks like, see third pictures below.

Attachments

• Resized_20230216_092931.jpeg
    Resized_20230216_092931.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Resized_20230216_092934.jpeg
    Resized_20230216_092934.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Resized_20230216_092941.jpeg
    Resized_20230216_092941.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 102

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My order just came in this week (23 Limited Fully loaded). The MSRP is $88,555 and EP is $77,643. I got $500 credit for the Affiliate pricing and a $1,000 bonus cash offer bringing the price down to $76,143. I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of incentives from RAM. Total cost (without taxes) $76,143. That is ~14% off MSRP or 6.5% below Invoice (Ordered From MD). What do you guys think? Good deal or no? Any tips will be appreciated.
For anyone wondering what the new 22" offroad tire looks like, see third pictures below.
You did not leave any money on the table. Other than the choke a horse MSRP… 😆 Nice truck!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

There are rarely any incentives from the manufacturer on Limiteds - across all brands. If you can afford a top tier truck, they know you'll pay for it.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm sorry, I could never sink that much $$$$ into a truck, period! about $45,000 is my MAX.

lsupcar

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Looks beautiful and great price.
Which dealer did you order through?

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Also one of the very last EcoDiesels. I got about 20% off MSRP on my 2021 Limied EcoD also fully loaded in early 2021 and 0% interest. that was a much different time. I think for right now, you did well and you’re going to love filling it up and driving hundreds of miles without the needle moving.

6of36

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
They always have incentives on Big Horn and Laramie, never on Limited. Right now 2.9% finance on the cheaper ones, but 7% on limited. $4,00 rebates compared to $1,000. I wish I wasn't spoiled.

Hokie-ram

Reaction score
My 2022 BigHorn was 65k MSRP. I got about true 11k off MSRP (65k includes freight) plus another $1750 in Chrysler coupon. Paid 55k and change out the door in Virginia. Tax and DMV fee etc are about 3k bucks on an 60k ish truck in Virginia. And got 0% financing from Chrysler capital. Got it the week before thanksgiving last year. Very happy with the truck. It was about 20% off from MSRP.

This is pretty much the most expensive big horn and I could have gotten a Laramie for few k more but the reasons I didn’t were as follows:

1. Laramie didn’t have 0%. I was looking at 6%.

2. The dealer discounts weren’t as big on the Laramie.

3. Due to the chip shortage, the Laramies didn’t have the 12” screen. Dealers said Chrysler wouldn’t let them order the 12” on the Laramie.

4. I kind of like the upgraded cloth seat on the big horn. And it had the pano roof which was a must have for me.

Getting the vehicle at 0% is a big deal. I would have to get my 65k MSRP truck at 50k OTD (which is like getting 18k off MSRP) and finance it at 5% to have the payment that I have now.

But the dealers aren’t discounting as much anymore.

Crazy.

P.S.
My deal was like paying $200 dealer fee which I have no problem with.

bronco44

Reaction score
They always have incentives on Big Horn and Laramie, never on Limited. Right now 2.9% finance on the cheaper ones, but 7% on limited. $4,00 rebates compared to $1,000. I wish I wasn't spoiled.
Wow I did not realize Chryslers default rate jumped to 7.26%. I was planning on just accepting the rate from the dealer so I didn't have to deal with bringing in a 3rd party. But no way I'm doing that now when I know a local credit union will give me 4.99% (which still isn't great but the best I could find).

6of36

Reaction score
Wow I did not realize Chryslers default rate jumped to 7.26%. I was planning on just accepting the rate from the dealer so I didn't have to deal with bringing in a 3rd party. But no way I'm doing that now when I know a local credit union will give me 4.99% (which still isn't great but the best I could find).
My local credit union is 5.85%

CivilEngineer

Reaction score
Also one of the very last EcoDiesels. I got about 20% off MSRP on my 2021 Limied EcoD also fully loaded in early 2021 and 0% interest. that was a much different time. I think for right now, you did well and you’re going to love filling it up and driving hundreds of miles without the needle moving.
That's a sweet deal! I think those days are behind us for a while. I have a 2015 Limited Ecodiesel fully loaded (purchased new 8 yrs ago for $46k OTD as it sat on dealer lot for months) and have really enjoyed it. I wasn't planning to upgrade until 2025 but pulled the trigger with the last call on the 2023 Ecodiesel. I hear the third gen engine is more fun to drive.

23RAM

Reaction score
New to the forum but have been lurking for a few weeks after much reading online about various pickup brands and went with RAM for the great interior and styling.

So we just bought a 2022 RAM 1500 Sport yesterday - our first RAM truck. It was listed at $73,335 (CDN) and we saved $12,163 with factory discounts, haggling, and $1000 winter promo - about 17% savings. I've been watching vehicles and prices since last fall, and due to shortages from covid, the prices were high with very little discounts around here - some places selling at or over MSRP until last fall. Now the 23's are arriving, they want to move out the 22's. We were looking at several sport models including a G/T package, but chose this one as it had all the must-have features I wanted. We didn't like the G/T because it's noticeably louder in the cabin, didn't want the eTorque, and the console shifter reduces storage space. I wanted Diamond Black paint, black interior, 5.7L (no eTorque), class 4 hitch, 3.92 rear, brake controller, leather seats, 12" screen, 9 speaker Alpine stereo, rear wheel liners, and remote start. Added black side steps and driver/pass window tint. Picking it up tomorrow after they detail it for me.

All I need to add is a tri-fold hard cover and all weather floor liners and I'm done. Looking forward to enjoying the new ride.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
New to the forum but have been lurking for a few weeks after much reading online about various pickup brands and went with RAM for the great interior and styling.

So we just bought a 2022 RAM 1500 Sport yesterday - our first RAM truck. It was listed at $73,335 (CDN) and we saved $12,163 with factory discounts, haggling, and $1000 winter promo - about 17% savings. I've been watching vehicles and prices since last fall, and due to shortages from covid, the prices were high with very little discounts around here - some places selling at or over MSRP until last fall. Now the 23's are arriving, they want to move out the 22's. We were looking at several sport models including a G/T package, but chose this one as it had all the must-have features I wanted. We didn't like the G/T because it's noticeably louder in the cabin, didn't want the eTorque, and the console shifter reduces storage space. I wanted Diamond Black paint, black interior, 5.7L (no eTorque), class 4 hitch, 3.92 rear, brake controller, leather seats, 12" screen, 9 speaker Alpine stereo, rear wheel liners, and remote start. Added black side steps and driver/pass window tint. Picking it up tomorrow after they detail it for me.

All I need to add is a tri-fold hard cover and all weather floor liners and I'm done. Looking forward to enjoying the new ride.
I really like the MOPAR all weather floor liners that came standard with my Rebel. Front and back are perfect. Highly recommended even having previous experience with Husky and WeatherTech.

23RAM

Reaction score
I really like the MOPAR all weather floor liners that came standard with my Rebel. Front and back are perfect. Highly recommended even having previous experience with Husky and WeatherTech.
Thanks, I'll be checking out the liners at the parts counter when we pick up the truck tomorrow.
:)

6of36

Reaction score
The fronts are great, but I'm not a fan of the split in the rears. At least on my 20, that may have changed by now, my 17 was different.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
The fronts are great, but I'm not a fan of the split in the rears. At least on my 20, that may have changed by now, my 17 was different.
Still split. Appears its in every brand in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread