5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

jonny_z

Reaction score
This is how I got a $70K truck for under $65K.

This truck has some balls. Big ol’ balls. If you voluntarily eat vegan cheese or gluten-free granola, then this truck is not for you. This truck screams ‘Merica (insert Cherry Pie by Warrant). All 8 cylinders are powering this 5.7L Hemi and you can feel every bit of it. I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. This truck delivers more cowbell. This truck is a beast.

Here’s what we’re looking at…
1500 Laramie (2022) MSRP of $68.8K and includes the following options/upgrades:
  • 5.7 V8 hemi - “regular” torque model (FYI all future models are going to be e-torque, so the one I have here will be last of its kind)
  • Sport appearance package
  • Bed utility group (so it has spray in bed liner and few other things back there)
  • Laramie level 2 equipment group (premium sound, power tailgate release, navigation, etc.)
  • 3.92 rear axle ratio and anti spin rear diff
  • Panaram sunroof
  • 33 gallon fuel tank
  • Trailer brake controller
  • Rear wheelhouse liners
  • Mopar rubber floor mats
Add another +$600 for Zurich shield (exterior paint protector). This was already installed by dealer, I didn’t have a choice to pay for since the product (ceramic coating) was already applied to the truck prior to my arrival.

Total cost of vehicle comes to $69.4K. I was able to negotiate $4.5K off this price between discounts/rebates. $64.9K is what I paid out the door (killer deal for a helluva truck, especially since RAM rarely/never offers national incentives for the Laramie trims and dealers are commonly asking a few $k over MSRP right now marked as market upfit or upcharge).

They also threw in RAM branded running boards installed by dealer, but I was never invoiced or charged and this item was not in MSRP.

I was forced to finance through a local federal credit union due to these historically high interest rates. Chrysler Capital would NOT give me the 2.9% promotional rate that they were advertising for the Big Horns - was thinking I could get that rate even though the truck is a Laramie, but they wouldn’t budge. Secured an APR below 5% at local federal credit union. Dealer still honored the $4.5K rebates/discounts even though I did not finance through CC.

I basically did 3 hours of negotiating to get this deal, add in another 3-4 hours for PDI and finance process. This was a 2-day event due to store hours just as a heads up.

If you’ve somehow navigated to this part of the web as you research and look for info on a 1500 Laramie like mine, I’m here to tell you to just buy this truck. It’s badass man. You won’t regret it.

Hope this helps, and happy RAM hunting.

eazy1500

Reaction score

This truck has some balls. Big ol’ balls. If you voluntarily eat vegan cheese or gluten-free granola, then this truck is not for you. This truck screams ‘Merica (insert Cherry Pie by Warrant). All 8 cylinders are powering this 5.7L Hemi and you can feel every bit of it. I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. This truck delivers more cowbell. This truck is a beast.

• 5.7 V8 hemi - “regular” torque model (FYI all future models are going to be e-torque, so the one I have here will be last of its kind)
  • Bed utility group (so it has spray in bed liner and few other things back there)
  • Laramie level 2 equipment group (premium sound, power tailgate release, navigation, etc.)
  • Panaram sunroof
  • 33 gallon fuel tank
  • Rear wheelhouse liners
Add another +$600 for Zurich shield (exterior paint protector). This was already installed by dealer, I didn’t have a choice to pay for since the product (ceramic coating) was already applied to the truck prior to my arrival.

Total cost of vehicle comes to $69.4K. I was able to negotiate $4.5K off this price between discounts/rebates. $64.9K is what I paid out the door (killer deal for a helluva truck, especially since RAM rarely/never offers national incentives for the Laramie trims and dealers are commonly asking a few $k over MSRP right now marked as market upfit or upcharge).

They also threw in RAM branded running boards installed by dealer, but I was never invoiced or charged and this item was not in MSRP.

I was forced to finance through a local federal credit union due to these historically high interest rates. Chrysler Capital would NOT give me the 2.9% promotional rate that they were advertising for the Big Horns - was thinking I could get that rate even though the truck is a Laramie, but they wouldn’t budge. Secured an APR below 5% at local federal credit union. Dealer still honored the $4.5K rebates/discounts even though I did not finance through CC.

I basically did 3 hours of negotiating to get this deal, add in another 3-4 hours for PDI and finance process. This was a 2-day event due to store hours just as a heads up.

If you’ve somehow navigated to this part of the web as you research and look for info on a 1500 Laramie like mine, I’m here to tell you to just buy this truck. It’s badass man. You won’t regret it.

Congrats! I love my truck. Your description. Is spot on. Lol. We pretty much have the same config except mines a BH with the sports appearance package so no leather bits for me. For my deal, I did it all remote and agreed on the OTD price before heading over. Shop was a 2hr Uber ride away so I made it clear to them that I’m not wasting time with them so we needed to lock up pricing if I was to head over. I spent maybe an hour total once I got there including a 20 min test drive.

ChrisRey3156

Reaction score
I was able to get a new $1000 pop up with a 1/3/23 expiration.
This is how I got it not sure that it will work for anyone else.
iPhone private mode, when it asks about cookies press cookie settings then confirm my choices. Then select Ram 1500 by the little truck pictures, Not the explore ram 1500 in the Black Friday ad. Then build your 2022 ram, again not the one in the Black Friday ad use the second one down. Then build the one you want. Hang around for a bit picking options. I have got it on this page while picking options. I have also got it after selecting my options then doing search new inventory at the bottom.
If you get the pop up for exclusive mailing list or survey start over in a new window.

This worked! Verbatim. I had been trying to get this pop up all week, no success. Thank you!

Roddog2220

Reaction score
I was able to get a new $1000 pop up with a 1/3/23 expiration.
This is how I got it not sure that it will work for anyone else.
iPhone private mode, when it asks about cookies press cookie settings then confirm my choices. Then select Ram 1500 by the little truck pictures, Not the explore ram 1500 in the Black Friday ad. Then build your 2022 ram, again not the one in the Black Friday ad use the second one down. Then build the one you want. Hang around for a bit picking options. I have got it on this page while picking options. I have also got it after selecting my options then doing search new inventory at the bottom.
If you get the pop up for exclusive mailing list or survey start over in a new window.
on what site

Jray22

Reaction score
22’ Laramie
Night Edition
Panoramic Roof
Power Boards
Multi-Gate Tailgate
Laramie B Package
Trailer Brake
12” Unconnect5 Display
Bed Utility group
3.92 gears

MSRP 71,445.

I was given 4K in rebates+bought out my GM lease. Financed 62K. Interest rates suck! Lowest I could find is 5.45%

Jjt17

Reaction score
on what site
Www.ramtrucks.com

So I think I’m going to get someone’s ordered Back Country that they decided not to wait for that came in this week. I put a hold on it. Deal isn’t screaming but ok considering how much they are paying for my F150 that has an accident:

2022 Big Horn Back Country Crew Cab
Flame Red and black two tone
5.7 etorque
Premium Light Group
Trailer Tow Group
Big Horn Level 2
8.4 with Nav
Wheel Liners
$61,905 (inc delivery)
-$4000 regular rebate
-$1000 pop up rebate
72 months at 2.9%
60 at 1.9%
48 at 0% with 90 day no payment

This is a small town dealer so they don’t really discount off MSRP. I was offered $30k for my truck from carvana and they are paying $39k and it needs tires.
Also this is the only crew cab back country within 500 miles I’m sure they will sell it at MSRP.

My only hold up is it has the base stereo. I really wanted the 9 speaker/sub setup.

Sunman54

Reaction score

• Panaram sunroof
  • 33 gallon fuel tank
  • Rear wheelhouse liners

Where did you buy the truck? I was looking at the exact same one on a Ram dealers lot here in FL. Same options same price and same offer to add running boards. Mine involved a trade (2015 Tundra) and still on the fence to do the deal. It was an OTD price of $37.6k. If RAM offered the same financing as the Big Horns I'd do the deal.

jonny_z

Reaction score
Where did you buy the truck? I was looking at the exact same one on a Ram dealers lot here in FL. Same options same price and same offer to add running boards. Mine involved a trade (2015 Tundra) and still on the fence to do the deal. It was an OTD price of $37.6k. If RAM offered the same financing as the Big Horns I'd do the deal.
RAM won’t honor the big horn financing on a Laramie. Maybe if the truck is leftover when the 2023s arrive the dealership might be able to throw more incentives. I doubt it though.

RedFred

Reaction score
I just left another local dealership trying to make a deal on a truck they had in stock. It's usually laughable but also getting a little annoying at this point. So today is Black Friday, usually a good day to walk into a car dealership. The dealer has a 1500 LongHorn optioned close to what I am looking for and it has all my must have options. Total discount if I want to buy the truck....... ZERO. No discount, no special financing, nothing. Only the rebate I got for signing up to RamTrucks.com and they already knew about it and were factoring it in without me even mentioning it. And on top of it, they gave me a low ball offer on my trade in. They also were adding $995 for Ally Appearance which I noticed later. I don't know when local dealers are going to get serious about selling trucks. Another dealer near me has a truck that I looked at on July 5th still sitting on their lot. Prices seem to go up the longer it sits on the lot. Sorry for the rant.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just left another local dealership trying to make a deal on a truck they had in stock. It's usually laughable but also getting a little annoying at this point. So today is Black Friday, usually a good day to walk into a car dealership. The dealer has a 1500 LongHorn optioned close to what I am looking for and it has all my must have options. Total discount if I want to buy the truck....... ZERO. No discount, no special financing, nothing. Only the rebate I got for signing up to RamTrucks.com and they already knew about it and were factoring it in without me even mentioning it. And on top of it, they gave me a low ball offer on my trade in. They also were adding $995 for Ally Appearance which I noticed later. I don't know when local dealers are going to get serious about selling trucks. Another dealer near me has a truck that I looked at on July 5th still sitting on their lot. Prices seem to go up the longer it sits on the lot. Sorry for the rant.
What state are you in?

850rider

Reaction score
It blows my mind that a 1500 Laramie can be that expensive … 70k and you’re not even in a limited

Kevinn

Reaction score
yea man it is what it is... order from mark dodge and ditch the ******** to the curb. local dealers want msrp+more nowadays.

RedFred

Reaction score
yea man it is what it is... order from mark dodge and ditch the ******** to the curb. local dealers want msrp+more nowadays.
The problem is every time you go build a truck, it's more expensive then it was before also. I'm getting tired of Ram in general with their pricing. I saw a 2022 BigHorn Built to Serve addition at a dealership a while back with MSRP of $57,250. I spoke to a dealership to price out an identical 2023 built to serve and it comes out to $60,300.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is every time you go build a truck, it's more expensive then it was before also. I'm getting tired of Ram in general with their pricing. I saw a 2022 BigHorn Built to Serve addition at a dealership a while back with MSRP of $57,250. I spoke to a dealership to price out an identical 2023 built to serve and it comes out to $60,300.
That’s not just Ram, that’s inflation. You think the other auto manufacturers are holding pricing?

cliffsta

Reaction score
Www.ramtrucks.com

So I think I’m going to get someone’s ordered Back Country that they decided not to wait for that came in this week. I put a hold on it. Deal isn’t screaming but ok considering how much they are paying for my F150 that has an accident:

2022 Big Horn Back Country Crew Cab
Flame Red and black two tone
5.7 etorque
Premium Light Group
Trailer Tow Group
Big Horn Level 2
8.4 with Nav
Wheel Liners
$61,905 (inc delivery)
-$4000 regular rebate
-$1000 pop up rebate
72 months at 2.9%
60 at 1.9%
48 at 0% with 90 day no payment

This is a small town dealer so they don’t really discount off MSRP. I was offered $30k for my truck from carvana and they are paying $39k and it needs tires.
Also this is the only crew cab back country within 500 miles I’m sure they will sell it at MSRP.

My only hold up is it has the base stereo. I really wanted the 9 speaker/sub setup.
Wow. I hope I can get an interest rate like that.

RedFred

Reaction score
That’s not just Ram, that’s inflation. You think the other auto manufacturers are holding pricing?
It's not just inflation, it's Ram looking for every excuse to raise and manipulate prices. They have been doing it for years.

Runagun

Reaction score
It's not just inflation, it's Ram looking for every excuse to raise and manipulate prices. They have been doing it for years.
For years? Like how many? Bring some facts here. Spewing shyt just cause isn't appreciated.

RedFred

Reaction score
For years? Like how many? Bring some facts here. Spewing shyt just cause isn't appreciated.
OH shyt, somebody is a fanboy. How about an inflation calculator to show that Ram pricing has outpaced inflation by a large margin. How about the fact that over the years, people were paying a vastly different price for the same truck. Some walk in and get 20% plus off while someone else pays close to full MSRP. How about the same truck sitting on the same lot goes up and down in advertised price from month to month.

In 2011 I paid $34k for a well equipped BigHorn crew cab with Hemi and 4x4 that was MSRP'd at $43K. Based on inflation, I should be able to buy the same truck at $45k today. Instead I would be paying $60k for a BigHorn with similar options. Same with a 2015 Laramie hemi crew cab I paid $40k brand new with a $50,500 MSRP. Factoring in inflation I should be able to purchase a similar Laramie for just over $50k today. Instead it will cost me $68K.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OH shyt, somebody is a fanboy. How about an inflation calculator to show that Ram pricing has outpaced inflation by a large margin. How about the fact that over the years, people were paying a vastly different price for the same truck. Some walk in and get 20% plus off while someone else pays close to full MSRP. How about the same truck sitting on the same lot goes up and down in advertised price from month to month.

In 2011 I paid $34k for a well equipped BigHorn crew cab with Hemi and 4x4 that was MSRP'd at $43K. Based on inflation, I should be able to buy the same truck at $45k today. Instead I would be paying $60k for a BigHorn with similar options. Same with a 2015 Laramie hemi crew cab I paid $40k brand new with a $50,500 MSRP. Factoring in inflation I should be able to purchase a similar Laramie for just over $50k today. Instead it will cost me $68K.
You’re getting confused between MSRP increases and dealer gouging. Compare MSRP to MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread