5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yea I realize they have the best reputation here, I'm simply saying something smells bad with how my deal is being handled. Its very clear the printed quote is edited then hand written over and is pretty odd to me.

His name is Angelo
Well my point is that Koons is also editing the document. Maybe Angelo just doesn’t know how to edit a pdf electronically.

RedFred

Reaction score
Yea, after I look closer into the 2 different quotes from MD I can tell he’s putting a blank piece of paper over the bottom area of the quote, photocopying it, then hand writing the total in. Certainly have trust red flags going off for this place now and will probably go with koons. Here’s my koons estimate

The hand written part would not bother me. Just sounds like they need to change the price and are writing it in by hand to correct something in the print out. Probably need to update something in their pricing. And it's just a quote. If something is amiss when filling out the final paperwork, you will have plenty of time to bring it up or walk away if there is an issue. So the hand written part would not be a deal for me.

Also, nothing wrong with going with Koons either. I may do the same when it's time for me to order because Koons is much closer to me then MD. MD does get points for reputation as far as top customer service experience, as per forum members experiences. I got a couple quotes from Sandi at MD, she has been easy to deal with via email and has been very informative when needed.

Bootaggie

Reaction score
I couldn’t get a formal write up before they wanted my credit info. Everything was hand written images

Kevinn

Reaction score
The hand written part would not bother me. Just sounds like they need to change the price and are writing it in by hand to correct something in the print out. Probably need to update something in their pricing. And it's just a quote. If something is amiss when filling out the final paperwork, you will have plenty of time to bring it up or walk away if there is an issue. So the hand written part would not be a deal for me.

Also, nothing wrong with going with Koons either. I may do the same when it's time for me to order because Koons is much closer to me then MD. MD does get points for reputation as far as top customer service experience, as per forum members experiences. I got a couple quotes from Sandi at MD, she has been easy to deal with via email and has been very informative when needed.
I dug a little bit into this thread and my quote was very similar to others with the handwriting... It just gave me a little bit of doubt because he wanted my quote from koons before he would get my quote. he also made a couple statements about koons that koons corrected. not a huge deal. appreciate the responses.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
I dug a little bit into this thread and my quote was very similar to others with the handwriting... It just gave me a little bit of doubt because he wanted my quote from koons before he would get my quote. he also made a couple statements about koons that koons corrected. not a huge deal. appreciate the responses.

That Koons deal isn't on par with MD because it already includes 1000 rebate for Chrysler Capital. MD quotes are prior to rebates.

Derek916

Reaction score
That Koons deal isn't on par with MD because it already includes 1000 rebate for Chrysler Capital. MD quotes are prior to rebates.
Might be a moot point though since Chrysler financing for 2022 model is far superior to what can be had elsewhere. Most banks are at 3-4% right now...I assume 2023 they will carry those financing incentives over.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
Might be a moot point though since Chrysler financing for 2022 model is far superior to what can be had elsewhere. Most banks are at 3-4% right now...I assume 2023 they will carry those financing incentives over.
Right and if it is available you will get the rebate with MD as well along with their price which is 1k cheaper prior to rebates

Kevinn

Reaction score
Sent off my final signatures and deposit this afternoon with MD. Aaron and Sandi were very easy to deal with and responsive.
$68,791 +doc fee.
2023 ram 1500 limited crew cab 4x4 6’4 bed, delmonico red, limited level 1 equipment, 3.92 gears, 22inch polished wheels, panoramic sunroof, body color bumpers, trailer brake.

This will probably be the longest 3-6 months of my life waiting for it to come in.

Rob Ram

Reaction score
I have never ordered a vehicle before and have a dumb question.

If I order a vehicle and then it is delivered to the dealer, are the incentives that say “must take delivery from dealer inventory” available to me when I take delivery of the truck? Or since the vehicle was ordered from the factory for me, it is not considered dealer inventory?

Thanks for any info.

Fordication

Reaction score
A few members have mentioned the desire to have a price paid thread so I decided to do one and pin it here so it will be easy for everyone to find.

I think the best way to make this thread is as follows:
MSRP of the specific truck
What Rebates and incentives were applied and $ amounts
Any further negotiations
Final price

Please do not include trade in values, taxes, OTD price or anything like that as those are all variable depending on where you live etc. Rebates and incentives are also regional so also please post up where you purchased the truck and when.

Example:

2016 Ram 1500 Sport

MSRP $64,440
-$10,000 rebate from Ram
-$1000 skilled trades rebate
-$3940 additional negotiated at dealer
=$49,500 paid

Vancouver. B.C August 2016
Just bought my 2022 Laramie 4x2 with a MSRP of 59820 plus add on's such as protections and locking nuts. The had marked the new truck down to 51920 from MSRP. Because I owned a 2019 Ram they took off another 1K coupon to bring the price down to 50920. Then with trade I financed 42900K for 7 years at 0% interest. I did not get any other rebates because of that financing. Payments below 600 a month on what I say is the truck of my dreams. I cannot wait to take it for a long ride. Still need to add the trailer brake controller, spray in bed liner, the Amps auto running boards and 2 six packs of Shiner Bock in the back seat ice chest in the floor of the cab.

Last edited:

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Just bought my 2002 Laramie 4x2 with a MSRP of 59820 plus add on's such as protections and locking nuts. The had marked the new truck down to 51920 from MSRP. Because I owned a 2019 Ram they took off another 1K coupon to bring the price down to 50920. Then with trade I financed 42900K for 7 years at 0% interest. I did not get any other rebates because of that financing. Payments below 600 a month on what I say is the truck of my dreams. I cannot wait to take it for a long ride. Still need to add the trailer brake controller, spray in bed liner, the Amps auto running boards and 2 six packs of Shiner Bock in the back seat ice chest in the floor of the cab.
Congrats!... I guess you mean 2022 Laramie

70runner

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on Auburn dealer. Why did you fly to Spokane, 5 hours away from Auburn instead of Seattle? I will try them and Dave Smith in N. Idaho as well.
You're welcome. Damn, thinking Seattle and typed Spokane. Auburn CDJR is only a 12mi drive from Seattle airport.

Lastcall8

Reaction score
Sent off my final signatures and deposit this afternoon with MD. Aaron and Sandi were very easy to deal with and responsive.
$68,791 +doc fee.
2023 ram 1500 limited crew cab 4x4 6’4 bed, delmonico red, limited level 1 equipment, 3.92 gears, 22inch polished wheels, panoramic sunroof, body color bumpers, trailer brake.

This will probably be the longest 3-6 months of my life waiting for it to come in.
when do you think the build will go online on the website? Where is this MD at? Thanks in advance

Kevinn

Reaction score
when do you think the build will go online on the website? Where is this MD at? Thanks in advance
Mark Dodge in Louisiana.
I got the order number the following morning and the VIN was already available when I loaded up the order number on the site. Actually still confused if this is the real VIN because everyone else posted days between confirmation and getting VIN’s

Shizzo

Reaction score
Could someone please share the email addresses for Aaron and/or Sandi at Mark Dodge? Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread