5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

mcat79

Reaction score
I'm not getting the $1000 bonus cash pop-up anymore. Anyone else? Hopefully I take delivery by May 16!
The fine print states time of order or delivery. You should be fine.

1. $1,000 Bonus Cash Allowance valid toward the purchase or lease of new 2022 Ram 1500 trucks (excludes TRX). Must order or take retail delivery by 05/02/2022 .

fat trout

Reaction score
The fine print states time of order or delivery. You should be fine.

1. $1,000 Bonus Cash Allowance valid toward the purchase or lease of new 2022 Ram 1500 trucks (excludes TRX). Must order or take retail delivery by 05/02/2022 .
So I just took notice of the "Must order or..." part of this. Not to ask a dumb question but you can apply this even to an order that arrives after the retail delivery 5/2/22 date? Thats how I'm taking it. That was something I didn't realize. I thought you had to have it delivery by 5/2/22 for it to work. Hmmm.

mcat79

Reaction score
So I just took notice of the "Must order or..." part of this. Not to ask a dumb question but you can apply this even to an order that arrives after the retail delivery 5/2/22 date? Thats how I'm taking it. That was something I didn't realize. I thought you had to have it delivery by 5/2/22 for it to work. Hmmm.
It says order OR take delivery. I take that as - as long as the order is placed, you can receive whenever, even beyond the expiration. I could be wrong…

maybe someone else who went through this already can comment. I’m still trying to get my order placed :)

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
I never read the fine print, I was always focused on this:
How to Redeem
Step 1: Contact your dealer with your unique certificate code
Step 2: Take delivery by 05/23/2022
May take up to 48 hours for incentive data
to appear in dealer systems

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
Its very rare that the fine print has better terms than the bold print! I think it would take a dealer to answer for sure.
My concern is that it might only work when taking delivery beyond the stated date IF you lock in incentives at time of order. IE the coupon is based on order date if you lock incentives at time of order but delivery date if you take incentives at time of delivery.
This is just my own speculation/worry.

Last edited:

shystalips1

Reaction score
Im about to place order with criswell tommorrow. Salesman seems to think its only valid for incentives at time of delivery. Anyone have any incite that could help me out tommorrow?

m.hamner

Reaction score
Im about to place order with criswell tommorrow. Salesman seems to think its only valid for incentives at time of delivery. Anyone have any incite that could help me out tommorrow?
Depending on the dealer, you should be able to lock in the price of the vehicle with current factory incentives that are going on NOW and exchange the factory incentives for whatever factory incentives are better going on at the time of purchase, if any. I think the term that's common is "price locked" when you order the truck. If they're not willing to do that, I'd check with Mark Dodge or Koons through the forums here.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
Do a build on Ramtrucks.com; contact sandi at Mark Dodge, give her your build, mention you are a 5th gen ram forum member and to email you back your best price. that should be it.
Sir I forgot to thank you but I did exactly what you told me to. Sandi is great. I've got an ESD 4/24. Local dealers wouldn't go below invoice. I really appreciate it!

shystalips1

Reaction score
Depending on the dealer, you should be able to lock in the price of the vehicle with current factory incentives that are going on NOW and exchange the factory incentives for whatever factory incentives are better going on at the time of purchase, if any. I think the term that's common is "price locked" when you order the truck. If they're not willing to do that, I'd check with Mark Dodge or Koons through the forums here.
Yup, I found it. It's called sold order protection. It's on page 3-4 on the chrysler capital retail program guide👍

heffy

Reaction score
Its very rare that the fine print has better terms than the bold print! I think it would take a dealer to answer for sure.
My concern is that it might only work when taking delivery beyond the stated date IF you lock in incentives at time of order. IE the coupon is based on order date if you lock incentives at time of order but delivery date if you take incentives at time of delivery.
This is just my own speculation/worry.
I didn't know about the 1000.00 at time I ordered, then like you saw that everyone here was talking about it. So I did it...and my truck just got to MD and today I sprung the coupon on them and they took it with no question about me getting it after I ordered the truck...we'll see if Ram questions it in the next few days.

DMutt

Reaction score
New member here. I have never ordered a vehicle before and have learned a lot from these forums. I've noticed a lot of people can get 2-6% under invoice on ordering a 2022 ram 1500, but no one states what financing they are doing. Are those members paying cash up front? Is it unrealistic to try and get a truck under invoice and 0% financing for 60 or 72 months?

morris08

Reaction score
New member here. I have never ordered a vehicle before and have learned a lot from these forums. I've noticed a lot of people can get 2-6% under invoice on ordering a 2022 ram 1500, but no one states what financing they are doing. Are those members paying cash up front? Is it unrealistic to try and get a truck under invoice and 0% financing for 60 or 72 months?

Check out Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA.

4-6% under Invoice, doesn’t matter cash or finance. Great people to work with, no haggle.
My Laramie is 12.5% off MSRP.
Free delivery up to 250 miles. Heard of some peeps flying in from California to pick up their Rams! :)

Last edited:

shystalips1

Reaction score
If you're anywhere close to Mark Dodge. Go there.
I was gonna buy and ship to PA from MD, but criswell ended up being cheaper after shipping was factored in.
That being said, I would have preferred to go with MD no doubt. 100% fair, honest, and professional - didn't think that existed in car sales😂

fat trout

Reaction score
If you're anywhere close to Mark Dodge. Go there.
I was gonna buy and ship to PA from MD, but criswell ended up being cheaper after shipping was factored in.
That being said, I would have preferred to go with MD no doubt. 100% fair, honest, and professional - didn't think that existed in car sales😂
Did you deal with Criswell online or go in? MD has seemed pretty cool in my initial contact but I'm in NJ and while a road trip might be in my future thats a long one. Closest Criswell seems to be nearly 200 mi for me as it is hence my question.

shystalips1

Reaction score
Did you deal with Criswell online or go in? MD has seemed pretty cool in my initial contact but I'm in NJ and while a road trip might be in my future thats a long one. Closest Criswell seems to be nearly 200 mi for me as it is hence my question.
I did it online. MD was cheaper but probably not enough to justify shipping, or the fly and drive back route.

shystalips1

Reaction score
I did it online. MD was cheaper but probably not enough to justify shipping, or the fly and drive back route.
That was for my build anyways
Im getting a quad cab bighorn 4x4 v8vvt,3.92,silver,tow package,night edition,bighorn level 2,off road package.
If you have a higher priced build it may be worth it though. Just in my case it wasnt👍

Last edited:

fat trout

Reaction score
That was for my build anyways
Im getting a quad cab bighorn 4x4 v8vvt,3.92,silver,tow package,night edition,bighorn level 2,off road package.
If you have a higher priced build it may be worth it though. Just in my case it wasnt👍
I reached out to them for a Big Horn / backcountry/ Crew /5 7 bed / V8. We'll see where it goes. Tks for the feedback.

heffy

Reaction score
Just finished my paperwork with MD 12% off MSRP after pop up coupon and also got 0% for 48 months. That's not counting the fair price they gave me for my trade and with the tax savings figured in I saved another 5% for a total of 17% off. I even figured in the extra cost of to get my trade there vs. flying. Well worth the "so called" hassle to go out of state to buy a truck! Also couldn't be more impressed by every body I came into contact with so far at MD. Will buy from them again for sure!!!

petersandler

Reaction score
You don't have to pay cash up front. I just ordered a 1500 Limited using the Tread Lightly affiliate program (Google Tread Lightly - look at the $100 member level). 1% below dealer invoice plus all applicable rebates and any FCA financing promotions. So in my case, 1% below invoice, $1500 in rebates, 0% FCA financing for 48 months (that worked out to about 11% below MSRP). If rebates are higher at time of delivery, I can take those. The 60 and 72 month financing didn't have 0%. I don't remember what the specific interest was, but I know that on the 60 month rate the interest charge was $2200 so I took the 0% for 48 months.

Users who are viewing this thread