5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Ironic that Ram website finally updated their pricing to match actual dealer system just in time for another price increase.

Funny you should say that. Here was my comment from just a few days ago.

Looks like Ram finally got all of the current pricing and incentives updated in the build tool. Better hurry before the prices go up again.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did they give you the option to pay tax? Renae told me they would charge tax and that my trade in would save me some of the taxes I'd have to pay.
Does this depend on what state you live in? I paid all my taxes after I got home and got the title paperwork in the mail. When I ordered I asked Sandi about it and she just told me, "We can do the Alabama tax for you when you purchase or you can do it when you get home, it's up to you". Aaron told me the same thing when I was closing.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Does this depend on what state you live in? I paid all my taxes after I got home and got the title paperwork in the mail. When I ordered I asked Sandi about it and she just told me, "We can do the Alabama tax for you when you purchase or you can do it when you get home, it's up to you". Aaron told me the same thing when I was closing.
MD did my out of state taxes for me.

Tika

Reaction score
I believe sales tax is charged for the state a vehicle is registered. When I picked up my truck at Bud Clary in Auburn WA, they gave me a temporary registration so I could drive it home and didn't charge sales tax. I paid the tax when I registered the truck in socal. If an out of state dealer does add sales tax, it should be calculated for the state it will be registered in.
sales tax isnt just state its your address where truck will be registered.........sometimes dealers will collect their states tax and you pay balance at DMV when you register it where you live.....some do the out of state reg but some dont.....done a few out of state purchases and live in so cal so i get hosed with 10.25%

its where you live or where truck will be registered.....

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Did I read a 2nd price hike???
My theory is they figure people are still buying these vehicles at MSRP, why not tack on some extra cash.
Then when things get back to normal, they will do their usual RAM discounts at $20K off MSRP instead of the usual $10K off.

mcat79

Reaction score
I’m currently in the ordering process and the dealer did inform me that a price hike went into affect today, but was for the TRX and HD’s only.

NHRoadking

Reaction score
Dealers and manufacturers are using inflation to hike prices/ profits and in the process fueling more inflation. They made record profits last year.

Sucks to be a consumer and a truck purchaser.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I’m currently in the ordering process and the dealer did inform me that a price hike went into affect today, but was for the TRX and HD’s only.

That is different than what I was told. My dealer emailed me that Ram was taking a price increase, but they wanted to let me know that I was price protected on my Rebel order. I guess we will find out soon.

Rich6896

Reaction score
I don't think I should post here. There was no negotiation. I told MD what I want, they told me the price. Easiest car purchase ever. Normally I go into a dealer, haggle, threaten to leave, leave, then get called back. LOL, I feel like I'm missing something:)

mcat79

Reaction score
I don't think I should post here. There was no negotiation. I told MD what I want, they told me the price. Easiest car purchase ever. Normally I go into a dealer, haggle, threaten to leave, leave, then get called back. LOL, I feel like I'm missing something:)

Agreed, MD has been a pleasure to work with so far. More dealers need to adopt that model.

mophead

Reaction score

Give us your number and everyone can call you with a higher price. That'll make you all better. :cool:

MichaelR

Reaction score
So, I had no idea about MD until after already placing a order for a Rebel with my local dealer.

I’m kinda curious what other people’s numbers are like and how much more I’m paying by not going the MD route.

For what it’s worth my dealer gave me invoice + $1500 not including any discounts available when I take delivery. Currently there are about $3500 worth of discounts I’m eligible for including the $1000 website coupon so I’ll be around $2000 under invoice.

MSRP - $66,225
Invoice (+$1500) - $63,540
Price with discounts $60,040

So about 9% below MSRP and ~ 3% below invoice.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone used or happen to know about the $1000 incentive for using (opening) the ram credit card? Does it stack on the $1000 pop up incentive from the ram build site? Thanks

mcat79

Reaction score
So, I had no idea about MD until after already placing a order for a Rebel with my local dealer.

I’m kinda curious what other people’s numbers are like and how much more I’m paying by not going the MD route.

For what it’s worth my dealer gave me invoice + $1500 not including any discounts available when I take delivery. Currently there are about $3500 worth of discounts I’m eligible for including the $1000 website coupon so I’ll be around $2000 under invoice.

MSRP - $66,225

As a reference point, I have a build with MD for an MSRP of $64,840 and a sales price of $56,560 plus any incentives, web site coupon and then affiliate discount. With current incentives I will be around $54,000

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score

MSRP - $66,225

The incentives available at pickup would be the same either way and your price at MD would be about $58,940 + 440. I'd say there is about $4k of meat on the bone. My build is cheaper than yours, and my local dealers were right at invoice (less incentives) and MD was $2400 cheaper.

Last edited:

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
Has anyone used or happen to know about the $1000 incentive for using (opening) the ram credit card? Does it stack on the $1000 pop up incentive from the ram build site? Thanks
The incentive I see is rewarded after you spend $7500 on the card. I think it would stack but it's only available on certain models right now the only 5th gen ram being the limited

MichaelR

Reaction score
As a reference point, I have a build with MD for an MSRP of $64,840 and a sales price of $56,560 plus any incentives, web site coupon and then affiliate discount. With current incentives I will be around $54,000
Well… stuff!

So MD is about 8% under invoice before incentives and 11% under invoice after incentives.

m.hamner

Reaction score

MSRP - $66,225

Invoice or a little under seems to be a very good deal. There's a lot of other makes that are going for asking.

sactruck

Reaction score
The Ram card $1000 incentive did not stack with the $1000 pop up incentive or the $500 Penfed credit union incentive when I picked up my Longhorn last month. I had to choose one.

bigtexco

Reaction score
I got my 22 Ram 1500 Limited about 10% under MSRP 77K and sales price 69K after rebates. Here at Ancira in San Antonio.

Users who are viewing this thread