5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Duckfan1967

Reaction score
So, I had no idea about MD until after already placing a order for a Rebel with my local dealer.

I’m kinda curious what other people’s numbers are like and how much more I’m paying by not going the MD route.

For what it’s worth my dealer gave me invoice + $1500 not including any discounts available when I take delivery. Currently there are about $3500 worth of discounts I’m eligible for including the $1000 website coupon so I’ll be around $2000 under invoice.

MSRP - $66,225
Invoice (+$1500) - $63,540
Price with discounts $60,040

So about 9% below MSRP and ~ 3% below invoice.
MSRP $70,425
MD price $62418
Incentives $3000 ($1500 Ram, $1000 online build pop up, $500 military.
Final with incentives $59418

Reactions: c3k

JoeI21

Reaction score
i’m trying to figure out how to calculate invoice price vs window sticker price. any help would be great

testcrewman

Reaction score
i’m trying to figure out how to calculate invoice price vs window sticker price. any help would be great
Subtract the post-discount price from the pre-discount price. Divide this new number by the pre-discount price. Multiply the resultant number by 100.

Nels

Reaction score
I recently had a local dealer price out a Laramie and a Bighorn as if a new order. They provided both MSRP and Invoice. Invoice runs around 92% to 94%.

m.hamner

Reaction score
I got my 22 Ram 1500 Limited about 10% under MSRP 77K and sales price 69K after rebates. Here at Ancira in San Antonio.
Yeah, that's a decent deal. My MSRP 79,545 for 64,976 before tax, title, registration. Includes all rebates, dealer and factory promotions/incentives. deal negotiated 2/22/22

testcrewman

Reaction score
Just completed my deal with MD. Exactly what everyone else here has said about MD. No slight of hand, no tricks or gimmicks. Even matched my MaxCare quote with no haggling. After rebates, ended up paying $60,438.00. Not bad at all for a $72,000 truck. Driving down tomorrow to pick it up.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
Just completed my deal with MD. Exactly what everyone else here has said about MD. No slight of hand, no tricks or gimmicks. Even matched my MaxCare quote with no haggling. After rebates, ended up paying $60,438.00. Not bad at all for a $72,000 truck. Driving down tomorrow to pick it up.

Is max care like an extension of the 3 year warranty or better? And where do you look up price?

testcrewman

Reaction score
Is max care like an extension of the 3 year warranty or better? And where do you look up price?
I received my quote from https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/process/quickquote.aspx?type=primary . I got the 8 year / 100,000 mile MaxCare plan with a $200 deductible. And yes. It takes the bumper to bumper warranty and extends it to 8/100,000. Since this will be my forever truck, I thought it worth it to purchase an extended warranty. As an example of price, the finance guy quoted me a 5/100,000 for $1900. To me, that wasn't worth it because it only takes the factory warranty two more years. And since I knew I wasn't going to be driving 100,000 miles in 5 years, it wasn't worth it. Threw my Ziegler quote at him ($1780) and he matched it in 2 minutes. This is something else I learned from this forum. I can't thank everyone enough for the wealth of knowledge and assistance I have received since ordering my first truck December 3rd of last year.

Last edited:

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I received my quote from https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/process/quickquote.aspx?type=primary . I got the 8 year / 100,000 mile MaxCare plan with a $200 deductible. And yes. It takes the bumper to bumper warranty and extends it to 8/100,000. Since this will be my forever truck, I thought it worth it to purchase an extended warranty. As an example of price, the finance guy quoted me a 5/100,000 for $1900. To me, that wasn't worth it because it only takes the factory warranty two more years. And since I knew I wasn't going to be driving 100,000 miles in 5 years, it wasn't worth it. Threw my Ziegler quote at him ($1780) and he matched it in 2 minutes. This is something else I learned from this forum. I can't thank everyone enough for the wealth of knowledge and assistance I have received since ordering my first truck December 3rd of last year.
So are you saying the 8 year 100k warranty was how much?

shystalips1

Reaction score
Can someone please help me out? I'm about to place a build order for a bighorn quad cab. I have the 1k website coupon, 500 penfed. I thought I read somewhere in the forum that you could apply the current incentives to your build but if the incentives at delivery are better you could go with those. How does that work? I'm sorry i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed;)
Thanks in advance guys.

Jceblue1

Reaction score
Can someone please help me out? I'm about to place a build order for a bighorn quad cab. I have the 1k website coupon, 500 penfed. I thought I read somewhere in the forum that you could apply the current incentives to your build but if the incentives at delivery are better you could go with those. How does that work? I'm sorry i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed;)
Thanks in advance guys.
Yes you lock in Current incentives or when your truck comes in you can take the incentives for that month instead if you choose

shystalips1

Reaction score
So if I understand correctly, even if I "lock in" the current incentives, I can take advantage of current incentives at delivery if they are better instead?

testcrewman

Reaction score
Thanks in advance guys.
That will be done with the dealer you place your order with. They have the option of locking in the current incentives or allowing you to chose the incentives available at time of delivery, whichever is greater.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks in advance guys.
I ordered July 21 and didn’t get my truck till Feb 22. Anyway, I had signed paperwork showing incentives and rebates at time of order or at time of deliver. During the long wait for the truck, I got word that affiliate rewards was going away, so I called the dealer and asked to lock in current incentives, and was told it could not be done then, it would have needed to be done at time of order. It worked out because affiliate rewards came back, but I almost got screwed. I’m not saying that a dealer cannot use the rewards at time of order ( when it arrives ), but my dealer could or would not do it during the wait. Also my understanding is if you want to use affiliate rewards, it must be active at the time of payment. Also, these trucks are going up in price from time of order to delivery if it is a long wait. So you should have the discussion of how to lock in the price at time of order.

Users who are viewing this thread