5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

rbundy84

Reaction score
A report on GM states "The automaker offered up rosy projections for 2022, saying it expects “to see production improve” to the point where it returns to normal by mid-year"

If so, could this be true for Ram as well? Increase of supply and we may start to see better prices/discounts on the horizon.
Here is hoping - I kick myself on an almost daily basis for not pulling the trigger last March with MD….same truck now is probably $7500 more…

Southside

Reaction score
Here is hoping - I kick myself on an almost daily basis for not pulling the trigger last March with MD….same truck now is probably $7500 more
Same here, but only Nov of 2021. POC has gone up again in the couple weeks since i re-ordered, but now that i'm price protected its much less stressful than previously.

Big Tup

Reaction score
Same here, but only Nov of 2021. POC has gone up again in the couple weeks since i re-ordered, but now that i'm price protected its much less stressful than previously.
I have asked this question in the past but havent seen an answer. Can you explain exactly how you are "price protected"? Is that in writing, if so, could you share a clip of that?

Southside

Reaction score
Here is a link to the thread i answered. Link Price Protected is a Stellantis procedure that a dealer can apply for the difference in their invoice price, from the time ordered until they are invoiced. It's supposedly complicated, slow, and generally a pain in the a$$. Not all dealers do it, from others here its been honored by Mark Dodge, and their rep put it in the email confirming.

Last edited:

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have asked this question in the past but havent seen an answer. Can you explain exactly how you are "price protected"? Is that in writing, if so, could you share a clip of that?
The rules for the dealership to be price protected are:
1) They have to sell the vehicle to the same person they placed the order for (which of course is on the POC).
2) They have to sell the vehicle to that person at the agreed upon price.
3) The buyer has to complete the paperwork for the vehicle within 14 days.

Not all dealerships will do it. Some dealerships don't even order the vehicle in your name and plan to mark it up one way or the other once it comes. Take it or leave it. Those dealerships suck. I wouldn't do business with one of those dealerships, they can pound sand.

Hasti17

Reaction score
A report on GM states "The automaker offered up rosy projections for 2022, saying it expects “to see production improve” to the point where it returns to normal by mid-year"

If so, could this be true for Ram as well? Increase of supply and we may start to see better prices/discounts on the horizon.
too many Confounding variables, this Excludes continued exaggerated inflation, rate hikes from the fed that may artificially lower demand but also continued strain to the supply chain for chips. to assume incentives get better, you have to also assume inflation wont be eating their margins if demand decreases. and with all of these factors in play, id honestly say its better to not wait than to let the inflation price eat away any incentives.

i ordered my ram in july. original MSRP at the time of order versus What i would pay at the moment is more than 4 grand more.
order from Mark dodge, or clearlake, or one of the raved about dealers on the forum, lock in a big discount and consider that your "incentives"

i work in corporate finance, if inflation is ten, our margins Go up 15% to compensate. there is a huge misconception between "incentives" and getting a deal. ram only gives YOU incentives that seek improve their margins overall by turning units. and its not at all assured in the current climate. if you wait till May, and trucks go up another 5%, and current incentives were to TRIPLE, you're still gonna end up paying more in the end.

Last edited:

Big Tup

Reaction score
Here is a link to the thread i answered. Link Price Protected is a Stellantis procedure that a dealer can apply for the difference in their invoice price, from the time ordered until they are invoiced. It's supposedly complicated, slow, and generally a pain in the a$$. Not all dealers do it, from others here its been honored by Mark Dodge, and their rep put it in the email confirming.
Thanks. I would love to see a screen shot or a pic of the actual verbiage of price protection in detail.

Phippy

Reaction score
So I was browsing the Ram website to check out this months incentives. Obviously I was curious in the Laramie incentives since mine just started production but probably won't be on my dealers lot till March which is good since it's supposively Ram Truck Month. Anyways a pop up presents itself it was a $1,000 bonus cash allowance so I submitted my info and instantly I received a email with a certificate code I can present to my dealer. It can be used for purchase or lease that includes any other rebates as well. Need to take purchase by 4/4 which shouldn't be a problem with my special order. Curious anyone browsed their site and received one as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0104 copy.pdf
    157 KB · Views: 31

Rau

Reaction score
So I was browsing the Ram website to check out this months incentives. Obviously I was curious in the Laramie incentives since mine just started production but probably won't be on my dealers lot till March which is good since it's supposively Ram Truck Month. Anyways a pop up presents itself it was a $1,000 bonus cash allowance so I submitted my info and instantly I received a email with a certificate code I can present to my dealer. It can be used for purchase or lease that includes any other rebates as well. Need to take purchase by 4/4 which shouldn't be a problem with my special order. Curious anyone browsed their site and received one as well.
That's cool. I didn't get any messages like this. What is your zip code, maybe it was targeted in certain areas?

Rau

Reaction score
This is the only message I get every time.
0d2c69337dbf4c6531dba20a65c716d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigteeze

Reaction score
Finally got one but it took A LOT of tries and time just browsing the Ram website/building out trucks for no reason. I also did what the others suggested using incognito and disabling pop-up blockers.

Users who are viewing this thread