5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Talking to MD on a 2022 1500 3.0 order. Which one would you take?
1500 Limited, 6'4 Box, Diesel, Limited Level 1, 33 Gallon Gas Tank = 64,447 + 447 Doc Fee & TTL.
1500 Laramie, 6'4 Box, Diesel, Laramie Level 2, Southwest Edition, 33 Gas Tank, Air Suspension = 61,394 + 447 Doc Fee & TTL.
I’d go with the Limited... better headlights, nicer leather, softer seats, Level 1 also includes Advanced Safety Group and rear ventilated seats if that matters

Could also save yourself some time as there is a dealer closer to you in Buford, GA selling for same price below invoice as MD

Mike Clinnin at Mall of Georgia CDJR
[email protected]

Edit: Forgot you also have another dealer nearby in Springfield, TN that has similar pricing to MD

Dan or Renee at Gupton Motors CDJR
[email protected]
or
[email protected]

Last edited:

ChattanoogaTNRam

Reaction score
I’d go with the Limited... better headlights, nicer leather, softer seats, Level 1 also includes Advanced Safety Group and rear ventilated seats if that matters

Could also save yourself some time as there is a dealer closer to you in Buford, GA selling for same price below invoice as MD

Mike Clinnin at Mall of Georgia CDJR
[email protected]

Edit: Forgot you also have another dealer nearby in Springfield, TN that has similar pricing to MD

Dan or Renee at Gupton Motors CDJR
[email protected]
or
[email protected]

Thanks for the feedback. I want to support MD since
I didn't have to play any games. Literally a few emails and I don't mind the drive. I am going with the limited!

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I want to support MD since
I didn't have to play any games. Literally a few emails and I don't mind the drive. I am going with the limited!
Good choice. I really like the Southwest Edition, but if payload wasn't a concern, I'd have gone with a Limited Night Edition.

mophead

Reaction score
I got 6% under Invoice, 5% was their doing and the extra 1% was FCA Affiliate program.

Total was about 15% under MSRP

I was told that if you kept the truck order under 60k then you get 6% under invoice plus 1% with FCA

Ordered truck, put 1k down.

Credit was tier one when I ran credit a week before going.

I paid zero out of pocket, when I mean zero, literally zero, and got my 1k deposit refunded.

Truck msrp was 65k left at 57k otd lease, zero down, 0.0004MF, 56% residual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has a Leasehacker score of 9.6 which is damn good, really damn good for the current climate. Maybe they'll start coming down some more.

LEASEHACKR SCORE THE NUMBER OF YEARS IT WOULD TAKE FOR THE EFFECTIVE MONTHLY PAYMENTS TO ACCUMULATE TO THE MSRP AMOUNT. THE HIGHER THE SCORE, THE BETTER THE DEAL.:9.6 years

Ram_Roamer

Reaction score
Ugh, It's currently .00235 on a Rebel in Texas. Hopefully that improves by the time my truck comes in.
equivalent APR is 5.6% for that. that's what i expected given the current **** leases. that's why i was surprised with 0.0004. With a 5.6% you should really consider own. I dont know what you situation is but at least when you own, you earn the equity instead of paying "rent".

cobrakai77584

Reaction score
equivalent APR is 5.6% for that. that's what i expected given the current **** leases. that's why i was surprised with 0.0004. With a 5.6% you should really consider own. I dont know what you situation is but at least when you own, you earn the equity instead of paying "rent".
You're absolutely right. I definitely will weigh all the numbers, rebates etc. when the time comes. I much prefer leasing as I like to get into a new vehicle every couple of years with no hassle. We'll see what Chrysler capital, Ally and my credit union are saying come March.

myownstatus

Reaction score
Has a Leasehacker score of 9.6 which is damn good, really damn good for the current climate. Maybe they'll start coming down some more.

LEASEHACKR SCORE THE NUMBER OF YEARS IT WOULD TAKE FOR THE EFFECTIVE MONTHLY PAYMENTS TO ACCUMULATE TO THE MSRP AMOUNT. THE HIGHER THE SCORE, THE BETTER THE DEAL.:9.6 years

I was blessed to be honest and I am happy.

mophead

Reaction score
I was blessed to be honest and I am happy.

I almost pulled the trigger last April. Aaron at MD gave me a great deal, but wasn't sure what was going on with retirement. Kinda wish I had gone ahead. No Laramie Quads now. Really bummed.

You got a good price, really good residual and a great MF. Enjoy and indeed be thankful.

Ram_Roamer

Reaction score
You're absolutely right. I definitely will weigh all the numbers, rebates etc. when the time comes. I much prefer leasing as I like to get into a new vehicle every couple of years with no hassle. We'll see what Chrysler capital, Ally and my credit union are saying come March.
Agree, each situation is different. Lease is a good option, might actually be the best bet if you like to switch out cars every couple years. You're fixed on residual value, probably will work out in your favor in 2-3 years even though you're not getting the best deal right now.

No one knows whats going to happen in the future but i foresee a car market crash after all this non-sense we're having, tons of people locking into negative equity AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE paying at or even worse above MSRP. It's going to be a nightmare!

either route you go, wishing you a great outcome!

myownstatus

Reaction score
Agree, each situation is different. Lease is a good option, might actually be the best bet if you like to switch out cars every couple years. You're fixed on residual value, probably will work out in your favor in 2-3 years even though you're not getting the best deal right now.

No one knows whats going to happen in the future but i foresee a car market crash after all this non-sense we're having, tons of people locking into negative equity AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE paying at or even worse above MSRP. It's going to be a nightmare!

either route you go, wishing you a great outcome!
On a personal note, I did not know when I sold my car back in October it was this bad and was getting worse by the day. I thought I was going to get into a vehicle rather quickly. So I went and shopped around to only find no stock of an affordable truck. I was in the market for a truck, just did not know which one. I looked at Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Ram, Chevy and found nothing than overpriced vehicles.

After a lot of running around I settled for Ram, one for being a previous Dodge owner.

I do not think this (car) market is going to crash anytime soon, if not ever, not even the economy. I think the entire market (Housing, consumer goods, vehicles, income, debt, finances) all will shift to a new norm. Even with all the craziness going around, people are still buying everything at a premium cost. It is like alcohol, when you are out partying you will see $20+ an 8oz cup of Jack and Coke per say and people buy, I see it happen every day.

As long as people have the buying power, the economy will continue to respond as is and with Covid going around resulting in shortages, only the ones with deep enough pockets will be able to survive.

Big Tup

Reaction score
So, total sidenote, but Mark Dodge is under the impression that February is included in on Ram Month this year. Hopefully we get confirmation tomorrow 😎
Please let us know if February is included in Ram Month. It hasnt in the past. My Brother is anticipating delivery of his 2022 Limited Longhorn this month.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
A report on GM states "The automaker offered up rosy projections for 2022, saying it expects “to see production improve” to the point where it returns to normal by mid-year"

If so, could this be true for Ram as well? Increase of supply and we may start to see better prices/discounts on the horizon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread