5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
That sheet shows $8495 savings. What is the context of those savings? Meaning, what is the actual dealership discount and what rebates are included in that “savings”?

On the face of the deal I would be inclined to tell them to stuff that offer because of the $1253 dollars in dealership fees. That is absolute BS.

Southside

Reaction score
Just got an updated POC, looks like the Rebel MSRP has increased again in cost. Base is now $53895 (+900), Hemi eTorque $2795 (+500), Back to Rebel Level 2 instead of "B" $3200 (+270), Night Back to $1895 (+1370), and $3 more in gas! :rolleyes:

This is my second increase since ordering beginning of December, through Chapman, which doesn't price protect.

Runagun

Reaction score
Just got an updated POC, looks like the Rebel MSRP has increased again in cost. Base is now $53895 (+900), Hemi eTorque $2795 (+500), Back to Rebel Level 2 instead of "B" $3200 (+270), Night Back to $1895 (+1370), and $3 more in gas! :rolleyes:

This is my second increase since ordering beginning of December, through Chapman, which doesn't price protect.
It's only $$$. It's the service that counts 😉

dlhousejr

Reaction score
Wow, placed my order 12/18 with my local Fayetteville NC dealer for a Rebel at MSRP. Should have read these threads first, at 4-5% off invoice seems like it’s worth eating my 1k deposit and just placing a new order. Any thoughts?

Also any way to salvage my deposit with loopholes?

myownstatus

Reaction score
Wow, placed my order 12/18 with my local Fayetteville NC dealer for a Rebel at MSRP. Should have read these threads first, at 4-5% off invoice seems like it’s worth eating my 1k deposit and just placing a new order. Any thoughts?

Also any way to salvage my deposit with loopholes?

Did you sign anything, stating deposit was non refundable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

myownstatus

Reaction score
Nothing I signed has the words non-refundable on it. Just remember the sales rep saying that off handedly.

In that case if you used a card, call the bank and get your money back. I did the same with a dealer that did not want to work with me. So I disputed the charge. I got me money back in a week.

Ordered as different truck with a better deal, saving close to 10k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know some folks are limited with how many dealers they have close but before going through the ordering process with our Pacifica I learned to insist on a fully refundable deposit and price lock with incentives before ordering. Took me a couple dealers but eventually got the best price, $500 fully refundable deposit, and price lock and all in writing and signed on the poc. Made the wait much less stressful.

Runagun

Reaction score
Sounds like something someone with money would say. Not everyone has the luxury to throw money around like that
Naw, just being sarcastic. With all the MD information. Even tho cause of distance not sure why anyone would mess with other bs dealers.

Nova90

Reaction score

Their reluctance to price protect as well as price protect the sold order incentives at the time of order is what drove me to order with Mark Dodge. I bought my 2017 Ram from Chapman and continue to have my Rebel serviced at Chapman. They just couldn't get competitive to get the deal done.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Price protection is a huge deal. If I did not have it through Mark Dodge I'd likely be looking at, at least a $2300 price increase (the EP spread). The MSRP increase on my build is $2570 in between the time I ordered and right now.

franc944

Reaction score
4-5% off invoice is fake internet talk. You could hit that by buying 1% below invoice and throwing in a few rebates but that’s the only way. Everyone gets rebates regardless of purchase price

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
4-5% off invoice is fake internet talk. You could hit that by buying 1% below invoice and throwing in a few rebates but that’s the only way. Everyone gets rebates regardless of purchase price
The invoice price on my limited is $69,358. Employee Pricing is $66,090. Mark Dodge's price for me is $63,395. If Affiliate Pricing is back, I get another $500 off of that for $62,895. If there are any rebates available when I pick it up, those stack as well. That's 9% below invoice.

My local dealership does not price protect (or participate in Affiliate Pricing) and told me that my build would be at MSRP which is $75,550.

If you're not getting at least 4%-5% off invoice on a Ram then you aren't doing your homework and/or you aren't willing to travel. I'll gladly drop $500-$800 on a 1 way ticket/food/fuel to drive mine home 550 miles or so.

ashott989

Reaction score
MSRP of my truck order was $56,755. Sale price was $50,254. That's not rebates/incentives, just sale price from Mark Dodge.

Here is a link to the thread that SnowBlaZR2 is referencing: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how-to-get-the-best-price-on-your-new-ram.26103/

This is the method I followed, as many others have, to get the best deal I could. I tried about 10 other dealerships and none came close, this included local ones and ones that my family has bought from for 20+ years. Hope this helps you or somebody else out there.

Last edited:

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There's a whole thread of people who say otherwise, and that's from one dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread