5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like you're missing the part about contacting Mark Dodge. That is what most users including myself are doing.
💯

The build in my signature is $63614 with fees. MSRP of $72,980 and invoice of $66,934. That was June though and the stickers on Limiteds I see now are almost 2K higher in base MSRP.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
💯

The build in my signature is $63614 with fees. MSRP of $72,980 and invoice of $66,934. That was June though and the stickers on Limiteds I see now are almost 2K higher in base MSRP.
So when I added LL1 to mine, the base MSRP went from $61830 to $63510. My cost went from $63201 to high $66k.

Tranzella

Reaction score
Sounds like you're missing the part about contacting Mark Dodge. That is what most users including myself are doing.
I understand that and I have been talking to Sandi already. MSRP lines up almost exactly to the app and Sandi’s best price is just about 11% off of MSRP. I’m just wondering how @cobrakai77584 got to $49k with the options he ordered. Right now I’m at $57k for a Rebel with the Hemi, Level B, Night edition and Rebel 12.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I understand that and I have been talking to Sandi already. MSRP lines up almost exactly to the app and Sandi’s best price is just about 11% off of MSRP. I’m just wondering how @cobrakai77584 got to $49k with the options he ordered. Right now I’m at $57k for a Rebel with the Hemi, Level B, Night edition and Rebel 12.
He was talking about a 202=1= model. Are you looking at 202=2=?

saccpa

Reaction score
Oh, I bought it off the lot…This particular dealer (Elk Grove CDRJ near Sacramento) has quite a few in stock at the same discount. This was in October so the bonus cash offers may be Different now.

I lucked out with a local dealer, as I was all ready to fly back east to buy a truck & drive it back to California to get that extra dealer discount. One dealer about 200 miles away from me flat out said I was lying and that I should jump on the (9k off) deal since they were marking up their Rams a minimum of $5995 over MSRP
I'm looking at a Laramie on the lot at Elk Grove, too. Amazing how many they have. Did you get any further discount off what's advertised on their website? And how'd they do on your trade, if you had one?

I have had a similar experience as you did with other dealers, so Elk Grove seems too good to be true! Catch is they are all 2021's.

Derek916

Reaction score
I'm looking at a Laramie on the lot at Elk Grove, too. Amazing how many they have. Did you get any further discount off what's advertised on their website? And how'd they do on your trade, if you had one?

I have had a similar experience as you did with other dealers, so Elk Grove seems too good to be true! Catch is they are all 2021's.
They have a lot and I was tempted but Level A Laramie means no BSM.

Joesmud1

Reaction score

I did not get any additional off...but I did negotiate more off my trade. They were about 2k higher than my CarMax & Auto Trader offers.

One thing to note is their online trade pricing is not really accurate and they wont honor it. The online quote I got for my 2015 Tacoma was apprx $23,900 and they lowballed me at $17k to start the negotiations (I almost walked out)...but we ended up at $22,500 for my trade so I left thinking I might've gotten an additional $500 and my wife was ready to go...LOL

I think the Laramie trucks had less bonus cash when I looked in October or otherwise I would've tried to move up.

BlackBeauty14

Reaction score
💯

Im guessing all trims have been raised by $2000 since I noticed the bighorns have gone up that much also.

jzinckgra

Reaction score
💯

I'm just amazed at the cost of these trucks compared to 2019. Looking at a 2019 fully loaded Limited, the price was ~$60,000. Now they're 70k+.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just amazed at the cost of these trucks compared to 2019. Looking at a 2019 fully loaded Limited, the price was ~$60,000. Now they're 70k+.
Yep, and that is what is driving used car prices higher. Inflation, supply/demand and hype have pushed new vehicle prices to a level that most Americans can’t or won’t pay.

jzinckgra

Reaction score
Yep, and that is what is driving used car prices higher. Inflation, supply/demand and hype have pushed new vehicle prices to a level that most Americans can’t or won’t pay.
Do you think new pricing will ever come back to 2019 levels again or is this the proverbial new norm?

Last edited:

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you think new pricing will ever come back to 2019 levels again or is the proverbial new norm?
If I could predict that, I'd retire tomorrow! ;) If I would have been able to predict the ridiculous prices used vehicles are getting, I'd have purchased a fleet back in Jan/Feb 2020 and be rolling in the dough today.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MSRP always goes up a little with "normal" inflation (don't get me started on our money system". Based on that, no, we'll never see 2019 prices again. But I do think once we get the chip supplies figured out and the new vehicle supply starts to match demand again we'll see prices drop. If I was considering ordering a new vehicle or just buying any vehicle right now in November 2021, I would ask myself if I can wait 2 or 3 years and hold what I've got because I don't think we'll be in the same pricing environment in 2025.

So many people buying vehicles high and financing them really, really worries me about what their situation is going to start looking like as the supply starts to equalize in the future, and they are already laying the groundwork to get those levels back to normal.

Matt863

Reaction score
I had local dealer say best he could do on Limited was $72 because that's what he is paying for it and he doesn't know how MD can be at $66K with all the same options. LL1, Ram Box, Night Edition. MFT, 33g.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had local dealer say best he could do on Limited was $72 because that's what he is paying for it and he doesn't know how MD can be at $66K with all the same options. LL1, Ram Box, Night Edition. MFT, 33g.
Sounds like BS. Had a dealer in Atlanta try to pull the same crap on a 21 Laramie. I moved on. They still sold it to someone else, so they don't care.

soSincerious

Reaction score
They still sold it to someone else, so they don't care.

that's just it.

demand.

until demand tapers off and / or supply normalizes / supply meets lower demand ... prices will remain inflated.

so unless we all band together as a collective nation and say WE'RE NOT BUYING ANY VEHICLES. PERIOD !!! ...

... a demand which exceeds what supply can sustain = high prices

Tranzella

Reaction score
Just had the same experience at a local dealer on a Rebel. He came right out and said the offer at MD was BS and there’s no way it was legit. Has anybody here who ordered from MD had a bad experience with MD? In other words the price you were quoted was THE price when you took delivery?

Rau

Reaction score
Just had the same experience at a local dealer on a Rebel. He came right out and said the offer at MD was BS and there’s no way it was legit. Has anybody here who ordered from MD had a bad experience with MD? In other words the price you were quoted was THE price when you took delivery?

I can tell for sure that a couple of weeks ago MD was selling 1500s with $5k off Limiteds and $10k off Laramies. I bought a Laramie for my wife with $10.5 discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread