5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Bigteeze

Reaction score
Have you figured out the approximate cost to have it shipped to Portland. Just curious as I'm in So Cal and am interested in cost of shipping vs flying out and driving back. Thanks
The last quote I got on shipping from Aaron at MD was $1800-2100. That's with them arranging all of it. You might be able to find a better rate on your own but I'm not sure. Hope that helps.

Kenny4

Reaction score
The last quote I got on shipping from Aaron at MD was $1800-2100. That's with them arranging all of it. You might be able to find a better rate on your own but I'm not sure. Hope that helps.
So I'm assuming that even with adding approximately 2K to your purchase price you still have a better deal long distance vs local. That is quite a change of events as in years past Dillon and those guys in the Northwest had by far the best fly in/pick up deals. Pretty interesting.

Kenny4

Reaction score
For those recently looking through this thread, Mark CDJR in Lake Charles, LA. They have been consistently, if not THE absolute best deal in the country, very close to it. Many, and I mean MANY, forum members have ordered and purchased through this dealership and shipped the vehicle back to their home state. They gave me the single easiest and most rewarding new vehicle ordering and purchase experience I’ve ever experienced in my 51 years on this rock. Contact the manager Aaron Ginsburgh [email protected] and at least get a quote to use against your local dealership, and give him a chance to steal your deal away from the uncompetitive local dealerships we all too often feel compelled to deal with.
That's a pretty enthusiastic recommendation, but is also pretty consistent with the others chiming in. Someone side swiped my daughter and the insurance co. totaled her car, leaving her with no vehicle and a check worthy of buying a skateboard in this market. I may try Aaron to see what he can do on a Grand Cherokee for her, as she is driving my car now temporarily until we find her a replacement.

Last edited:

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
Anybody in the PNW able to get deals below invoice 3-5% similar to posted above at Criswell or Mark Dodge?
there were some people, way back in this thread, who got deals at kirkland cdjr. might be worth looking into, or maybe contacting those forum members to ask about their deal. otherwise you have to stick to the big boys mentioned on this forum; mark dodge, criswell, koons, lakeland all have members who say they got good deals. MD seems to be the current favorite.

Kenny4

Reaction score
I'm in So Cal which is 1600 miles from MD. If I fly out it's about $350 plus 2 nites at a hotel about $100 each and about $350 for gas at $4 p/g. That's about $900, ( probably a bit less ), For me to purchase long distance. I think also there is a required Ca smog for bringing it in from out of state.

Ldante197

Reaction score
I just ordered a fully loaded limited. MSRP was $75,420 and was able to get to $68,122 with my dealer which is almost 2% below invoice. I had a control # through my company and thought the whole thing would be easy until Ram stopped accepting them right when I was ready to buy. Luckily there are still dealers willing to dig into their own bottom line to get your business. Purchased from Faulkner CJDR of Mechanicsburg, PA.

I got a better quote from Criswell, but their trade offer wasn’t good and my trade would’ve put me outside of the “finance 75% of total vehicle price” contingency on their offer. So I paid a little more for the truck for a better deal overall from Faulkner, who also is over an hour more local to me.

I’ve been lurking on this thread for awhile. All the information on here really helped me out through my buying experience. Thanks All.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in So Cal which is 1600 miles from MD. If I fly out it's about $350 plus 2 nites at a hotel about $100 each and about $350 for gas at $4 p/g. That's about $900, ( probably a bit less ), For me to purchase long distance. I think also there is a required Ca smog for bringing it in from out of state.
They may be able to arrange delivery for around that (not sure what it costs right now) or you could arrange it on your own. Your other option is to sleep in Wal-Mart parking lots 😛

FWIW current gas prices at Murphy USA in Lake Charles is $2.79/gallon and it's $2.83/gallon in Albuquerque. You Cali guys sometimes forget you live in the and of really expensive compared to almost everywhere else 😛 (And yeah, I know those are 87 octane prices).

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
Does someone know about a site that did an in-depth comparison of the 21 Limited with 22 Limited edition? Someone shared that the 22 version actually has less features because of chip shortage.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Does someone know about a site that did an in-depth comparison of the 21 Limited with 22 Limited edition? Someone shared that the 22 version actually has less features because of chip shortage.

Three links with some information.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/2022/ram-1500/limited-10th-anniversary-edition.html

https://www.cars.com/articles/ram-1500-which-should-you-buy-2021-or-2022-442496/

canarygrass

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully locked in 0% financing from Mark Dodge for an order this month? One of Aaron's sales reps told me she can't lock in promotional financing.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully locked in 0% financing from Mark Dodge for an order this month? One of Aaron's sales reps told me she can't lock in promotional financing.
For a 2022? I was told by four different dealers that the 0% financing didn't apply to 2022 trucks or any new orders.

canarygrass

Reaction score
For a 2022? I was told by four different dealers that the 0% financing didn't apply to 2022 trucks or any new orders.
Yes for 2022....they confirmed I wouldn't be able to lock in.

Do you think it will be offered regularly throughout 2022 if I take the gamble on it being available at time of delivery? It's an extremely attractive incentive especially now without many cash back offers.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes for 2022....they confirmed I wouldn't be able to lock in.

Do you think it will be offered regularly throughout 2022 if I take the gamble on it being available at time of delivery? It's an extremely attractive incentive especially now without many cash back offers.

Seems to me that it's primarily being offered to sell 21s to some who are thinking about ordering a 22. That's pure speculation, but it would help them catch up on 22 orders.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ugh...I I literally reached out 8 different dealers in my area in NJ within 50 miles...each and every one of them would not even talk about affiliate pricing. It's basically MSRP or higher.

Any contacts I can reachout to about ordering in the northeast (Philly area). I think that this time around, I'm going to place a basic ram rebel order. Can't do hydro blue anymore.

Can't believe that MSRP is the starting price...so they won't get my business.

Can't do mark dodge, because of the 1500 mile travel.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ugh...I I literally reached out 8 different dealers in my area in NJ within 50 miles...each and every one of them would not even talk about affiliate pricing. It's basically MSRP or higher.

Any contacts I can reachout to about ordering in the northeast (Philly area). I think that this time around, I'm going to place a basic ram rebel order. Can't do hydro blue anymore.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

Mark Dodge will ship, and from everything I saw in my research, they do a great job with it for a pretty reasonable price.

Might be worth at least asking. You should still be under MSRP with the shipping included.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

Mark Dodge will ship, and from everything I saw in my research, they do a great job with it for a pretty reasonable price.

Might be worth at least asking. You should still be under MSRP with the shipping included.

Agreed, don't let 1500 miles stop you. That's how far they are from me too but once I saw their numbers I didn't hesitate and figured the rest (shipping in my case) out later. I ordered back in March and things weren't as crazy as they are now with this MSRP or higher stuff, but even back then they were the clear answer versus our ****ty northeast dealers.

Last I heard their dealer discount was still pretty healthy (I've seen 11-12% or so off msrp). That would put you way under msrp with shipping.

Hasti17

Reaction score

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

Agreed, don't let 1500 miles stop you. That's how far they are from me too but once I saw their numbers I didn't hesitate and figured the rest (shipping in my case) out later. I ordered back in March and things weren't as crazy as they are now with this MSRP or higher stuff, but even back then they were the clear answer versus our ****ty northeast dealers.

Last I heard their dealer discount was still pretty healthy (I've seen 11-12% or so off msrp). That would put you way under msrp with shipping.
Agreed PLUS it might give you some room past what you planned on paying to add some bells to whatever you order

Ldante197

Reaction score

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

Use Criswell CJDR in Maryland. its 2.5 hours from Philly and they’re offering 4% below invoice for forum members through the end of this month. You have to finance 75% of the vehicle price through them, regardless of trade value if you have one. For that reason I went elsewhere.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Use Criswell CJDR in Maryland. its 2.5 hours from Philly and they’re offering 4% below invoice for forum members through the end of this month. You have to finance 75% of the vehicle price through them, regardless of trade value if you have one. For that reason I went elsewhere.

That and don't they also have a large doc fee, or double dip the destination fee or something along those lines? I remember hearing something like that about them. That was the other good part about mark dodge, non of that bs to deal with at the end. Their doc fee did recently increase a few hundred to $444 but that still better than a lot of dealers with $900+ doc fee.

Ldante197

Reaction score
That and don't they also have a large doc fee, or double dip the destination fee or something along those lines? I remember hearing something like that about them. That was the other good part about mark dodge, non of that bs to deal with at the end. Their doc fee did recently increase a few hundred to $444 but that still better than a lot of dealers with $900+ doc fee.

I never made it that far… pulled the plug once my trade was undervalued so it didn’t exceed 25% of the truck price.

If they do that with their doc fee i think it still might be a good deal overall when comparing 4% under invoice + high doc fee to 1% below invoice an affiliate code would give you if they were being accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread