5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Reaction score
It’s called ‘Sold Order Protection’. It is a program through Chrysler that locks in current rebates and subvented financing rates at time of order. The beautiful thing is that you are protected either way. If the incentives are better at time of delivery you can take those, if the incentives are worse, you are locked in on the better incentives available at ordering. It’s a program available across all Makes an models of FCA vehicles. Your dealership will handle the paperwork, there have been some issues of stupid sales managers not knowing about the program (read that, Not knowing their job.). Push for it when ordering.
Well butter my bu# and call me a biscuit! That's a very nice consumer protection program it sounds like.

So we all should be pushing for "FCA Sold Order Consumer Incentive Protection" as well as "FCA Price Protection" when ordering and getting all that in writing/digital copies, yes?

I just hope that current incentives (exp 9/30/21) on 2021 MY can apply to an order placed now that will have to be a 2022 MY, if they are indeed better than those in effect upon delivery. I haven't been able to verify this for model year transitioning.

Mexd781

Reaction score
Well butter my bu# and call me a biscuit! That's a very nice consumer protection program it sounds like.

So we all should be pushing for "FCA Sold Order Consumer Incentive Protection" as well as "FCA Price Protection" when ordering and getting all that in writing/digital copies, yes?

I just hope that current incentives (exp 9/30/21) on 2021 MY can apply to an order placed now that will have to be a 2022 MY, if they are indeed better than those in effect upon delivery. I haven't been able to verify this for model year transitioning.

My dealer told me 2021 rebates don’t apply to the 22’s when I tried to protect 0% on my order

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought one about 2 weeks ago here outside of Raleigh. I picked up a granite crystal crew cab Laramie level 1 package. They included a spray in truck bed and it also has the long side steps as part of it. 3.21 gears but does have etorque and the 33 gallon tank. Price was $51,750. I did have a high mileage Honda Pilot for trade in which put me in the 40s. It was the cheapest one I could find around here.
Where in Raleigh?

ny2az

Reaction score
Spencer Heywood - Motor Inn Auto of Spirit Lake, IA. They're great. Sounds like they had been doing similar deals on Gladiators and their Google Reviews rave about the ordering process.
omaha,...
thx for the info ... Spencer was great to talk to ... l sent him my build sheet ... he priced it and l was surprised to see that he was just as competitive as MD... and there doc fee is only $100 compared to MD's new $414 ...
l would say to all here on the forum to look into Motor Inn Auto of Spirit Lake ... call or email him ... he is the GM there ...
[email protected]

Reaction score
My dealer told me 2021 rebates don’t apply to the 22’s when I tried to protect 0% on my order
That doesn't sound fair really to invoke some technicality (made up?). Why should I have to time my order correctly so that I can partake in a consumer protection program that others got to use and benefit from? There has to be some legal-ese to where that can't be allowed.

All the past information sheets on those programs don't seem to mention overlapping model years to be a restriction - unless I haven't seen the full program details posted.

dalmore

Reaction score
Is anyone having success getting discounts on 2021s that are on the lot? I'm looking for a new 2021 Rebel and I haven't had much luck with local dealers and those close to me (Arizona). I qualify for FCA through my employer and the dealers i've spoke to locally said they aren't honoring it for new vehicles on the lot. I'd be willing to drive/fly a bit but I also have a trade (2021 Laramie) so that complicates things a bit.

Mexd781

Reaction score
Is anyone having success getting discounts on 2021s that are on the lot? I'm looking for a new 2021 Rebel and I haven't had much luck with local dealers and those close to me (Arizona). I qualify for FCA through my employer and the dealers i've spoke to locally said they aren't honoring it for new vehicles on the lot. I'd be willing to drive/fly a bit but I also have a trade (2021 Laramie) so that complicates things a bit.
When I went to the dealership a month ago, he told me they wouldn't discount the '21s on the lot much since someone will come and buy it at asking price. The only way I could get good discounts was by ordering a 22.

ctbale

Reaction score
Depends on the dealer. I got the $3k rebate and 6% off sticker at the store in Roseburg Oregon. Prices on their website. No funny business, and no goofy "closing" fees. I went thru 10 stores that stuck to MSRP or raised the price and called it "market adjustment"

scubes13

Reaction score
Being in SC you’ll save a bunch of time and go to Mike Clinnin at Mall of Georgia CDJR in Buford, GA.

Same pricing as Mark Dodge.

[email protected]

@IvoryHemi as of right now, I have the following on the table from Mark Dodge on a 2022 RAM 1500 Limited
  • MSRP $76645
  • Sale price $66382 + $444 doc/temp tag/notary.
  • License fee $40.00
  • Title Fee $15.00
  • Sales tax $500
  • OTD: $67381 (before rebates and incentives)
I'm in SC and ~1500 miles away from their dealership.

I was really hopeful when I saw you mention Mike Clinnin @ Mall of Georgia in Buford, GA. I reached out to him. He said if it was a Wrangler he could discount but that he couldn't touch the MD price since it was a RAM.

Did I just get him on a bad day? Thoughts?

davidv2135

Reaction score
@IvoryHemi as of right now, I have the following on the table from Mark Dodge on a 2022 RAM 1500 Limited
  • MSRP $76645
  • License fee $40.00
  • Title Fee $15.00
  • Sales tax $500

I was really hopeful when I saw you mention Mike Clinnin @ Mall of Georgia in Buford, GA. I reached out to him. He said if it was a Wrangler he could discount but that he couldn't touch the MD price since it was a RAM.

What part of SC? I'm placing an order with MD tomorrow. I'm definitely not looking forward to that drive but I figure it's a good time to break it in. Is sales tax on a new vehicle only $500? I thought it was 6%.

Your price looks pretty solid to me. You can join Treadlightly for $100 and that'll get you another $500 off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scubes13

Reaction score
What part of SC? I'm placing an order with MD tomorrow. I'm definitely not looking forward to that drive but I figure it's a good time to break it in. Is sales tax on a new vehicle only $500? I thought it was 6%.

Your price looks pretty solid to me. You can join Treadlightly for $100 and that'll get you another $500 off.

I am in Mount Pleasant, SC. How about you?

Yeah, SC has a max of $500 sales tax on vehicles. (https://dor.sc.gov/tax/max-tax)

Thus far, have signed up for Access Fund (for $50) and MD said they'd give the $500 off.
Also signed up with PenFed for the $5 savings account to get that rebate/incentive as well. $1000, right?

davidv2135

Reaction score

Yeah, SC has a max of $500 sales tax on vehicles.

Thus far, have signed up for Access Fund (for $50) and MD said they'd give the $500 off.
Also signed up with PenFed for the $5 savings account to get that rebate/incentive as well. $1000, right?

I've seen that used in the past I'm assuming it's good for 22s as well. I didn't realize that about the tax that is fantastic. I thought I was gonna wind up paying thousands haha. I'm on the opposite side of the state from you in Aiken Co.

scubes13

Reaction score
I've seen that used in the past I'm assuming it's good for 22s as well. I didn't realize that about the tax that is fantastic. I thought I was gonna wind up paying thousands haha. I'm on the opposite side of the state from you in Aiken Co.

Yeah, I about had a panic attack over the tax. Then came across that little tidbit of info (https://dor.sc.gov/tax/max-tax).

Did you by chance reach out to Mike @ Mall of Georgia? Anywhere else that you tried to get to match?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
  • MSRP $76645
  • License fee $40.00
  • Title Fee $15.00
  • Sales tax $500

Wow, things must have changed recently. Other dealers I found that are somewhat around you:

Upto 6% below invoice
Trey Reynolds
Tri-City CDJR in Eden, NC
[email protected]

upto 7% below invoice
Can’t find salesperson info
Lakeland CDJR in Lakeland, FL

davidv2135

Reaction score
Yeah, I about had a panic attack over the tax. Then came across that little tidbit of info (https://dor.sc.gov/tax/max-tax).

Did you by chance reach out to Mike @ Mall of Georgia? Anywhere else that you tried to get to match?

I did not. I ordered the Southwest Edition Laramie as it had all the options I wanted anyway for a lesser price so I had to go with a dealer out that way. I am glad you found that because that is a huge relief that the tax is that low.

Tnseltim

Reaction score
2021 limited etorque 4x2, level 2. Msrp 62k, paid 55k. Also got a killer trade in value for my 2019 Tacoma. This was in July of this year.

Hasti17

Reaction score

Yeah, SC has a max of $500 sales tax on vehicles. (https://dor.sc.gov/tax/max-tax)

LOL i need to move and soon. I live in New York and its 7% in my county, the cheapest in the state, im looking at 4 grand in taxes.

Hasti17

Reaction score
I did not. I ordered the Southwest Edition Laramie as it had all the options I wanted anyway for a lesser price so I had to go with a dealer out that way. I am glad you found that because that is a huge relief that the tax is that low.

Agreed, Southwest edition is a steal.

Reaction score
LOL i need to move and soon. I live in New York and its 7% in my county, the cheapest in the state, im looking at 4 grand in taxes.
Agreed. I'm gonna get drilled on my tax: TN = 9.25% (in this case though 7% + $36 + $44 due to the sale amount). Complete BS, but I guess that's what you get with no state income tax.

I'll need to get every available rebate, incentive, and negotiation I can muster...

Incentives protection, FCA brochure coupon ($1000 fingers crossed), Access Fund rebate ($50 for $500), negotiations...

What else? What can be stacked?

Hasti17

Reaction score
Agreed. I'm gonna get drilled on my tax: TN = 9.25% (in this case though 7% + $36 + $44 due to the sale amount). Complete BS, but I guess that's what you get with no state income tax.

I'll need to get every available rebate, incentive, and negotiation I can muster...

Incentives protection, FCA brochure coupon ($1000 fingers crossed), Access Fund rebate ($50 for $500), negotiations...

What else? What can be stacked?
LOL I plan on moving to Knoxville so I guess it Doesnt get better. at least your State doesn't also hit you with a 6% income tax on top of shafting you on the sales tax. up here we get every type of tax good and hard, honestly id cry if i itemized how much money I make that I never get to use.

Users who are viewing this thread