5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
Can you stack Tread Lightly if you're already well under invoice?
Depends on your dealer. They get paid some amount for accepting the affiliate pricing so depending on the dealer they make money by accepting it. Basically it guarantees you a minimum of 1% below invoice (if the dealer opts to participate).

stembridge

Reaction score
I'm about to order through Mark Dodge. What's up with that $1000 coupon? Obviously I won't have mine until 20 weeks from now, so my incentives and retail cash will change accordingly right? Thanks
The $1K coupon is awarded by RAM (seems to be hit-and-miss, tho) if you go to ramtrucks.com and request a brochure (snail mail). Mine took several weeks to arrive and I got an emailed coupon about a week later.

Remind Aaron to fill out the paperwork to protect any current incentives for when your truck actually arrives - otherwise, one or more may expire that you could have used.

I was able to stack a $2500 "Southern Retail" rebate that popped up a few weeks before my truck arrived, so ended up with $3500 additional off of MD's discounted price.

Do be aware that they recently went up on their doc fee (now $444 or around there). It was something around $250 when I ordered, which Aaron honored when the truck arrived, as they had already gone up by then.

HTH,

es

Rau

Reaction score
This is what Aaron replied with:

“There have been no incentives released for the 2022 models. These you are hearing about are only applicable for the 2021 models.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasti17

Reaction score
Did you get any response on this from MD?

did not ask yet. I work for a supplier so ill give him a code if applicable once the truck is built since they will need it at delivery if needed. ill ask aaron next week once when i check in on the status to see if i get the magical D1 designation

Reactions: Rau
Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to this forum. My wife and I are looking at ordering a '22 1500 EcoDiesel as my daily/camper tow rig to get just what we want as NO ONE has the options right for us on the ED. I'm looking for any good experiences and great pricing from dealers within a day's drive (round trip) of Knoxville, TN: Nashville, Chattanooga, Asheville, Atlanta, Lexington, etc. (obviously those that are high volume - yes, I've heard about Mark Dodge in Louisiana) Every one so far around here just thinks MSRP is where it's at. To that I say "balderdash!"

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to this forum. My wife and I are looking at ordering a '22 1500 EcoDiesel as my daily/camper tow rig to get just what we want as NO ONE has the options right for us on the ED. I'm looking for any good experiences and great pricing from dealers within a day's drive (round trip) of Knoxville, TN: Nashville, Chattanooga, Asheville, Atlanta, Lexington, etc. (obviously those that are high volume - yes, I've heard about Mark Dodge in Louisiana) Every one so far around here just thinks MSRP is where it's at. To that I say "balderdash!"
Why not order from Mark Dodge? What is the difference between a half vs a full day drive to save several thousand $$$?

Reaction score
Why not order from Mark Dodge? What is the difference between a half vs a full day drive to save several thousand $$$?
MD may be where I end up, but for now I'm looking from where I am and outward - that's what I'm asking. And with the way our schedules are and how I drive like an ole fart, that's way more than a day round trip with dealer formalities included. Surely others may have found comparable deals (money AND time) closer to me.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MD may be where I end up, but for now I'm looking from where I am and outward - that's what I'm asking. And with the way our schedules are and how I drive like an ole fart, that's way more than a day round trip with dealer formalities included. Surely others may have found comparable deals (money AND time) closer to me.

Never hurts to check around but I haven't heard of anyone reporting any deals anywhere close to MD for a while now. When I ordered back in March they were the best I could find by far, and they are 1500 miles away from me. Good luck, and if you do happen to find someone that can compete with MD be sure to let the rest of us know!

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know Knoxville isn't Birmingham where I'm at, but MD is a no brainer for me. I'm saving close to 4K at a minimum compared to the shyster dealerships in Birmingham. A 1 way flight from Bham to MD is only $300-$500 and the drive back is around 8-10 hours just depending on break in and how many times I stop. Even if I stopped and stayed in a 5 star resort and ate a $100 steak dinner I'm still saving money. Even if I burn 2 days of vacation i'm still saving money because I don't make $1500/day I'd be out.

Make the drive. You're saving money. Locally vs MD I was $3800 apart from the next closest price and I was not convinced that these people were going to honor their deals anyway.

davidv2135

Reaction score

MD has beat everyone I've contracted about it. They come in about 5% under invoice + any available incentives at time of delivery. I'm coming from SC even with a flight and driving back the savings are huge.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And if the flight into their regional airport gets really expensive for some reason, you can typically fly into New Orleans for very cheap and they will drive to you. It just depends on how anal you are about your truck's break in process.

Reaction score
That's just surprising there isn't anyone that can come near it at least in the more immediate vicinity like Atl. or Nash Vegas. I assume MD is able to avg 5% under invoice through manufacturer incentives due to sheer volume and annihilating monthly/quarterly sales goals. Also maybe they are an actual honest dealership that won't take advantage of the current new car market situation...?

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's just surprising there isn't anyone that can come near it at least in the more immediate vicinity like Atl. or Nash Vegas. I assume MD is able to avg 5% under invoice through manufacturer incentives due to sheer volume and annihilating monthly/quarterly sales goals. Also maybe they are an actual honest dealership that won't take advantage of the current new car market situation...?
It's their model of volume sales + flat commission to their sales staff. They split sales evenly and they have a no haggle policy. They also have a low doc fee (that was recently raised a bit) that is non-negotiable unlike with a lot of dealerships that try to smack an extra 1K on you. Here locally in Birmingham we probably have 6 Ram dealerships. Half of them did not respond to me when I asked about ordering. Two of them tried to tell me that Tread Lightly no longer offered 1% below invoice (maybe those dealerships just didn't honor it) and the one that would insulted my intelligence so many times that I'm still puzzled as to why exactly I tried to get them to take my money by even meeting me halfway between the 1% Tread Lightly discount and MD's 5% off.

I floated build requests to a few different dealerships over the country that have been mentioned on this forum. They all gave me really solid pricing but none of them matched MD and they were all much farther away. The best you can hope to do is get a quote from Mark Dodge and then float it to other dealerships. Realistically, even if you had to pay something outlandish like 2K to have the car shipped to you from Mark Dodge, you're still likely paying less. Every dollar matters to me.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Remember too, dealerships are making money in several different places. They are getting paid an advertisement fee for each vehicle. They are being paid money to cover insurance costs for each vehicle that sits on the lot (and if it's solid in less than 2 weeks they get to keep that money). They are paid massive bonuses for meeting and exceeding different tiers of sales goals. They have a model that works and it sounds like they routinely have out of state customers. They are handling your state tax for you too. They'll pick you up from the airport or just drive the vehicle to you at the airport if you don't want to go to the dealership. It's solid all around in my opinion.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
I'm laughing at dealer formalities - MD was the absolute best for keeping that kind of BS to a minimum (in fact, it was pretty much non-existent). I don't think we were there more than 30 minutes total, and most of that was someone showing us the features and helping us connect phones, etc. If you want to be in and out in 15 minutes, I assure you they can do that for you. Everything is e-signed in advance so there is nothing to do that day other than look over your vehicle and drive away.

I cannot recommend MD highly enough, it was by far my best car-buying experience to date. I picked up the truck on a Thursday and a Subaru the following Monday so I have two experiences that are very fresh in my mind to compare. The Subbie deal was a huge PITA with the signatures and the finance guy wanting to try and sell me crap I had already said I did not want. Oh, and shopping me to a local bank when I expressly said captive 0% or nothing. I'd go back to MD for a new truck without a second thought, the Subbie dealership not so much.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
all the rams i saw at mark dodge say "in transit" at the bottom of the description.

what is up with that?
It means they have been ordered but not yet received. That’s the nature of today’s market for new vehicles…many are selling before they show up. And that’s why so many dealers are asking far over MSRP for vehicles on the lot.

Users who are viewing this thread