5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm surprised thats all the higher the 2022 is. I've been comparing alot and having dealer build sheets. I swear BH and Laramie are coming in 2,000 to 2,400 more than the comparable 2021.

Keep in mind there were already price increases late into the 2021 MY

deanno33

Reaction score
Man....I've been working with two dealers over the past couple of weeks. The 2022 prices seem much higher. A person can still build a 2021 on Nada or the Ram website (make sure to figure in destination fee) and then have a dealer quote you for a 2022 in the exact configuration. I've been seeing at least 2,000 increase if not closer to 2,500 for BH and Laramie. The 8.4 in Nav unit (now Uconnect 5) almost doubled in price (1,395) from where it was just yesterday. Then the 2022 adds a seat fee to every order (1,295 for a Laramie)....when that used to be included in other packages. I just built a BH to potentially order and it came to 61,575! Last year the exact BH was 58,555. An increase of 3,020 for the same truck, other than Uconnect 5 upgrade.

Hopefully the Ram dealer pricing is just off and needs time to find the bugs.

Johnnyb001

Reaction score
Lol how old are you!?
I’m 41 and when I was a junior in HS there was at least one dealer selling brand new standard cab short bed 2wd 96 GMC Sierras with the vortec 305 and the SLE package (used to be in order from least features to most SL, SLE, SLT) for $11,499, plus ttl, they had a black one, red one, and pewter one on the lot at that price point.

shoot you could buy a 4cyl 5sp standard cab 2wd Nissan Hardbody (think that gen was still called the hardbody) with AC for either $7900 or 8900, can’t remember the purchase price, they also ran a lease deal on those trucks for $89 a month for 36mo/36k miles.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m 41 and when I was a junior in HS there was at least one dealer selling brand new standard cab short bed 2wd 96 GMC Sierras with the vortec 305 and the SLE package (used to be in order from least features to most SL, SLE, SLT) for $11,499, plus ttl, they had a black one, red one, and pewter one on the lot at that price point.

shoot you could buy a 4cyl 5sp standard cab 2wd Nissan Hardbody (think that gen was still called the hardbody) with AC for either $7900 or 8900, can’t remember the purchase price, they also ran a lease deal on those trucks for $89 a month for 36mo/36k miles.
I'm 41 as well and I remember those days. Shoot, you could buy a Z28 for under 20K if you had a hook up 😝

greenlawnracing

Reaction score

My dad bought a used 92 hardbody in 97 for about 5k. Became my first truck in 04. I think I got 2-3k for it, which turned into a Ranger, an F250, and now a Ram.

mophead

Reaction score
My first car a 67 Rambler Rebel was $50. I paid somewhere around $150 in insurance every qtr. Different day.... altogether different day.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Dang! These pricings don’t even compute in my head, lol
How about a brand new Mustang LX notch 5.0 5speed for under $10k. It wasn’t hard to do in the 80s. And yes, loaded 85’ Silverado Short wides were an easy deal to obtain at 10k. There was never a better looking truck than a new Red/White Silverado Short bed…. They were crap, but damn… New, they were beautiful..

Last edited:

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How about a brand new Mustang LX notch 5.0 5speed for under $10k. It wasn’t hard to do in the 80s. And yes, loaded 85’ Silverado Short wides were an easy deal to obtain at 10k. There was never a better looking truck than a new Red/White Silverado Short bed…. They were crap, but damn… New they were beautiful..
Yeah but “back then” was $10k the same as $70k now?

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
No. The cost of vehicles has exploded. Sure, content and features are far beyond what was imaginable back then, but most people were able to purchase new cars with sub 48mo financing. 36 months was very common. 60-72-84mo financing is a relatively new phenomenon. Affordability is not a thing anymore. What you can cram into your budget is all most people look at now, to hell with how many years they have to finance. It’s getting to a point that it’s no longer a car note, it’s a car mortgage..

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No. The cost of vehicles has exploded. Sure, content and features are far beyond what was imaginable back then, but most people were able to purchase new cars with sub 48mo financing. 36 months was very common. 60-72-84mo financing is a relatively new phenomenon. Affordability is not a thing anymore. What you can cram into your budget is all most people look at now, to hell with how many years they have to finance. It’s getting to a point that it’s no longer a car note, it’s a car mortgage..
Yeah, most of my friends pay zero attention to how long they are paying that car note or how much it will cost them in the end. That 73K MRSP Limited will cost you around 80K on a 84 month note. Everyone asks how much and then buys something that "holds its resale" like a Tacoma. Yet they're always still upside down

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Cliff, let me give you a more recent comparison. 2004 I was in the market for a Mustang. The Cobra MSRP was UNDER $35,000. I ultimately bought a new Mach-1 with an MSRP of $30k for $24,399. What is the cost of a similar package on a Mustang today? $70k+ for anything remotely interesting. That is a huge difference in affordability.

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
Cliff, let me give you a more recent comparison. 2004 I was in the market for a Mustang. The Cobra MSRP was UNDER $35,000. I ultimately bought a new Mach-1 with an MSRP of $30k for $24,399. What is the cost of a similar package on a Mustang today? $70k+ for anything remotely interesting. That is a huge difference in affordability.
I'm old enough to remember, but I can't remember salaries doubling in same time frame... hmmm.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Interest is a ***** lol. That being said, if RAM offers 0% when my truck comes in, I will take it. If rates are astronomical, I will cut a really big check.

Redfour5

Reaction score
A few members have mentioned the desire to have a price paid thread so I decided to do one and pin it here so it will be easy for everyone to find.

I think the best way to make this thread is as follows:
MSRP of the specific truck
What Rebates and incentives were applied and $ amounts
Any further negotiations
Final price

Please do not include trade in values, taxes, OTD price or anything like that as those are all variable depending on where you live etc. Rebates and incentives are also regional so also please post up where you purchased the truck and when.

Example:

2016 Ram 1500 Sport

MSRP $64,440
-$10,000 rebate from Ram
-$1000 skilled trades rebate
-$3940 additional negotiated at dealer
=$49,500 paid

Vancouver. B.C August 2016
OK, July 2021, Helena MT. I got my new "Built to Serve" for essentially MSRP. The dealer put the RAM 1240 incentive on top of the MSRP...and I guess took it. I got around 5 to 7K more (depending upon dealer) than they offered me on my 2015 Ram Trade back then. Back when I looked before Covid, I had figured a final number to finance at like 35K with certain boxes I wanted checked. I got them checked and a few more, one I had to let go but the new ones capabilities made that OK. So, with lots of incentives I still wasn't at my 35 to 36K when I last looked. I put another 12K on my 2015 and it let me down on a long towing trip and they couldn't figure out what it was... So, I made the deal at 36K and a bit of change, so, in the end, I'm where I had hoped to be over a year ago like November/Jan 2018/2019 and I was looking at Gen 4's back then hoping to get a deal on the gen turnover... Interesting how all that works... Strange world.

brenan00

Reaction score
Interest is a ***** lol. That being said, if RAM offers 0% when my truck comes in, I will take it. If rates are astronomical, I will cut a really big check.
Me too, or I might use the financing to put some dealer add on’s. PPF, ceramic, if they use a good shop, see if they want to match Zeigler. Right now in the west, we are being offered 0 for 48.

Kimkeys99

Reaction score
I posted this in the order thread. I have to 1st really thank Silent Bob!! You advice and posted along with all the other guys deals really helped me.

Pick it up on yesterday!!! Aaron is the man! I had locked in the rebates back in May for $2250, Aaron got me an additional $1000 ($500 True Car, $500 military). After checking it over and talking with Aaron, I was out the door and on the road. The only problem I had was rain, and I could not take any good pictures. Off to get it tinted this morning and then prep for ceramic coating tonight.

Attachments

• E814922B-4CF2-4701-99B5-76FFF188DF36.jpeg
    E814922B-4CF2-4701-99B5-76FFF188DF36.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 95

Users who are viewing this thread