5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

jtwolf22

Reaction score
Getting my truck delivered this month sounds like.

MSRP: $71,805

I'll be paying: $64,736
-Used tread lightly
-1k in dealer discounts
-+500 licensing fees

I'm also leaning towards taking advantage of the 0% for 48 months.

Can't seem to find any other coupons to pound it lower. I'm combing through the thread now, but if anyone has any other easy discounts I'm missing I would appreciate a reply to this post.

Thanks,
Jesse

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
CEO already said they are killing the hellcat. Too many compliance issues, that’s quoted. I don’t think you’ll see a TRX for 7k off MSRP.

They only said the Durango Hellcat was dead on arrival. Not all Hellcats are being killed.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Getting my truck delivered this month sounds like.

MSRP: $71,805

I'll be paying: $64,736
-Used tread lightly
-1k in dealer discounts
-+500 licensing fees

I'm also leaning towards taking advantage of the 0% for 48 months.

Can't seem to find any other coupons to pound it lower. I'm combing through the thread now, but if anyone has any other easy discounts I'm missing I would appreciate a reply to this post.

Thanks,
Jesse
You have a $500 TrueCar rebate available to you. Go to this website and fill out your info to receive a confirmation number to give to your dealership.

If you have, or traded, a non FCA vehicle within your household you qualify for an after sale $250 rebate check through BonusDrive. After you take delivery of your new truck click and fill out this link within 60 days to receive a check by mail. The only proof needed of non FCA vehicle is an insurance card for the vehicle showing your home address. Don’t worry about not being an Allstate customer, they are just a sponsor. https://allstate.bonusdrive.com/Home/VehicleInformation

Last edited:

Nels

Reaction score
I'm getting curious about the idea of trading/selling my 2019 Laramie and ordering a new one. I just bought it used in October 2020, and I love it. But maybe not as much as one perfectly configured to my liking if I order? With the increase in values I could probably make a couple grand on the 2019. Did a Build and Price on RAM website - came up with MSRP around $59k for a 2021 Laramie quadcab, Southwest edition, air suspension.
I haven't talked to any dealers yet - this may only make sense if a guy can currently get the customary discounts from MSRP. With the shortages in parts, increasing demand for used, what are folks seeing for dealer behavior when ordering new?

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
I'm getting curious about the idea of trading/selling my 2019 Laramie and ordering a new one. I just bought it used in October 2020, and I love it. But maybe not as much as one perfectly configured to my liking if I order? With the increase in values I could probably make a couple grand on the 2019. Did a Build and Price on RAM website - came up with MSRP around $59k for a 2021 Laramie quadcab, Southwest edition, air suspension.
I haven't talked to any dealers yet - this may only make sense if a guy can currently get the customary discounts from MSRP. With the shortages in parts, increasing demand for used, what are folks seeing for dealer behavior when ordering new?
This is the single worst time since 1946 to attempt to buy a vehicle. There are basically no worthwhile incentives currently on Ram trucks. The ordering process has been suspended early for 2021 stock. Dealerships have extremely limited inventory and most are not making deals. This is not a short term problem, I suspect this may carry forward through 2022. In this market I would only attempt to buy out of extreme need, certainly not out of desire.

Sucks, but thats the fact of the situation.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
2021's are no longer available for order, and I don't think I've seen that the prices on the 2022's are out yet. I could be wrong, and I am sure someone will correct me if I am :LOL:

Edited to add: That said, it might be worth an email to Aaron down in Louisiana to see what the '22 would run once they have pricing. The issue will be the delay from order to delivery of the vehicle. As @Eldodroptop mentioned, probably not the best time to buy a vehicle

ToopaCent

Reaction score
I have to agree regarding Mark Dodge, though since the truck isn't yet here, I can only speak to the order process so far. They were very transparent. There's a reason people are going hundreds of miles to get their truck from there. Their dealership is 900 miles from me.
I flew to Houston to pickup my truck, drove it back about 13 hours, stayed one night in a hotel, and still saved over $1500 compared to local dealerships.

lbj

Reaction score
I regret not buying earlier this year, but at this point I'm fine with waiting this out even if it takes 1-2 years.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
You have a $500 TrueCar rebate available to you. Go to this website and fill out your info to receive a confirmation number to give to your dealership.

If you have, or traded, a non FCA vehicle within your household you qualify for an after sale $250 rebate check through BonusDrive. After you take delivery of your new truck click and fill out this link within 60 days to receive a check by mail. The only proof needed of non FCA vehicle is an insurance card for the vehicle showing your home address. Don’t worry about not being an Allstate customer, they are just a sponsor. https://allstate.bonusdrive.com/Home/VehicleInformation
Thanks for the link - just saved me an add’l $500 while my truck sits at the Port of Portland

MBDC

Reaction score
I flew to Houston to pickup my truck, drove it back about 13 hours, stayed one night in a hotel, and still saved over $1500 compared to local dealerships.
Where did you buy from in Houston? I couldn't find a decent dealership out here to save my life. My drive wasn't too bad to Ft Worth to pick up my truck. Before this truck, I purchased from a dealership in Berwick, LA.

Johnnyb001

Reaction score
Where did you buy from in Houston? I couldn't find a decent dealership out here to save my life. My drive wasn't too bad to Ft Worth to pick up my truck. Before this truck, I purchased from a dealership in Berwick, LA.
I know other posters have mentioned that the airport in Houston is within the 250 “free delivery” radius for Mark Dodge, and have flown in and the salesman/courier have met them there with the truck. I’m assuming that’s what he means as the post he quoted traveling to mark dodge to purchase.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Mark CDJR in Lake Charles, LA is the go to dealership that a lot of people on this forum are using. The sales manager, Aaron, plays no games.

mtmgtz

Reaction score
Mark CDJR in Lake Charles, LA is the go to dealership that a lot of people on this forum are using. The sales manager, Aaron, plays no games.
I emailed Aaron a couple days ago regarding a couple trucks on their lot but no reply yet...

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
I'm thinking of selling my 2019 Laramie while used car prices are way too high. My wife and I don't "need" two vehicles since we both work from home anyway. I can just sit on the money and purchase a new one once all this craziness subsides and incentives return.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm thinking of selling my 2019 Laramie while used car prices are way too high. My wife and I don't "need" two vehicles since we both work from home anyway. I can just sit on the money and purchase a new one once all this craziness subsides and incentives return.
Could be a while

Nels

Reaction score
This is the single worst time since 1946 to attempt to buy a vehicle. There are basically no worthwhile incentives currently on Ram trucks. The ordering process has been suspended early for 2021 stock. Dealerships have extremely limited inventory and most are not making deals. This is not a short term problem, I suspect this may carry forward through 2022. In this market I would only attempt to buy out of extreme need, certainly not out of desire.

Sucks, but thats the fact of the situation.
I would be perfectly fine keeping my truck. I know dealer stock is low. But that doesn't really matter because they truck I would order isn't going to be found on a lot anyway. I would order a quad cab Laramie with air ride. I don't think any dealer is going to order that configuration for their lot.
I'm just wondering if they might make a decent deal on a new order, make only a few bucks on the ordered truck, but hoping to make more money on my trade in. I dont need a new truck, so if they aren't inclined to make a favorable deal, there's no deal to be had. Moot point if ordering windows aren't even open.

Users who are viewing this thread