5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Nels

Reaction score
Out of sheer curiosity I thought I checked with AutoNation and KBB for their purchase offer on my 2019, just to see what they would offer. After submitting online I was contacted by a Ford dealer, claiming to be the preferred dealer in my area. Makes no sense to me. Why assign a Ford dealer to buy a Ram? For me specifically there's no deal to be had, because I would want to buy another Ram. It could work to seel to one dealer and buy from another, but certainly not the most efficient way to do a deal, for anyone on either side of the transaction.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Out of sheer curiosity I thought I checked with AutoNation and KBB for their purchase offer on my 2019, just to see what they would offer. After submitting online I was contacted by a Ford dealer, claiming to be the preferred dealer in my area. Makes no sense to me. Why assign a Ford dealer to buy a Ram? For me specifically there's no deal to be had, because I would want to buy another Ram. It could work to seel to one dealer and buy from another, but certainly not the most efficient way to do a deal, for anyone on either side of the transaction.
You could use the offer from a Ford (or whatever) dealer to negotiate with a Ram dealer.

Incidentally, before I listed my truck on Facebook, my highest offer was from an Autonation Mercedes dealer. I ended up selling to a Chevy dealer (they contacted me via Facebook, and offered $2,000 more). In my case, I had already ordered my next Ram from Mark Dodge, but point is, you may be surprised who makes an offer for your truck.

Nels

Reaction score
You could use the offer from a Ford (or whatever) dealer to negotiate with a Ram dealer.

Incidentally, before I listed my truck on Facebook, my highest offer was from an Autonation Mercedes dealer. I ended up selling to a Chevy dealer (they contacted me via Facebook, and offered $2,000 more). In my case, I had already ordered my next Ram from Mark Dodge, but point is, you may be surprised who makes an offer for your truck.
So far I've only been contacted by one dealership - the same Ford dealer from both the AutoNation and the KBB inquiries. Two different sales people. That dealer is nearly 100 miles from me. While I have some appreciation for the business model, it could be better.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far I've only been contacted by one dealership - the same Ford dealer from both the AutoNation and the KBB inquiries. Two different sales people. That dealer is nearly 100 miles from me. While I have some appreciation for the business model, it could be better.

I sold my last truck to autonation land rover about a month ago (about 180 miles away from me). They were the highest bidder so they got the truck, was a good experience overall and it could have been better, but I only cared about getting the most money for my truck. Would sell to them again in a heartbeat.

Nels

Reaction score
I may find out differently, but my initial assumption is that the swap will only make financial sense to trade at a Ram dealer rather than sell and buy at different dealers. I live in Wisconsin, where we have a 5% sales tax. Plus a .5% county sales tax. BUT we don't pay tax on the amount of the trade in. On $45k that's $2500. So the straight buyout price from a different dealer would have to be $2500 more that a Ram dealer trade offer just to break even.

mtmgtz

Reaction score
I am in process of selling my 2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie with 5300 miles to givemethevin.com. I hadn't heard of them until some people on Reddit and LeaseHackr had mentioned them and recommended checking. Prior to that I've had CarMax, Vroom, Caravans and KBB offers ranging from $48k to $51k. I ended up with $53k at givemethevin. MSRP of my truck was $52,070. They first offered $52k or $52,500 if I drove it to the closest Manheim auction site. I countered $53k to drive it there and they accepted. So far the process has been good. I'll report back after it's complete.

Even with tax savings, I don't think any Ram dealer is going to exceed $50k. Local ram dealer offered $48k saying they couldn't go higher cause they could sell a new one for anyore than that.

You'd be better offer checking non-Ram dealers if you're going to sell. You won't have the obvious new vs used comparison at another dealer.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

monkeypunch

Reaction score
2021's are no longer available for order, and I don't think I've seen that the prices on the 2022's are out yet. I could be wrong, and I am sure someone will correct me if I am :LOL:

Edited to add: That said, it might be worth an email to Aaron down in Louisiana to see what the '22 would run once they have pricing. The issue will be the delay from order to delivery of the vehicle. As @Eldodroptop mentioned, probably not the best time to buy a vehicle
No pricing on 2022s yet. I reached out to Aaron last month, and he redirected me to Sandi. (Don't know if thats a good or bad sign haha). I had her build a Limited, but she said the build sheet for the 2022s didn't include body color bumper options, which is a must for me, and it had a choice of "Laramie Level A or Laramie Level B", which doesn't sound right. Should be Limited A or B, or Limited 1 or 2. I would have ordered without knowing pricing, but i don't want to risk the options getting messed up.. So I'm waiting for pricing before ordering. And I found a dealer around me who maybe able to match or beat Mark Dodges pricing.

spammer316

Reaction score
No pricing on 2022s yet. I reached out to Aaron last month, and he redirected me to Sandi. (Don't know if thats a good or bad sign haha). I had her build a Limited, but she said the build sheet for the 2022s didn't include body color bumper options, which is a must for me, and it had a choice of "Laramie Level A or Laramie Level B", which doesn't sound right. Should be Limited A or B, or Limited 1 or 2. I would have ordered without knowing pricing, but i don't want to risk the options getting messed up.. So I'm waiting for pricing before ordering. And I found a dealer around me who maybe able to match or beat Mark Dodges pricing.
pricing for hd trucks is next week 1500s are end of month. What dealership you working with?

monkeypunch

Reaction score
pricing for hd trucks is next week 1500s are end of month. What dealership you working with?
Sandi at Mark Dodge did that build. There is another dealer in OK I have talked to about ordering aswell, but we haven't got to pricing.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Beat? what dealer/where?

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Beat? what dealer/where?
Patriot CDJR. But like I said, we haven't got to order pricing yet. Their lot trucks were priced well. I think they to play the dealer add on game, but i don't play that game. Will see. Odds are I will go through Sandi, but will always shop my options.

BlackBeauty14

Reaction score
I just crossed the one month point on my Tread Lightly membership but Im guessing that Affliate program as well as the PenFed $1000 rebate wouldnt be accepted at dealers now with the way things are?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just crossed the one month point on my Tread Lightly membership but Im guessing that Affliate program as well as the PenFed $1000 rebate wouldnt be accepted at dealers now with the way things are?
Those programs don't cost dealers anything, but some may not accept in this market (especially the TL, and many don't know about PenFed and need to be educated).

Bcryan

Reaction score
Just did the KBB-thing on My build from the RAM site, then the KBB site -- The RAM build msrp comes to $43,920. As it has the last 10X I've done it
263a.png

Same for the KBB Build and the KBB also indicates that the Invoice is $41,362. A diff. of $2,558.

Estimated tax & license (my zip) -- $3,192. For an "Out-the-Door target price -- @ msrp of $47,112. & @ Invoice of $44,554.

So, with &/or without Incentives you, or anyone, have an "Expectation(s)" of getting Below Invoice + the taxes & fees ?
I was/am hoping to "get out the door" at or below $45,000 -- am I "Dreaming"? (no loan)

This is a Quad Big Horn 4X4 V6 eTorque with Off Road Package & Level 1 + Alpine + Deluxe Cloth Center Console + Rear Wheel Liners . Of course IF they do wind up offering the LED's I'd probably add them !?
Find someone with a Chrysler friends and family discount 👍. Let them talk about the price and you have made them sit trough it tell them you have it 😎

BlackTruck

Reaction score
10% off sticker on a May 2021 build for loaded Longhorn. The days of $10K off sticker on pickups may be over for a few years. Ford dealer told me he “might” be able to get me $500 off sticker. I told him “good luck”. Their truck is still sitting on the Ford lot two months later. I want to drive by in my new Ram and ask how his strategy is working out! So far so good... If Ram made this luxe truck into an SUV like the Expedition, I think they’d have a hit!

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
10% off sticker on a May 2021 build for loaded Longhorn. The days of $10K off sticker on pickups may be over for a few years. Ford dealer told me he “might” be able to get me $500 off sticker. I told him “good luck”. Their truck is still sitting on the Ford lot two months later. I want to drive by in my new Ram and ask how his strategy is working out! So far so good... If Ram made this luxe truck into an SUV like the Expedition, I think they’d have a hit!
My build’s MSRP came to $58K (ordered 3/31) purchase price $49,760. Not as good as a lot of you but I’m satisfied.

James Xia

Reaction score
Hello Folks

Thanks for this gorgeous website. I ordered RAM Rebel late March at Mark Dodge . Now my truck has arrived at dealer site. I do have $1000 bonus cash from ramtruck.com. What else incentive/ coupon I can use now ? I know you guys has discussed many times, but my English is bad and can not read 700+ pages. Really appreciate it!

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello Folks

Thanks for this gorgeous website. I ordered RAM Rebel late March at Mark Dodge . Now my truck has arrived at dealer site. I do have $1000 bonus cash from ramtruck.com. What else incentive/ coupon I can use now ? I know you guys has discussed many times, but my English is bad and can not read 700+ pages. Really appreciate it!
There's "Tread Lightly," but you have to have been a member for 30 days before using it.
Do they have any "conquest cash" where if you own a competitor's vehicle, you get a discount.
Or, Loyalty Cash, where if you own another FCA vehicle, you get a discount.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello Folks

Aaron from Mark Dodge will hook you up with all the discounts that apply to you. Did you lock in the March rebates when you ordered through the "sold order protection" program? If so, those discounts are better than they are now. The kicker is that you can't add any additional discounts unless they were included in the sold order protection. This includes not being able to add your $1000 certificate, unless you combine it with current incentives.

Technically the Tread Lightly discount is for 1% under invoice, and you're getting better than that already. But I think Mark Dodge gives an additional $500 with Tread Lightly on top of their normal dealer discount (most dealers don't do this and you just get the 1% under invoice), but you need to be a member for 30 days.

There is $500 discount from True Car, but can't be combined with your $1000 RAM certificate. There is the $1000 discount for being a member of Pentagon Federal Credit Union for 60 days, but that can't be combined with the RAM certificate.

There is no conquest or loyalty cash right now as far as I know.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
Aaron from Mark Dodge will hook you up with all the discounts that apply to you. Did you lock in the March rebates when you ordered through the "sold order protection" program? If so, those discounts are better than they are now. The kicker is that you can't add any additional discounts unless they were included in the sold order protection. This includes not being able to add your $1000 certificate, unless you combine it with current incentives.

Technically the Tread Lightly discount is for 1% under invoice, and you're getting better than that already. But I think Mark Dodge gives an additional $500 with Tread Lightly on top of their normal dealer discount (most dealers don't do this and you just get the 1% under invoice), but you need to be a member for 30 days.

There is $500 discount from True Car, but can't be combined with your $1000 RAM certificate. There is the $1000 discount for being a member of Pentagon Federal Credit Union for 60 days, but that can't be combined with the RAM certificate.

There is no conquest or loyalty cash right now as far as I know.
You are perfectly correct on this having just gone through it all this week. Really hoped I could stack that $1,000 coupon on top of locking in old rebates but their computer system is too smart

Users who are viewing this thread