5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
I received my first one ( via email) on May 5th. It expires June 30th. I received another one today, actually two, for two different emails I had submitted for brochures etc. trying to make sure I got one. I checked and the redemption codes are still the same. I sure hope they keep on sending them into Sept. so I can use it on a 22.

@vegasandre go here then request a brochure and sign up for updates: https://www.ramtrucks.com/incentives/offers-model.ram_1500_dt.2021.html?ccode=CUT202120DT6H41A
View attachment 95574

Yeah just looked closer... likely only good on a 20 or 21
View attachment 95583
Just noticed you debadged - any regrets? Tricks? What all came off? Thanks -

70runner

Reaction score
Go to very bottom of page under "Research" and then "Sign up for updates" or "Research" and then "Get a brochure" or create a build and select to email it to your email "Research" then "Build & Price".
Did all this couple weeks ago. Don't seem to have the magic touch as haven't received any email coupons. Might be useful for me as truck is sked to be built on 18June. Can anyone spare one for a needy RAM buyer?

mophead

Reaction score
Did all this couple weeks ago. Don't seem to have the magic touch as haven't received any email coupons. Might be useful for me as truck is sked to be built on 18June. Can anyone spare one for a needy RAM buyer?
Not Transferrable
1622851878575.png

mophead

Reaction score
Just noticed you debadged - any regrets? Tricks? What all came off? Thanks -
Well I wish I had already de-badged. Notice my STATUS. Haven't purchased/ordered yet. Couldn't pull the funds together before the market took a dump. It's a FUTURE Mod LOL.

I have de-badged everything I've owned since the late 80's when they started taping the emblems on instead of bolting. looks cleaner and a whole bunch easier to wash and wax. I did all the mentioned mods to my 2012- 2500 and then some. Those are all I expect to do IF I get the 22. We both know that'll change though.

I'd take the RAM off the doors and the Laramie and 4x4 off the tailgate. The Ram head on the tailgate has a locator tab that requires a hole in the tailgate. I'd replace that one with a black nite edition as well as the incredibly stupid hood ones. Easy enough to do, just takes some patience to get all the goo off. Two tips: use braided fishing line to cut through the tape and then orange/citrus degreaser for the goo.

Oh and wrap that fishing line around two sticks first. It'll cut you DEEP real fast.

Last edited:

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
They say they can’t be shared unless within household . So best of luck talking someone with an extra one to allow you to move in with them 😳
Well I wish I had already de-badged. Notice my STATUS. Haven't purchased/ordered yet. Couldn't pull the funds together before the market took a dump.

I have de-badged everything I've owned since the late 80's when they started taping the emblems on instead of bolting. looks cleaner and a whole bunch easier to wash and wax.

I'd take the RAM off the doors and the Laramie and 4x4 off the tailgate. The Ram head on the tailgate has a locator tab that requires a hole in the tailgate. I'd replace that one with a black nite edition as well as the incredibly stupid hood ones. Easy enough to do, just takes some patience to get all the goo off. Two tips: use braided fishing line to cut through the tape and then orange/citrus degreaser for the goo.
thanks for confirming - I had my Titan de-badged when new and no regrets. Hopefully when things get back to normal there will be mad incentives enough to get your 2022 ordered. The fact the fishing line was braided was new to me. I couldn’t get rid of the obnoxious tailgate logo on Titan either.....but since I’ve opted for old school chrome on Ram - if the head is all that’s left -I’ll be OK. Best of luck with your future build

mophead

Reaction score
They say they can’t be shared unless within household . So best of luck talking someone with an extra one to allow you to move in with them 😳

thanks for confirming - I had my Titan de-badged when new and no regrets. Hopefully when things get back to normal there will be mad incentives enough to get your 2022 ordered. The fact the fishing line was braided was new to me. I couldn’t get rid of the obnoxious tailgate logo on Titan either.....but since I’ve opted for old school chrome on Ram - if the head is all that’s left -I’ll be OK. Best of luck with your future build
Mono will break unless you use thick heavy lb test. Hard to get behind tight emblems. The braid is slick and small diameter AND you'll cut the truck in half before it breaks It slices through like a hot knife through butter, really!

jayeduke

Reaction score
This is definitely just me projecting my jealousy but I don't think you're going to get as much off as you think but please rub it in our faces when you take delivery :p I'm only getting $1000 (PenFed) + $500 (Chrysler capital) off. Our deals were similar but you are getting $1500 off more than me. It's only one car payment since I'm financing for 5 years so I'm not that hurt :p just jealous.

Mine was MSRP $76,200 down to $63475 or 16.7% off with locked in incentives.

So my truck arrived Monday and then the dealership immediately began to finalize the deal. We did it all over the phone and the computer. It appears you guys were correct that I was promised more than I should have been, luckily Aaron did hold up to his end of the deal and make me whole.

He originally sold me the truck for $63,235.00 w/ $3750 in Rebates. He realized Monday he should not have given me the extra 1k in rebates so he knocked that off the truck price.

This is my final purchase order. I didn't argue the Documentary and Compliance Fee (Not sure if that is typically something you guys do)

$59,685.00
$2750 in Rebates

Overall I couldn't be happier with the amount of money you guys helped me save off MSRP. I would not have been able to do that on my own.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 7.37.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 7.45.38 AM.png

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So my truck arrived Monday and then the dealership immediately began to finalize the deal. We did it all over the phone and the computer. It appears you guys were correct that I was promised more than I should have been, luckily Aaron did hold up to his end of the deal and make me whole.

He originally sold me the truck for $63,235.00 w/ $3750 in Rebates. He realized Monday he should not have given me the extra 1k in rebates so he knocked that off the truck price.

This is my final purchase order. I didn't argue the Documentary and Compliance Fee (Not sure if that is typically something you guys do)

$62,235.00
$2750 in Rebates

Overall I couldn't be happier with the amount of money you guys helped me save off MSRP. I would not have been able to do that on my own.

View attachment 95781

View attachment 95786
Doc fee is typical/normal. Some states regulate the cost, NY limits it to $75.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

$59,685.00
$2750 in Rebates

View attachment 95781

View attachment 95786

You did very well. $200 fee is not outrageous. I've seen some dealers add on $1000 in fees and they're non-negotiable. Mark Dodge @ $200 is below most I've seen.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score

$59,685.00
$2750 in Rebates

View attachment 95781

View attachment 95786
You did 20.2% off MSRP including the doc fee, without having to negotiate, in the hottest vehicle market since 1946.

20.2% off would be considered a very solid deal in normal market conditions. Today it would be considered the best deal in the country.

Sleep well, you won.

mophead

Reaction score

Soaring Used Car Prices May Result In "Shocking" Inflation Report Next Week​

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Soaring Used Car Prices May Result In "Shocking" Inflation Report Next Week​

Lol if you read the whole thing, the article sounded like in the end, nothing is going to change for months to come

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I am honestly tempted to sell the truck. I found comparable (year, options and mileage) trucks being sold for $2 - 6k more than I paid in December of 19. I like my truck, and what I have done with it, but it feels like I am squandering an opportunity. Plus I have no idea what I would get instead.

dixobr01

Reaction score
I am honestly tempted to sell the truck. I found comparable (year, options and mileage) trucks being sold for $2 - 6k more than I paid in December of 19. I like my truck, and what I have done with it, but it feels like I am squandering an opportunity. Plus I have no idea what I would get instead.
I sold my 2020 for more than I paid for it after 1.5 years driving and some minor cosmetic issues. Bought a TRX for MSRP which was never going to sold for less than that.

key is getting something that always sells for MSRP. You don’t want to buy something new that is normally lower with incentives that are not around anymore.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I sold my 2020 for more than I paid for it after 1.5 years driving and some minor cosmetic issues. Bought a TRX for MSRP which was never going to sold for less than that.

key is getting something that always sells for MSRP. You don’t want to buy something new that is normally lower with incentives that are not around anymore.
Good point. I guess we’ll see what 2022 and beyond look like for the TRX. Could go the way of the Hellcat Charger and Challenger, with $7,000 rebates. Or it could be a short production run, moving to a hybrid turbo four banger in 2023. 🤪

Last edited:

dixobr01

Reaction score
Good point. I guess we’ll see what 2022 and beyond look like for the TRX. Could go the way of the Hellcat Charger and Challenge, with $7,000 rebates. Or it could be a short production run, moving to a hybrid turbo four banger in 2023. 🤪
CEO already said they are killing the hellcat. Too many compliance issues, that’s quoted. I don’t think you’ll see a TRX for 7k off MSRP.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score

You know, I would love to get a TRX. It is a super awesome truck. But it would be the absolute worst financial decision I could make. The astronomical price, the atrocious fuel economy (as my daily driver), and I am sure the insurance is up there too. Not to mention never really getting a chance to utilize the badass suspension here in Norther VA.

I might get flamed for saying this, but that Lightning (or similar EV) is looking like a much better option. Much more reasonable price (with a tax credit), fuel is obvious, I would assume the insurance is normal, and 0-60 beats the Raptor and is almost as good as the TRX (Ford claims mid 4 seconds). It's just too bad it is not out yet.

Users who are viewing this thread