5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, wound up picking up a Limited on monday, dealer had ~6k in incentives.
Used to be K--z had decent pricing, well a year to two years ago. Guess they think there's enough fools out there to buy over retail. Must not have heard of the internet or somethin'...

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Used to be K--z had decent pricing, well a year to two years ago. Guess they think there's enough fools out there to buy over retail. Must not have heard of the internet or somethin'...
Or they’re counting on buyers who haven’t heard of the internet. They must be out there, because someone is apparently paying this prices.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Or they’re counting on buyers who haven’t heard of the internet. They must be out there, because someone is apparently paying this prices.
Beats me. Course' when I was 21, I paid over retail (by $800) for a one of a kind Jeep (in 1982) at a new Jeep dealer. I felt kinda' dumb but it was the only model like it in all of Denver so I paid it.
Turned out I loved the vehicle so that's what counted.
I hardly think RAM 1500's are in the same category though.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Beats me. Course' when I was 21, I paid over retail (by $800) for a one of a kind Jeep (in 1982) at a new Jeep dealer. I felt kinda' dumb but it was the only model like it in all of Denver so I paid it.
Turned out I loved the vehicle so that's what counted.
I hardly think RAM 1500's are in the same category though.
For some reason, that reminds me of a former cow-orker of mine who paid over retail for a PT Cruiser when they were brand new. I bet he felt foolish for doing that!

Edit: to be clear, I don’t mean to imply your Jeep purchase was foolish.

KBauer

Reaction score
My Bighorn that I ordered in March finally arrived today. I looked at this month's incentives and almost fell over in disbelief. Basically nothing really good. I'm so glad that my price was locked in for March's incentives because there is no way that I'd purchase a Ram with these lousy incentives for this month.
:cry:
i ordered in March and will taje delivery soon. think it was 0% for 72 mos and $1000 ( at least for laramie) is thisvwhat you are getting at least finance wise?
My Bighorn that I ordered in March finally arrived today. I looked at this month's incentives and almost fell over in disbelief. Basically nothing really good. I'm so glad that my price was locked in for March's incentives because there is no way that I'd purchase a Ram with these lousy incentives for this month.

Oilslick

Reaction score
i ordered in March and will taje delivery soon. think it was 0% for 72 mos and $1000 ( at least for laramie) is thisvwhat you are getting at least finance wise?
I don't care much about the financing rate and term since my credit union gives me a great rate anyway. I'd rather a big rebate. It works out better for me that way.
:)

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
For some reason, that reminds me of a former cow-orker of mine who paid over retail for a PT Cruiser when they were brand new. I bet he felt foolish for doing that!

Edit: to be clear, I don’t mean to imply your Jeep purchase was foolish.
In retrospect I could have bargained better but I traded 2 other vehicles for the new Jeep so it was a no cash proposition. One of the trades was a super clean mini 4x4 pickup (Chevy LUV) and shot off the lot, the other was an older Jeep dog and they ended up wholesaling it months later. So who knows.

Weird how AutoNation was falling all over itself to get my 2019 Ltd and it's been sitting there unsold for 3 weeks now. The other 19' Ltd that was already on the lot is still there too, both at the same original prices.
Wonder if things are slowing down? They definitely aren't making too much of a "fast buck" on those 2 trucks.

They do have 21 new 1500's in stock but are selling at MSRP, less all the phantom discounts for 3 legged red eyed calf owners etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
What’s the going price for a three legged red eyed calf nowadays? Might be worth picking one up for the additional incentives.
Most of their low volume incentives were like $500.
Sample on a Laramie:
  • MSRP $65,565
  • 2021 Returning Lessee Loyalty Bonus Cash:-$500
  • With Available Incentives $65,065
  • Conditional Incentives:
  • 2021 FCA First Responder Bonus Cash $500
  • 2021 Chrysler, Dodge, FIAT, Jeep and RAM Military Cash Allowance $500
  • 2021 FCA Case Construction Equipment Bonus Cash $1,000
  • 2021 Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep Non-Prime Retail Bonus Cash $750

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In retrospect I could have bargained better but I traded 2 other vehicles for the new Jeep so it was a no cash proposition. One of the trades was a super clean mini 4x4 pickup (Chevy LUV) and shot off the lot, the other was an older Jeep dog and they ended up wholesaling it months later. So who knows.

Weird how AutoNation was falling all over itself to get my 2019 Ltd and it's been sitting there unsold for 3 weeks now. The other 19' Ltd that was already on the lot is still there too, both at the same original prices.
Wonder if things are slowing down? They definitely aren't making too much of a "fast buck" on those 2 trucks.

They do have 21 new 1500's in stock but are selling at MSRP, less all the phantom discounts for 3 legged red eyed calf owners etc...

Likewise, my 2017 that I sold them a little over 3 weeks ago is still on their lot as well. I'll continue watching to see if there is any price movement or sale.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
HELP REQUESTED!!!!!! As I confessed to you guys earlier, my dealer claimed he absolutely could not lock in the March incentives and my truck is finally due to arrive in Portland soon. Specifically I’m asking if any of you have anything in writing from your deal you are willing to share with me to present when I conclude my purchase. Email is billkoehler13@gmail. Or text (360)798-9188. And I appreciate in advance anything you can throw my way. Still buying the truck regardless of how this comes down - waited too long with my new travel trailer stored in my shop. As you can see by my build - she is more utilitarian than show piece - more old school to match this old fart. All said & done, I’ll still be pretty close to $50K plus taxes on a $58K MSRP but as I’ve heard others say - I may not be gay but $20 is $20. Thanks again guys - and special kudos if anyone can get me something from Bud Clary since they are out here.

Oilslick

Reaction score
HELP REQUESTED!!!!!! As I confessed to you guys earlier, my dealer claimed he absolutely could not lock in the March incentives and my truck is finally due to arrive in Portland soon. Specifically I’m asking if any of you have anything in writing from your deal you are willing to share with me to present when I conclude my purchase. Email is billkoehler13@gmail. Or text (360)798-9188. And I appreciate in advance anything you can throw my way. Still buying the truck regardless of how this comes down - waited too long with my new travel trailer stored in my shop. As you can see by my build - she is more utilitarian than show piece - more old school to match this old fart. All said & done, I’ll still be pretty close to $50K plus taxes on a $58K MSRP but as I’ve heard others say - I may not be gay but $20 is $20. Thanks again guys - and special kudos if anyone can get me something from Bud Clary since they are out here.
Does it say "Sold Vehicle" on your build sheet. Look near the bottom of it.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
Yup - Sold Order to be exact.
I went through the same thing. My dealership/manager/sales rep were all clueless about the sold order protection. I had to show them this thread and told them to get it done otherwise I am walking. I had no skin in the game since I didn’t put down a deposit, so I know it can be done. By the time it was all said and done, I got $10K off MSRP/18% off and 0% for 72.

Last edited:

chuck01835

Reaction score
See this thread:
Thread 'Lock in Incentives & Rebates on Factory Orders' https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/lock-in-incentives-rebates-on-factory-orders.29443/

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
Yeah but I’m pretty sure that had to be done when you ordered. Not when you picked up…
Because my dealership was clueless, see above post, I was about a week and half away from delivery/arrival when I went through this. My order was labeled as sold. That said, I think it can be done. I ordered mid-February and my truck arrived May 17th.

Users who are viewing this thread